(X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?

Discus and support (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanalbi, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Tanalbi
    Tanalbi Guest

It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't happened to console.

:)

Tanalbi, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Altage Win User

Check the label on the PSU itself, if it is 175, 150, or 203W, then it will work. But heres a chart showing which you have.
    [​IMG]
    I
    would recommend using a 175, or 150W, since those are for your specific model.
  3. Altage Win User

Hey Tanalbi! I was going to reply this on your latest question post. But the thread had been locked while i was typing it up, however this question seems very similar!

I had the same problem! Long story short, it will work. And i dont recommend using a 3rd party connector, always use Microsoft released hardware. However your chances of something happening to it will increase. What i mean by this is everything has a chance
    to “fry” or short circuit. But using something that outputs less voltage is a risk.

While Microsoft no longer sells these PSUs. I recommend going to GameStop. My local store still sells the PSUs standalone. The model you want to be on the lookout for is the 175W model, or the 150W model.

Here is a link providing more information on finding out which one your particular unit requires.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/power-supply

Any Elite model system manufactured before 2009 will be 175W, and any during or after will be 150W.
  4. Tanalbi Win User

Hey ! I was going to reply this on your latest question post. But the thread had been locked while i was typing it up, however this question seems very similar!

I had the same problem! Long story short, it will work. And i dont recommend using a 3rd party connector, always use Microsoft released hardware. However your chances of something happening to it will increase. What i mean by this is everything has a chance
    to “fry” or short circuit. But using something that outputs less voltage is a risk.

While Microsoft no longer sells these PSUs. I recommend going to GameStop. My local store still sells the PSUs standalone. The model you want to be on the lookout for is the 175W model, or the 150W model.

Here is a link providing more information on finding out which one your particular unit requires.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/power-supply

Any Elite model system manufactured before 2009 will be 175W, and any during or after will be 150W.
    This PSU isn't actually third-party, it is actually Microsoft-original. My question now is that if it will work on my 175/150W console
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello Tanalbi!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I'm sorry to hear about the power supply issues that you're experiencing with your 360 console.

It sounds like it's definitely an issue with your Power Supply.

I would suggest trying another 360 power supply with your console to confirm that is the issue.

Hopefully you have a friend with a 360 that you can borrow it from, or head down to your local game shop / store.

Helpful link:

Check the Xbox 360 power supply

Let us know this helped! Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello
    Tanalbi

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox forums. I understand that you have a question about the voltage for your Xbox 360 console.

I would like to remind you of the Xbox Forum Guidelines.

• 13) Please do not spam. No commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content. Double, triple, etc. posting can also be considered spam.

We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged? - Similar Threads - X360 Power supply

2. Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360): So i got Gold and got my last achievement on 28/JUL/2019. In the achievements of the game's box it shows that all of them are achieved and that i have 93/93 but in some places for example my...
  3. (X360)I can't get xbox one games

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360)I can't get xbox one games: I'm a live gold subscriber, and I've always got the Xbox 360 and One games, but it's been a few months since I've only been able to get the Xbox 360 games. A few months ago an error appeared when...
  4. Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?: Hello, I saw that Burnout Revenge is on the backward compatibility list, but I wonder if I'll buy the game now thru Xbox Marketplace website, will I see it in my games library on Xbox One X and...
  5. Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING: I just recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite (Yeah, i think that's the model) from a friend, but he lacked the PSU, so i decided to find it by myself online once again Got this one: [img] This is...
  6. (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?: Or it will just do the same just because the console does not recognize the AV cable? PS: I already know how's the deal since i researched a lot. e0d39182-6198-41ae-9ce3-437fb33cdf19
  7. DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions): In my library and store disappeared x360 versions of DOOM1 and DOOM2, but appeared new versions for current generation of consoles. This happened 'cuz of QuakeCon'19? And does it mean i need to...
  8. playing installed games from discs without disc x360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing installed games from discs without disc x360: hello i have xbox 360 and where i have it i havent got internet... i have installed my games but they wont play without disc and i dont know why but i want to play them without discs... i havent...
  9. Xbox All Digital - X360 physical games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox All Digital - X360 physical games: I really want to get the All Digital Xbox One S, however I am pretty sure that the X360 games that are already on the XB1 in your library won't install the full game(s) of X360 that you own a...
  10. Xbox One power brick on a x360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power brick on a x360?: Hey guys, kind of a dumb question here, but are we able to use a Xbox One power brick on an old Xbox 360? One of the main reasons why I upgraded to the Xbox One was because in the middle of last...