[X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet

Discus and support [X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; G'day all. For the last couple of weeks my X1X has had some issues with connecting to my wired connection. It seems to be related to the console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tensionpneumosnorlax, Jan 14, 2020.

1. [X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet

G'day all.

For the last couple of weeks my X1X has had some issues with connecting to my wired connection. It seems to be related to the console turning off (off off, not just instant on) or rebooting, or in the most recent case, the new beta update. Has occurred on around 6-7 occasions, and began around mid-december (around two beta builds ago?)

When the issue arises I am unable to sign in to any account on the console or use any Xbox live features. I was unable to report a problem and it threw an error. In 'latest console update status' it showed as update pending, despite having just been updated, and the previous menu showing 'checking for updates'.

Rebooting, power cycling, clearing cache, unplugging etc all seem to not have any effect. The only reliable fix I have found is through network settings and clearing the MAC address. I don't fully understand that side of things and can't work out why that would be the fix, but it works.

There are other devices running ethernet off the router working fine. I have also tried switching Ethernet ports but it has occurred again.

Has anyone had any similar issues and has a better, more lasting fix? Has been logged in insiders app.

submitted by /u/tensionpneumosnorlax
    [link] [comments]

/u/tensionpneumosnorlax, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Tut0r Win User

GTA V freezes after install

Is your console connected to the internet via an ethernet connection?
  3. Edgarour Win User

Alien Isolation install stops

Connect your console via ethernet
  4. Temhotabot Win User

WHAT WRONG! I can't connect to LIVE!

Try connecting your console to your network via an ethernet cable. If that works then you know the issue is somewhere within your wireless settings on either the console or your router. If you have wireless encryption enabled
    (which you should) then you would need to enter that key before the console would be allowed to connect to your network.

If connecting via ethernet does not work then the issue may be a hardware issue and if the console is still under the store warranty you should return it for another one. If it is beyond that time period then you would need to
    contact support in your region for a repair.
  5. DominumStige Win User

Xbox One X Connection Issue

You will have the problem with both WiFi and ethernet cable. Some routers do not communicate correctly with the new console. The fat xbox works correctly, but X1S and X1X have problems with certain routers. You can also connect an ethernet switch with
    WiFi to the router (as a repeater) and use that signal (or change router), you will see that it resolves.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Error Code 397f 0000 d080 0200 8007 0570

How is your console connected to the internet? If you are connected via wireless, try connecting via ethernet cable for the download.
Thema:

[X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet

1. [X1X Beta] Console periodically refusing to connect via ethernet - Similar Threads - X1X Beta Console

2. X1X and Resident Evil 7 overheating issue

in XboX Insiders
    X1X and Resident Evil 7 overheating issue: Hi, my X1X spins the fan like a jet engine on the *menus* on RE7 then go almost silent when playing, even for hours at time. WTF? submitted by /u/__agony__ [link] [comments]
  3. X1X HDMI issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X HDMI issues: Hey all; here's the skinny; I use an Xbox one X on a Samsung Q80R which besides the annoying power on/off they like to play with each other has been seamless. Until today that is. I turned on the...
  4. X1X Scorpio 100Mpbs only?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Scorpio 100Mpbs only?: I have a XBox One X Scorpio Edition and the ethernet port on it will not switch to Gigabit. I am using a Cat6 cable and a gigabit router, no other switching equipment in between. Tested the...
  5. WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead

in XboX Insiders
    WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead: I used the USB type-c to a cable with the package from WD to connect the unit to X1X, everytime it will prompt me to format it to fit with Xbox's game storage standard and I can see it shows will...
  6. Problems with Final Fantasy XIII-2 backwards compatibility on X1X - massive stuttering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Final Fantasy XIII-2 backwards compatibility on X1X - massive stuttering: Hi everyone, I wanted to replay FFXIII-2 on my Xbox One X but sometimes the Game starts to stutter like crazy and most of the times it only helps to close/restart the Game. I cleaned out the local...
  7. X1X Settings wont open/Microphone crashes to home

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Settings wont open/Microphone crashes to home: Hello, since today I'm having very wierd issues with my xbox one x. - First I can't open the Settings app, everytime I try, it show me the logo then back to the homescreen. - Also, when creating...
  8. X1X automatically selects first option in submenus

in XboX Insiders
    X1X automatically selects first option in submenus: Hi all, I wanted to check for an update on my 1X and opened the settings app. I then went to "System" and confirmed by pressing A, but then it automatically opens up "Console info". No...
  9. Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls

in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Alexa & X1X’s Volume Controls: Hello Insiders! Anyone else having an issue with Alexa and your respective Preview OS version relating to sound adjustments? On a console running the current (9/23) Preview Alpha, when I say...
  10. X1X not staying signed in

in XboX Insiders
    X1X not staying signed in: Alpha Skip Ahead. Last 2 nights it wants me to sign in when I power it up. I have a seriously large and complicated passwd plus MFA. Yay me. Tried to submit a bug report and that crashed and...