X360 Headset adapter

Discus and support X360 Headset adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; last week I ordered an adapter which let's me use my PC headset on my Xbox 360 console. I plug the adapter in the controller and then from there I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Teh AFCA, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Teh AFCA
    Teh AFCA Guest

X360 Headset adapter

last week I ordered an adapter which let's me use my PC headset on my Xbox 360 console. I plug the adapter in the controller and then from there I have 2 x 3.5MM cable slots, one for my sound and one for the mic that is included in the headset.

The audio is fine, I can hear my friends but they can't hear me? Please help.

:)

Teh AFCA, Aug 8, 2014
  2. bRoger2610
    bRoger2610 Guest
    Xbox One headset used on Xbox 360 (reverse compatibility)

Will an Xbox One headset (TB XO7, Tritton Kunai, Afterglow Karga, etc.) work on an Xbox 360? By work, I mean both chat and stereo sound. A possible connection could be 2.5mm InLine Talkback Cable --> 2.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male Adapter --> XO Headset.
    The thing I was worried about was sound. I figured this may work for chat, but X360 headsets used the RCA connectors or optic cables and dual band transmitters. Would there be any way to make an XO headset work with an X360?

Also, if someone could enlighten me on how stereo sound is transmitted from the Xbox One to headsets designed for it, and how this technology is different from the 360, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

bRoger2610, Aug 8, 2014
  3. MysticReigns
    MysticReigns Guest
    Wireless chat frequency

1st - my understanding is the connector between the headset and the controller are different. x360 is a 3.5mm plug type and the X1 has a micro USB.

2nd - the wireless portion aka Frequency is handled by the wireless transmitter of the headset maker, and has nothing to do with the x360 as the only thing that is wireless is the controller which carries the chat channel

as far as the x1 goes I'm not sure if they have integrated the chat, in game sound and controller all on the same controller frequency and that is the reason for the plug change on the headset to controller or what.

I have read rumor that MS and possibly TB are working on an adapter that will allow x360 headsets to work with the x1. But I don't have any verifiable proof of that.

MysticReigns, Aug 8, 2014
  4. xTye
    xTye Guest

X360 Headset adapter

Things like that do not work I'm afraid. It needs a single input and has to be fitted with one connection for both audio and the microphone.

xTye, Aug 8, 2014
  5. xTye Win User

X360 Headset adapter

Things like that do not work I'm afraid. It needs a single input and has to be fitted with one connection for both audio and the microphone.
  6. MysticReigns Win User

Wireless chat frequency

1st - my understanding is the connector between the headset and the controller are different. x360 is a 3.5mm plug type and the X1 has a micro USB.

2nd - the wireless portion aka Frequency is handled by the wireless transmitter of the headset maker, and has nothing to do with the x360 as the only thing that is wireless is the controller which carries the chat channel

as far as the x1 goes I'm not sure if they have integrated the chat, in game sound and controller all on the same controller frequency and that is the reason for the plug change on the headset to controller or what.

I have read rumor that MS and possibly TB are working on an adapter that will allow x360 headsets to work with the x1. But I don't have any verifiable proof of that.
  7. qudeenz360 Win User

Using Headphones and USB Microphones.

8. DangerousBard Win User

Turtle Beaches X22

9. Dannefan Win User

Tritton warhead 7.1 headset

I found "Tritton Warhead X360 7.1 Dolby Wireless Surround Headset" for 344$ at a Swedish website :)
Thema:

X360 Headset adapter

1. X360 Headset adapter - Similar Threads - X360 Headset adapter

2. Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360): So i got Gold and got my last achievement on 28/JUL/2019. In the achievements of the game's box it shows that all of them are achieved and that i have 93/93 but in some places for example my...
  3. (X360)I can't get xbox one games

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360)I can't get xbox one games: I'm a live gold subscriber, and I've always got the Xbox 360 and One games, but it's been a few months since I've only been able to get the Xbox 360 games. A few months ago an error appeared when...
  4. Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?: Hello, I saw that Burnout Revenge is on the backward compatibility list, but I wonder if I'll buy the game now thru Xbox Marketplace website, will I see it in my games library on Xbox One X and...
  5. Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING: I just recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite (Yeah, i think that's the model) from a friend, but he lacked the PSU, so i decided to find it by myself online once again Got this one: [img] This is...
  6. (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?: It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't happened to console....
  7. (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?: Or it will just do the same just because the console does not recognize the AV cable? PS: I already know how's the deal since i researched a lot. e0d39182-6198-41ae-9ce3-437fb33cdf19
  8. DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions): In my library and store disappeared x360 versions of DOOM1 and DOOM2, but appeared new versions for current generation of consoles. This happened 'cuz of QuakeCon'19? And does it mean i need to...
  9. playing installed games from discs without disc x360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing installed games from discs without disc x360: hello i have xbox 360 and where i have it i havent got internet... i have installed my games but they wont play without disc and i dont know why but i want to play them without discs... i havent...
  10. Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone: Hey guys. So I use a monitor to play my xbox 360 and xbox one on. With my wired Turtle beach headset, in order to use it on the monitor I had to rig it so that the HDMI cord and red/white/yellow...