X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under ...

Discus and support X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help. I am adding the X360 MAC address to my router list of approved devices, and only one MAC address shows up, and doesn't even list which it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The BagelGoat, Jun 19, 2014.

1. X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under ...

Please help. I am adding the X360 MAC address to my router list of approved devices, and only one MAC address shows up, and doesn't even list which it is. When you have two ways of connecting (WiFi and LAN) it reequires two different MAC addys. And even
    when I disconnect the ethernet cable and go wireless the same address shows up. So, how do we find out which is which and where is the other MAC located?! Help!

:)

The BagelGoat, Jun 19, 2014
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Xbox won't change to alternate MAC address.

If you need to specify an alternate MAC you can do the following. Alternate MAC address, is basically MAC spoofing where you type a MAC in, and should generally only be used for troubleshooting or more technical people. The physical MAC of the NIC cards

1. Open Settings on the Xbox One.
    2. Select Network.
    3. Select Advanced settings.
    4. Select Alternate MAC address.
    5. Type in the alternate MAC address and press Enter.
    6. You will have to restart the console for the change to take effect.
    To find your network MAC

1. Open Settings on the Xbox One.
    2. Select Network.
    3. Select Advanced settings.
    4. Then look to the right for the physical MAC address.
    See this link
    for more information on the network setting for the Xbox.

Hordie, Jun 19, 2014
  3. Cassidine
    Cassidine Guest
    xbox one smartglass not connecting

On Xbox One under Network / Advanced Settings clearing my MAC address and rebooting worked for me.

Cassidine, Jun 19, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under ...

Greetings BeaverGear!

The Xbox 360 S/E register with one MAC address, regardless if you connect your console with an Ethernet cable or wireless to your router.

Hope this answers your question.

taidara, Jun 19, 2014
  5. taidara Win User

X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under Advanced Settings. Where is the other?

Greetings BeaverGear!

The Xbox 360 S/E register with one MAC address, regardless if you connect your console with an Ethernet cable or wireless to your router.

Hope this answers your question.
  6. Colin-F1 Win User

error code 0x87E00005. help

I have checked the network settings as I thought it might be that as i'm using a wifi connection but even with an ethernet connection it makes know difference. I have tried a different MAC address and wireless channel all to know effect.
  7. Thunshot Win User

Connecting to Xbox Live with 802.1x

How do I determine which MAC I need? Because ipconfig /all gives a bunch of different physical addresses and I'm not sure which one to pick. I connect to the school's internet via WiFi, not Ethernet. Not sure which physical address/MAC is the correct one.

The options I have are: Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12, Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection, Wireless LAN adapter WiFi (I think it's this one), Ethernet adapter Ethernet, Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter, Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection*
    2, Tunnel adapter isatap.wireless.umass.edu...

I'm pretty sure it's the Wireless LAN adapter WiFi but I'm not sure. Thank you guys for the response. Keep the help coming!
  8. Zero Divided Win User

Xbox one online at hotel?

Yes, when your phone (any device actually) connects to the hotel wifi, it identifies that device by the MAC address and assigns an IP address, so when you connect your phone to the WiFi and is granted internet access, you change the MAC address of your Xbox
    to your phones MAC address and disconnect your phone from the WiFi, and then the hotel WiFi can't tell the difference between your phone and the Xbox, all it knows is that this MAC address gets this IP address and is granted access to the internet.

But make sure that you disables your phone WiFi, or it will cause a conflict having the same MAC address showing up on the network. Also, you will most likely have to do these steps every time you connect because after a short period of time of not being
    connected, the system will forget the MAC address and IP assignment and will make you sign in again.
  9. brilliant joey Win User

I.P. Addres bans

I was under the influence that only MAC address bans were in place. MAC addresses are Xbox specific machines; each is different. If you get a new Xbox, you should be able to resume playing. Microsoft typically bans a MAC address when they suspect it is
    "modded" or something alike.
Thema:

1. X360 Should Have Different MAC Addresses for Wifi and Ethernet. Only One Shows Up under ... - Similar Threads - X360 Should Different

2. Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Completed all Minecraft achievements but in some places Xbox says it's 88/93 (X360): So i got Gold and got my last achievement on 28/JUL/2019. In the achievements of the game's box it shows that all of them are achieved and that i have 93/93 but in some places for example my...
  3. (X360)I can't get xbox one games

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360)I can't get xbox one games: I'm a live gold subscriber, and I've always got the Xbox 360 and One games, but it's been a few months since I've only been able to get the Xbox 360 games. A few months ago an error appeared when...
  4. Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play Burnout Revenge (X360) on Xbox One X when I buy it on Xbox Marketplace?: Hello, I saw that Burnout Revenge is on the backward compatibility list, but I wonder if I'll buy the game now thru Xbox Marketplace website, will I see it in my games library on Xbox One X and...
  5. Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scrambled doubt about X360 PSU types and voltages and EVERYTHING: I just recently bought an Xbox 360 Elite (Yeah, i think that's the model) from a friend, but he lacked the PSU, so i decided to find it by myself online once again Got this one: [img] This is...
  6. (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Power supply burned, risk of console getting damaged?: It happened to a friend, the console didn't turned on until then, tested the PSU in other console and the same, he hopes that anything bad didn't happened to console....
  7. (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?: Or it will just do the same just because the console does not recognize the AV cable? PS: I already know how's the deal since i researched a lot. e0d39182-6198-41ae-9ce3-437fb33cdf19
  8. DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOOM1/DOOM2 (X360 versions): In my library and store disappeared x360 versions of DOOM1 and DOOM2, but appeared new versions for current generation of consoles. This happened 'cuz of QuakeCon'19? And does it mean i need to...
  9. playing installed games from discs without disc x360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing installed games from discs without disc x360: hello i have xbox 360 and where i have it i havent got internet... i have installed my games but they wont play without disc and i dont know why but i want to play them without discs... i havent...
  10. Xbox All Digital - X360 physical games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox All Digital - X360 physical games: I really want to get the All Digital Xbox One S, however I am pretty sure that the X360 games that are already on the XB1 in your library won't install the full game(s) of X360 that you own a...