X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage.

Discus and support X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was there ever a fix for this? I am having the same problem. Selecting Copy All or Move All in the Manage game menu does not work. The screen goes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RonVichar, Apr 4, 2015.

1. RonVichar
    RonVichar Guest

Was there ever a fix for this? I am having the same problem. Selecting Copy All or Move All in the Manage game menu does not work. The screen goes grey / black for a minute but nothing happens.

:)

RonVichar, Apr 4, 2015
  2. X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage.

When i go into my games and apps, and click on mange game, after i highlighted minecraft. then it only lets me delete a game and not move anything

TheBlackKight39, Apr 4, 2015
  3. Inpheksion
    Inpheksion Guest

Hello all. I recently purchased an external drive for my console, as I have filled up my internal. I wanted to move all my games from my internal to my external, as I travel to friends' houses often. However, when I go to copy or move games, it does nothing.

I go into My games & Apps, highlight a game, press menu and go to "manage game," open the pop-up menu and select" move all" or "copy all" and the pop up menu closes, but nothing happens, no matter how long I wait. I know the external functions, and I can
    download games to, and play games from the external without issue. I found another forum post from quite a few months ago with a user that had a similar problem, and he did not receive any replies, but after a while he replied saying that he factory reset
    his xbox and it is now working. I would like to avoid that, as my internet usage is capped, and I would not like the spend my next 2 months internet usage re-downloading all the games I have already downloaded.

Here is the previous forum post:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1866579.aspx

I tried to go through Xbox Support Chat but they told me "that is the only course of action," and did not even try a single trouble-shooting step, which annoyed me.

I would like to know if anyone else has ran into a similar issue and has resolved it.

Thank you, have a great afternoon.

Inpheksion, Apr 4, 2015
  4. ROD TWISM Win User

How does Copying (not moving) games to en external Hard drive work?

Once you copy from internal to external, the internal one will disappear after the process is done. So you are basically just moving it from one to the other. After you move all your games to the external drive. There will be a tab above your games that
    lets you choose internal/external "source". If you choose internal it will show empty if you have moved all your games to the external.
  5. maxen Win User

Can you try power cycling your console and disconnecting/re-connecting the hard drive?

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

Then let us know how you get on.

I know that when I try on my own console, it sometimes needs a couple attempts before it begins transferring. I'm not entirely sure why or what causes this, but things that generally help are making the move/copy the first action you complete after powering
    on from being completely off (power cycle and don't start any other games/apps first) and leaving it on the Manage Game screen until a progress bar appears, not backing out early. Generally once the first game successfully moves, there are no issues doing
    the rest.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

I had this issue at first. I fixed it by connecting my external hard drive to the rear USB port. If you plug it into the one on the side, it will only work as a media device.

Which port did you connect your external hard drive to?
  7. TheBlackKight39 Win User

When i go into my games and apps, and click on mange game, after i highlighted minecraft. then it only lets me delete a game and not move anything
  8. Inpheksion Win User

Tried power cycling the console.

Tried power cycling it off, unplugging hard drive, turning system on, plugging it back in.

Each time I would go to the manage game screen, press move all, and wait for at least 10 minutes. Nothing.

Also, Obsessive Power, you seem to have a different issue then, as once the drive is formatted to the Xbox One, it will work with any USB port. I can play games from mine whether it is plugged into the back or the side.

On the Xbox 360, I remember you could deleted cached memory and patch files by going over a storage device in the settings and hitting a pattern on the bumpers. Is there any way to delete the cached memory like that on the X1?
Thema:

1. X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage. - Similar Threads - Won't copy move

2. A Refund Glitched A Legit Copy Of Game, Now Won't DL or Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A Refund Glitched A Legit Copy Of Game, Now Won't DL or Play: I accidentally bought (2) copies of The Outer Worlds from the MS store. I successfully got a refund on one but now there is a glitch on my end. It will say "You own this game" in the store but...
  3. Master Chief Collection physical copy won't play because of the xbox game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection physical copy won't play because of the xbox game pass.: Ok, I own the physical copy of Master Chief Collection. Now it says I have to renew my game pass to play it.. Any help so I don't have to buy the gamepass to play a game I already own would be...
  4. GTA V won't run - disc or digital copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA V won't run - disc or digital copy: I bought a copy of GTA V a few months back for my Xbox One X, installed and updated there and then, but never got around to playing it. I attempted to play it for the first time the other day, but...
  5. NHL19 Digital Copy Won't Launch. No Error Code, Anyone Else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NHL19 Digital Copy Won't Launch. No Error Code, Anyone Else?: The game became playable at 1am i think. It's fully downloaded, digital copy.. i did a reset by holding the button on the xbox for 12 seconds.. other digital games startup but this just loads the...
  6. Physical copy of game (Dead Rising 4) won't start (0x803F8001)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of game (Dead Rising 4) won't start (0x803F8001): Today i've bought a physical copy of Dead Rising 4. When i put the game in the tray for the first time it asked to update (60.7GB) which is the whole game I had to download (no install from disc)....
  7. Fable 2 digital copy won't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 digital copy won't launch: As soon as I installed fable 2 on my Xbox one I have had issues getting it to launch. It will get stuck on the Xbox 360 page everytime, I have only gotten it to work twice in four days. I checked...
  8. Cloud Storage Won't except my copied game save data on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Storage Won't except my copied game save data on 360: I am really annoyed that I have this problem because nobody else in the WORLD it seems, has, or has ever had the same problem. I am frustrated and I feel helpless. Ok... So, I am trying to move my...
  9. Sold my Forza 6 Xbox One Edition Console to my son and the digital copy won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sold my Forza 6 Xbox One Edition Console to my son and the digital copy won't work: Hi All, I Sold my Forza 6 Xbox One Edition Console to my son and the digital copy of forza 6 won't work. I have removed the console from my account...Can someone please shed some light on how to...
  10. X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1 Won't copy/move games to external from internal storage.: Hello all. I recently purchased an external drive for my console, as I have filled up my internal. I wanted to move all my games from my internal to my external, as I travel to friends' houses...