X Box One S Console Turns On and then Turns Off after a couple of mins. Won't connect to TV

Discus and support X Box One S Console Turns On and then Turns Off after a couple of mins. Won't connect to TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all and thanks in advance for your help. I bought the X Box One S last Xmas for my son. It is still under warranty. The problem is initially... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LubisTN, Oct 25, 2020.

1. LubisTN
    LubisTN Guest

X Box One S Console Turns On and then Turns Off after a couple of mins. Won't connect to TV

Hello all and thanks in advance for your help.

I bought the X Box One S last Xmas for my son.

It is still under warranty.

The problem is initially it wouldn't connect to the TV. It was connecting the morning of and stopped later that day. Nothing has changed. Checked the HDMI ports and the power.

Now it turns off and then turns off a couple of minutes later.

Help please!

:)

LubisTN, Oct 25, 2020
  2. tomtendo-AA592B4E-B8 Win User

Xbox.. Shut off TV?

It goes to sleep/turns off after X mins. But it doesn't turn on...
  3. Electric Pi Win User

X Box One stopped powering TV on and off

That link is for trouble with the OneGuide app. I am not trying to use the OneGuide app. I am trying to use the seemingly undocumented feature that has long allowed my X Box to turn on the TV without using the connect or any other Infrared emitter. Anyway,
    I did a hard reset with the HDMI cable unplugged, then plugged in the HDMI cable after powering on the X Box, and that did the trick; my X Box turns the TV on and off again *without* using the connect or any other IR device
  4. Dalgrim Win User

Brand New Xbox one 1TB, network issues

Ok the system restore finished, the updates are all downloaded. Of course I had to enter the password on first time through. Turned off the system waited 5 min turned it back on: home screen with a "connect to xbox live" box.... great....

before I could turn it off or click the button I got called away to help with the kids, about 3 min later I came back by the TV and by a stroke of luck the screen changed as I was walking by the TV. It connected and loaded my friends list. So now I have
    another question:

How long after booting and showing the home screen does/should it take for the network to connect? 3+min sounds like a long time to connect after booting.
  5. darkplagueangel Win User

Xbox bricked after update.

Yep! My xbox turns on...... for 5 mins then shuts off. I've unplugged everything, made sure my external drive was not plugged in.. nothing is working. My xbox was perfectly fine till I turned it on and it ran that update. It rebooted like it was suppose
    too, I went one YouTube then shut off... turned it back on.. waited a couple mins, then turned off. Waited 20 mins turned it on one last time and it turned off after 10 mins. After this point I got pissed off and said **** it. Only thing I can think of is
    factory reset it if it gives me a enough time too and see if that works.. last thing I want to do. Microsoft seriously need to step up their game on updates, between console and PC. Their updates are ****.
  6. GTRSJKL1052517 Win User

Xbox 1x taking too long to power down since recent dashboard update

Hello my xbox one x keeps turning off after ten mins I just got it
Thema:

1. X Box One S Console Turns On and then Turns Off after a couple of mins. Won't connect to TV - Similar Threads - Box Console Turns

2. Can anybody help me get past this I’ve turned off the all check boxes and reset console to...

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me get past this I’ve turned off the all check boxes and reset console to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/K4503 [link] [comments]
  3. X Box console ban for a month.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box console ban for a month.: My Son has been banned from his console for 1 month but we have no idea why. When we visit the enforcement history page it tells us he has a perfect record. We have no orange handshake so...
  4. How do I get a repair estimate for my X-Box One S console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a repair estimate for my X-Box One S console?: My X-Box One S console no longer 'connects to' my TV or receiver. I have tried re-connecting X-Box One S console to multiple TVs and no success. I can connect an older X-Box 360 console....
  5. How can I use my USA X-box one console -model 1540 -in Europe (The Netherlands)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my USA X-box one console -model 1540 -in Europe (The Netherlands)?: After buying my X box one in the US I moved to Holland. Is it sufficient for me to swap my US powerbrick to one powerrelated to the EU (my US powerbrick has input of 100-127 volt), or do I also...
  6. X box one console will not display anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one console will not display anything: I have a new console that was a gift Dec 2018. Has been in my room since purchased never hooked up. I got it out today hooked it up came on did the updates, started to download a game walked away....
  7. X Box Console from different continent

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Console from different continent: I bought an X Box digital in Russia while teaching abroad. If I bring it home to Canada, will it work there or should I sell it here before I leave? Just curious. Mixed things said about it...
  8. Forza Horizon 4, no console X Box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4, no console X Box: Não consigo abrir o Forza Horizon 4, no console X Box. Aparece a seguinte mensagem: "Por algum motivo Forza Horizon 4 demorou muito tempo para iniciar. 0x8027025a" Não é a primeira vez que...
  9. X box one s console would turn off instantly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one s console would turn off instantly after turning on.: My console is two years old. Today I encountered that every time I tried to turn it on, it turns off instantly. I tried everything from the Microsoft support but have failed. I would like to get...
  10. Update turned off my X-box one console for good.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update turned off my X-box one console for good.: My Xbox One, updated yesterday and after it finished it completely turned off. I cannot get it to turn on. I've have unplugged it several times, and it is still not operational. Please Help!...