X1X automatically selects first option in submenus

Discus and support X1X automatically selects first option in submenus in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, I wanted to check for an update on my 1X and opened the settings app. I then went to "System" and confirmed by pressing A, but then it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/paraknowya, Oct 23, 2019.

1. X1X automatically selects first option in submenus

Hi all,

I wanted to check for an update on my 1X and opened the settings app. I then went to "System" and confirmed by pressing A, but then it automatically opens up "Console info".

No difference if I try to enter the submenu by pressing the stick to the right.

This happens in every menu, so e.g. I'm on "Show all apps & games" and try to go over to my Games it automatically starts Alex Legends, or if I try to let it show all my Apps it opens BluRay-Player.

I cant even reset it!?

Did a complete shutdown and reboot and disconnected the x1x from power for 30 secs.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/paraknowya
    [link] [comments]

/u/paraknowya, Oct 23, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Cannot download games, DLC or updates to external hard drive when in Instant On mode....

Is the option to Automatically Download Updates selected?
  3. Hordie Win User

My Xbox Is Not Working

If you have Time Warner try this fix for the wifi / reboot issue.

1.Open a web browser.

2.Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example
    http://192.168.0.1/ )

3.The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.

4.From the menu on the left select Gateway.

5.From the submenu on the left select Connection.

6.From the next submenu select WiFi.

7.Under Private WiFi Network select Edit on the Network you wan to use.

8.Select the "Show More Security Options" (allow the pop up)

9.Select WPA TKIP (about the 6th option from the bottom)

10. Press Apply. (confirm the prompt about WPS no one used that and it is kind of insecure)

11. Select Save.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one restarts when entering wi-fi password

Do you have Time Warner Cable, and is your Gateway a TC8717T or TC8715D? If so the steps below seem to resolve others with this same problem.

1.Open a web browser.

2.Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example

3.The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.

10. Press Apply. (confirm the prompt about WPS no one used that and it is kind of insecure)

11. Select Save.
  5. dodohuzz Win User

Xbox one restarts when entering wi-fi password

Do you have Time Warner Cable, and is your Gateway a TC8717T or TC8715D? If so the steps below seem to resolve others with this same problem.

1.Open a web browser.

11. Select Save.
    This worked for me, but will it continue to work if I change back to original security option?
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one s not working

Is it restarting when you enter the wifi password? If so my suspicions would be that you are using Time Warner as your ISP. If so it is a know issue with the Xbox One and Time Warner. You should contact them to see if they have a fix for the issue. They
    should be aware of the issue and know of a fix.

Previously there were two options if that is in fact the case. The first one is to run the console wired. The other is cofiguring the router to use and obsolete sercurity protocol.

If your Gateway a TC8717T or TC8715D? If so the steps below seem to resolve others with this same problem.

1.Open a web browser.

11. Select Save.

Let us know. Good Luck!!
Thema:

X1X automatically selects first option in submenus

1. X1X automatically selects first option in submenus - Similar Threads - X1X automatically selects

2. Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls: Hello Insiders! Anyone else having an issue with Alexa and your respective Preview OS version relating to sound adjustments? On a console running the current (9/23) Preview Alpha, when I say...
  3. X1X not staying signed in

in XboX Insiders
    X1X not staying signed in: Alpha Skip Ahead. Last 2 nights it wants me to sign in when I power it up. I have a seriously large and complicated passwd plus MFA. Yay me. Tried to submit a bug report and that crashed and...
  4. Two X1X ALpha Ring issues - Often a dark screen at launch & Games failing to launch/timing...

in XboX Insiders
    Two X1X ALpha Ring issues - Often a dark screen at launch & Games failing to launch/timing...: I'm in the Preview Alpha Ring and have been having two issues recently, although one of them has been going on longer and just keeps becoming more frequent. The most recent issue is when I start...
  5. Major Issues with Alpha Skip build X1X

in XboX Insiders
    Major Issues with Alpha Skip build X1X: [IMG] submitted by /u/CaptainK1LL [link] [comments]
  6. X1X Back compat issues

in XboX Insiders
    X1X Back compat issues: I am having issues connecting to Live through the 360 back compat system and I am also having an audio/video stuttering issue with 360 compatible games. All games were from my external drive but...
  7. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port): I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer getting a signal to the TV. I've tried...
  8. HDR10 capable monitor not working with x1x

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR10 capable monitor not working with x1x: my monitor is the BenQ EW277HDR, it is the 1080 p 27-inch hdr capable monitor. I've encounter a wired thing, the game on PS4 Pro that support the hdr work perfectly on this monitor( it will...
  9. Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview): To whomever has the same setup as I; Please respond if you have the same configuration as I do, and may know something helpful, so I may narrow down the issue. 1) I have an Xbox One X (In this...
  10. Re: November update problems x1x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Re: November update problems x1x: Since the novemeber 2018 update things i was able to do and use are no longer working. My previous console dashboard wouldnt show anything on mixer or commuinty or gamepass or store. Plus in apps...