WWE Refund Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Discus and support WWE Refund Part 2: Electric Boogaloo in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since my last thread was closed down (for no reason I can ascertain), I'm reopening this until someone at Xbox sits up and pays attention. Allow me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Coop212-[xboxvenue], Nov 9, 2019.

1. WWE Refund Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Since my last thread was closed down (for no reason I can ascertain), I'm reopening this until someone at Xbox sits up and pays attention. Allow me to go through the events as they transpired:

1) October 1st 2019:
    Preordered WWE 2k20 Deluxe Edition

2) October 11th 2019: Purchased 'Atlas' on Xbox Store. Uninstalled it that same day and requested a refund, as I played it and found it unplayable.

3) October 16th 2019: Refund for 'Atlas' approved. Money returned.

4) October 22nd 2019: WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition installs on my Xbox One. I play it. It's utterly dreadful. Targeting issues, clipping, lag, interface gaps, etc.

5) October 23rd 2019: I play WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition again, being willing to give it a second chance. Same problems persist. I have been playing the WWE 2K series since they took over from THQ, so I have a great depth of experience
    with this series. This game is unplayable. I uninstall it and request a refund, citing the 'Item ordered by mistake' reason, as there is no 'Item utterly unplayable' option.

6) October 26th 2019: I receive a response from Microsoft informing me that "We can't provide a refund to the request for order(s) (#######) purchased on October 1st. Our refund policy does not allow refunds for digital products that
    have been played or consumed."

7) I reinstall the game, figuring I'm stuck with it, so I may as well make the best of it. An update patch is announced. I install it, hoping this will fix the bugs. It doesn't.

8) I open a thread here on the Microsoft Community to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. Turns out they have. Receive some helpful advice, but find no way to communicate directly with Microsoft regarding the issue.

9) Thread gets closed down by a Microsoft admin. Yes, an admin closed the thread seemingly without even looking at it, much less addressing it.

10) This post. Now you're up to date.

All I want to know is, why would Microsoft be willing to refund me for 'Atlas' (which I played, disliked and asked for a refund for), but not for WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition (which I also played, disliked and asked for a refund for)?
    It seems arbitrary, or worse (and this is the cynic in me), based on cost. 'Atlas' was £20-something. WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition was £85. I feel like my request has been unilaterally ignored for the sake of expedience, and that my custom isn't valued. When PlayStation
    began receiving requests for refunds for this unplayable game, they granted them.

As a side-note, here's a link to a video on YouTube, highlighting what an unplayable mess this game is. I need people to realise that this is not some random player who's dissatisfied with how often his finisher gets reversed.
    I'm a seasoned veteran of the 2K WWE series, and I've never played anything as laughably unfinished as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMk6ZIxyII4

:)

Coop212-[xboxvenue], Nov 9, 2019
  2. King raiderX80 Win User

Hello this is an very weird situation you are currently haveing at the moment have you tried recontacting Microsoft in a diffrent way then you did the first time as a diffrent way may be abel to get you a diffrent result. If not maybey put a complaint
    through to see if that helps.
  3. skylaar Win User

While I am having trouble locating the exact details of the refund, there may have been a piece about requesting the refund within 24 hours if you had played the game. Atlas you requested the same day, with WWE 2k20 you waited until the following day and
    that 24 hour period may have lapsed.

Have you tried contacting the developer of WWE 2K20? Similar to other goods, you normally work with the actual owner of the product after the store refund policy has expired. For example if I purchase a Samsung TV at Best Buy and am not satisfied with
    the product after the store return policy expires I work directly with Samsung.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Coop212-[xboxvenue],

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this situation. When it comes to refunds for digital items, such as the game WWE 2K20, that is strictly handled by the refund team. Sadly, we here on the forums lack the necessary tools to directly assist with
    any refund or billing issues.

In general, if you've requested a refund for an item and been denied, you would need to reply directly to the email you received stating that you'd like them to look into an exception. Further information about this may be found in our support article entitled Request
    an Xbox digital product refund

Should you still receive a determination that the refund will not be granted, then I would encourage you to
    request a call back from Xbox Support to see if there is anything that they may do to assist you, or look into the matter further. Alternatively, you may
    contact 2K Support to see if they have any solutions that may help you to get the game working as intended as well.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or
    thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Thanks again for posting and happy gaming.
  5. superSnausages Win User

Is anyone getting Dead island?

'Oblivion 2: Electric Boogaloo' maybe
  6. ABigSweatyBear Win User

What do we all think project scarlet's official name will be?

Xbox Two: Electric Boogaloo
Thema:

1. WWE Refund Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - Similar Threads - WWE Refund Part

2. Juego: WWE 2K16. Error: 0x803f800f [Mod Translation-Game: WWE 2K16. Error: 0x803f800f]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Juego: WWE 2K16. Error: 0x803f800f [Mod Translation-Game: WWE 2K16. Error: 0x803f800f]: Hola que tal, alguien me puede dar una solución sobre este error (0x803f800f) ya que me da un mensaje que necesito renovar mis suscripciónes Gold y Gamepass, o bien que inicie sesion en la cuenta...
  3. Wwe 2k20 Xcloud: Custom superstars not downloading

in XboX Insiders
    Wwe 2k20 Xcloud: Custom superstars not downloading: I was trying 2k20 on xcloud and thought I'd look at some custom superstars eg CM Punk and when I went to download it to use for myself the bar completed however the download never fully completed....
  4. Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k 19 lost all caws like the game reset it self or a problem with the servers: Went on wwe 2k 19 just now to finish a caw and none of them are there like the game reset it self even my fished the story and its at the beginning also got this when starting the game up [img]...
  5. WWE 2K17 and WWE 2K16 games missing from ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE 2K17 and WWE 2K16 games missing from ready to install: I purchased these games in December of last year. They recently disappeared from my ready to install list. I tried unhiding all games and they are still missing. I also tried going to my...
  6. WWE 2k20 refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE 2k20 refund: I recently applied for a refund for WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition, as purchased over Xbox Marketplace (Order number: 5191670915). I had no option other than to click 'Item ordered by mistake', because...
  7. Wwe 2k19 Lost Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wwe 2k19 Lost Data: My characters, arenas, championships, in universe mode gone. But my my career character isn’t gone and in universe mode when I Click edit on a superstar it quits the game. So anybody help me...
  8. WWE 2K20

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE 2K20: I preorder wwe 2k20 and it took the money and now it says that its declined and that i have not bought but when i look at my xbox it is downloaded and it says i have not bought it. Even tho i...
  9. lost my saved data for WWE 2K19

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost my saved data for WWE 2K19: Hello everyone, i own WWE2K19 for Xbox One, had it since day one and haven't had any issues, until yesterday when it came up with the introduction screen when you first load the game after you...
  10. WWE app not opening on xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE app not opening on xbox360: xbox live is working, and I can access youtube videos (as an example) I deleted the WWE app, then downloaded it again. When I did it told me I had already purchased the item and I may have...