X-Box One not powering up

Discus and support X-Box One not powering up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an X-Box One that quit working. I went out and read the remarks about unplugging and what not. When I plug the Power Brick into the wall I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CoreySharpe, Mar 4, 2021.

1. CoreySharpe
    CoreySharpe Guest

I have an X-Box One that quit working. I went out and read the remarks about unplugging and what not. When I plug the Power Brick into the wall I get and orange light. As soon as I plug the power brick into the console, the light goes out. I can unplug everything and plug the brick into the console and then as soon as IO plug it into the wall the orange light comes on and goes right out. Do I just need a new Power Brick. I have found them for sale online, but don't want to buy one if that is not the fix. TIA for any help

:)

CoreySharpe, Mar 4, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @CoreySharpe, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still getting the same issue, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Since the console is an all digital one, click on the "Bind" button, after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the button. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

If none of the troubleshooting steps mentioned before and nothing is displaying on your screen, you will need to change the power supply. Since the original Xbox One console power supply can no longer be purchased from the official Microsoft store you will need to get one from a third party electronic shop.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. NikkiF99uk Win User

Will a UK X Box One S and Original X Box work in the US

One option is to try to get a new power supply diretly from microsoft, the other option is to get a power converter to use it.
    For the X Box One S or Original X Box?
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

X box 360s not powering up

You are both in EU region so there is no region lock or problems with power wattage
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Power supply issue or console issue

Do you have it plugged into a surge protector or directly into a wall? The X Box One was designed to be plugged directly into the wall, as it has a built in surge protector. The X Box One will not receive full power if plugged into a surge protector and
    may give you problems.
  6. J.R.G. Win User

90% of my games don't work...oh, my! Lol.

Another problem with having the X Box offline? Went to play some Fallout the other day and the X Box was not not showing up on my T.V.; no signal. Powered off and on...nothing. Powered the T.V. off and on...nothing. Unplugged everything and waited five minutes
    before hooking it all back up...success.

I'm gone again for the next four days, though will go back online with that console upon returning home; as it appears nothing has changed since first going offline.

My conclusion...the X Box is pretty sad offline. Lol.
Thema:

1. X-Box One not powering up - Similar Threads - Box powering

2. TV box only works if xbox is ON or power cord from xbox is unplugged

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV box only works if xbox is ON or power cord from xbox is unplugged: Recently, without changing any wires etc. My bell fibe box (digital tv box) only works if my xbox is unplugged from the wall or if my xbox is on. I tried a new bell box, same issue. I have...
  3. X Box Series X not powering on normally (powers on very briefly)

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series X not powering on normally (powers on very briefly): I have just tried to power up a new Xbox Series X for the first time. The startup "X" button lights up and then immediately goes off. If you hold it down, it's the same. If I insert a disk, the...
  4. Xbox power box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power box: My power supply. Will turn orange when connected to the outlet but i connect the second cord to the xbox the supply will turn off b53e49b6-172f-405c-9439-354f58f4d12b
  5. boitier noir d'alimentation xbox one [Mod Translation - black power box xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    boitier noir d'alimentation xbox one [Mod Translation - black power box xbox one]: bonjour, ou puis-je trouver le boitier noir de l'alimentation de la xbox one....? il c'est éteint brusquement. donc j'ai débranché la xbox one et je l"ai rebranché. le voyant s"allume orange et...
  6. Xbox box will not power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox box will not power up: When we push the power button the xbox will start to power up but won't and shuts off. We've tried all the trouble shooting we could find. 9f6b32fa-fd73-41ef-87e3-76d2a3e50115
  7. xbox power box

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox power box: The power box for my xbox is flashing orange and green and my xbox will not turn on d62aefa6-2f7c-4886-91ed-bb9b34257a51
  8. Netzteil neu X-box zeigt kein Bild [Edit - Transaltion] - Power supply new X-box shows no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netzteil neu X-box zeigt kein Bild [Edit - Transaltion] - Power supply new X-box shows no...: Ich habe für meine X-box one ein neues Netzteil das passende gekauft neu schließe es an läuft aber nicht weiter als bis startbildschirm der grün ist danach kurz schwarz habe ca. 1 stunde gewartet...
  9. Xbox one shuts off and power supply box while in certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one shuts off and power supply box while in certain games: Is anyone having issues with their xbox one shutting down and power supply box shutting off while trying to play games? We have been having an issue for the last two weeks. We noticed that once we...
  10. POWER BOX ON XBOX ONE TURNING OFF AND ON

in XBoX Accessibility
    POWER BOX ON XBOX ONE TURNING OFF AND ON: My Xbox orange light on the power box is turing on for a second and then turning off. I’ve tried unplugging and re plugging, but the same thing. If I unplug the cord connected to the power box...