X Box One S console frozen during game update

Discus and support X Box One S console frozen during game update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The console is frozen during a game update on my brother's X Box One S. turning the console off and back on did not help. Only the frozen update screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dave631, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Dave631
    Dave631 Guest

The console is frozen during a game update on my brother's X Box One S. turning the console off and back on did not help. Only the frozen update screen comes on and no other games can be played. After inserting new game, it does not visibly do anything but then a message to the effect 'this is taking too long" is displayed. Is there a reset button on the console?

:)

Dave631, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Dave631, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Yes, there is. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.

Also, if you have an External hard drive kindly unplug it then check if the games will work just fine without it. If yes, it may mean that the hard drive is corrupted and you may need to reformat it.
  3. PutStarfish4898 Win User

Just unboxed an xbox one s and i have this error cant get past it help!

I been trying to update x box one s during the last 24 hs and and I cannot make this work. My internet conexion is ok, the x box is new. I need some help with this problem.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Updates download location

Yeah I understand this, but like I said before...all the games are in the external, but for whatever reason is upgrading and updating to the internal.
    This behaviour only occurs on Series X|S optimised games and only on the series X|S console.

Basically, if you have an Series X and your Xbox One game has been optimised for the system it will be moved to the faster storage during the update.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  6. darealestwun Win User

dolby atmos on xbox one s

I Know it works the same way on all consoles, but for some games its only for the 'x box one enhanced' umbrella. DTS X is irrelevant because its not in games thats only for blu ray output at the moment. For example, i bought shadow of the tomb raider
    on my base model x box, and atmos audio is not supported on the base model x box, on the x model only, and possible the s, not sure about that. I confirmed this in a phone call with microsoft support, which i made because i wasnt geting atomos with it. I
    also confirmed this through the forums. Apparently you weren't aware that not all games with dolby atmos for x box have it enabled on all consoles, sometimes just the higher ones, unless it has changed in the last six months. I need to know if the atmos
    enabled games that dont support atmos on the base model x box but support it on the x box one x, also it n the s box one s also, so i can buy one to have atmos on all available games with it. Its NOT available for all games that have atmos on the base model
    x box . If you could find this out i would be very happy.
Thema:

1. X Box One S console frozen during game update - Similar Threads - Box console frozen

2. Transferring an x-box one game onto an x-box series s console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring an x-box one game onto an x-box series s console: I have bought an x-box series s . I have transferred Forza 7 from my old x-box one but it won't play . I would buy the game again but the downloadable version is not available . What can I do ?...
  3. Question halo infinite on console Xbox s or x box?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question halo infinite on console Xbox s or x box?: Any Halo on Xbox s or x consoles? 69533e45-80d0-4bdf-af5b-936c867f5ffc
  4. Shortage of x box series x consols

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Shortage of x box series x consols: I want to buy 2 x box series x consols-cannot find them anywhere-when will this shortage end? b3734faf-78e8-4986-bb5f-31db10a4efb8
  5. Unavailable X Box Series X Consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Unavailable X Box Series X Consoles.: I have actively been searching for the new X-Box Series X Console since it first came out in 2020. I have never seen any retailer in South Florida (where I live) that had these consoles in stock....
  6. new x box console

in XBoX on Consoles
    new x box console: I have recently purchased a new x box console, have logged in to my account and did a network transfer of a pre-purchased game but it won't let me play? it asked if i own the game and tries to get...
  7. X Box One S All-Digital - No HDMI signal and unresponsive to console reset / low-res...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One S All-Digital - No HDMI signal and unresponsive to console reset / low-res...: X Box One S All-Digital is not producing a signal through HDMI. I have swapped cables and confirmed all cables to be functional by testing them with other devices. I have also tested this on...
  8. Feedback Re Poorly Packed Xbox Series X - Console box has crush damage on two edges.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feedback Re Poorly Packed Xbox Series X - Console box has crush damage on two edges.: Hi All, My console was delivered from DHL a couple of days ago and my partner put it aside in a room hidden from my son as she works from home. The plan was to keep the Xbox hidden until April...
  9. My X Box One S console is refusing to turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X Box One S console is refusing to turn on.: My X Box One S console is refusing to turn on. There appears to be no external damage to the body. Where do I take it to get it fixed in Mumbai India? 8a6dba6e-0062-4398-8d70-ede36335809d
  10. New X Box one controllers not working on original Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    New X Box one controllers not working on original Xbox one console: I have a Original Xbox One console that i bought when they first come out and have never had any problems with it. It now has been used for basically streaming movies and playing kids games in the...