XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

Discus and support XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My XB1 has been near-flawless since I got the Day One replacement. No major issues at all. Until, the February 15th update. Since then, my sound goes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yoset-744CAF53-3DCF-4C5B-A267-35B31410DB61, Feb 24, 2014.

1. XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

My XB1 has been near-flawless since I got the Day One replacement. No major issues at all.

Until, the February 15th update.

Since then, my sound goes out whenever I use the voice commands to change channels or when I use my DirecTV remote. The same happens when I use my Day One controller. The picture is crystal clear, but total silence. I first noticed this problem when I could
    not playback my DVR recordings without there being any sound.

I have made sure of the following:

- functional HDMI cables that connect the dish box to the XB1

- functional HDMI OUT cable that connects the XB1 to the set top box

- uncompressed settings in the "Display/Sound" menu, which has never been changed since I got the unit

Set Top Box: E3D470VX by Vizio

Provider: DirecTV

ISP: AT&T U-verse

:)

Yoset-744CAF53-3DCF-4C5B-A267-35B31410DB61, Feb 24, 2014
  2. frog_rosbif
    frog_rosbif Guest
    5.1 uncompressed no voice with Netflix

Hi I've got a Vizio 5.1 soundbar with arc hdmi I have my sat receiver connected by hdmi to the xbox one hdmi in....xb1 hdmi output to vizio soundbar hdmi in...vizio arc hdmi output to Sony hdmi arc input Xb1 audio set to 5.1 uncompressed Sound seems fine
    for everything but Netflix on xb1 With Netflix there is no voice at all unless I chose stereo in the app but I lose 5.1 I have tried bitstream but my tv pulls an error with dts....dolby didn't sound great for some reason Need help?

frog_rosbif, Feb 24, 2014
  3. EranMontiel
    EranMontiel Guest
    Audio settings help please!

I just bought a Vizio S3821w-c0 2.1 soundbar to replace my old and failing 5.1 system. This is how I have it wired:

Directv box to XB1 via HDMI > XB1 to TV via HDMI > TV to Soundbar via optical cable.

Since the soundbar supports Dolby Digital and DTS TruSurround, what are the optimal audio settings in the following XB1 menus?

Display & Sound > Hdmi audio >

(Bitstream or stereo uncompressed?)

Display & Sound > Bitstream format >

(Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround?)

TV & oneguide > audio & video > audio >

(Surround or Stereo?)

Right now I have it set with Bitstream, and Dolby Digital, and Surround, but I don't know if that's what's best. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EranMontiel, Feb 24, 2014
  4. El Daddy Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

I'm having lip sync issues as well. I just switched to Xfinity from DirecTV. There were no issues with my DTV box, but my Xfinity box has serious sync issues. The same Xfinity box on one of my other TV's has the same routing with the exception of the
    XB1 and no issues. I see no sync issues with Netflix, Amazon Instant, and gaming.

My audio settings are stereo. I tried Dolby 5.1 bitstream and it was much worse.

My routing is: Xfinity PR150BNM (Stereo) > HDMI > XB1 > HDMI > Vizio e601i-a3 > HDMI ARC > Vizio VHT215
  5. soniclooking Win User

Live TV delayed audio

I'm having the same issue. My Directv box is plugged into hdmi on the xbox one and then into Input 1 on my vizio tv. Then optical audio out my tv to a vizio sound bar. It is really annoying. I don't seem to notice it when I'm playing games or watching
    streaming movies. Only on the live tv function.

If there was a way to delay the video signal slightly it could match up. The adjustments on my TV are always delaying the audio which is already delayed.
  6. NINOBROWN5882 Win User

TV Signal Freezes

Same issue. I have a cox Atlanta scientific and a vizio tv. I switched to the hdmi that was included to run from the cable box to the XB1. Then cycled power to the XB1(hold for 5 secs), then unplugged and rebooted the cable box.

Problem fixed!!! Hope this helps. Took 2 mins to fix.
  7. MordifiedOne Win User

Tritton Trigger Sound issue question.

Yes I went out tonight and bought a Monster branded HDMI cable and got the same results. I also tried to use the orignal AV cable that came with my xbox and used the supplied audio connector for the headset and got the same half second delay with audio and
    video to the tv diffrent from the sound of the headset. Could this be a issue with my Vizio lcd tv?
  8. crh24 Win User

Xbox- Live TV Scientific Atlanta 8300 Constantly Switching between Output Resolution (480i, ,480p, 720p, 1080i)

In another thread I read that the TV app on the XB1 doesn't handle 1080i properly. I set the output on my SA 8300HD to 720p and most of my problems were resolved. I never did have a problem with the 8300 cycling the output resolution. In another thread
    I read that turning on the Surround Sound(Beta) function could help with intermittent video freezes. That and changing the digital audio out to HDMI on my 8300 did decrease the frequency of the freezes but they still happen. Fortunately the freezes only last
    for a second or two—irritating to say the least but not a total deal-breaker. I suspect it will take updates to the Watch TV app and/or XB1 firmware will be required to solve a lot of the issues with Watch TV.
Thema:

XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

1. XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV) - Similar Threads - XB1 Intermittent Audio

2. Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...: I used to play Forza Horizon 4 on XB1. Recently i've bought a gaming laptop, the Asus ROG G531GU. Forza works on both PC and XB1, so I installed Forza on my laptop. Once done, the game started and...
  3. Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller: I have recently bought a new xbox one controller and I am experiencing a lot of static through my headphones and headphone adapter, I have tried everything from unplugging the headphones, changing...
  4. Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.: Games won't load in gamepass. Yes, I have already manually shut it down, over and over again. Yes I have cleared local saved game data. It does this for an hour every time I turn it on. Even the...
  5. How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?: I am ashamed to say that all I do is put game discs into the slot and play. I have never investigated the apps, store, mixer(?), etc. So I saw an ad on youtube for Roku and a video showing an XB1...
  6. Minecraft (Bedrock on XB1) - World Corrupted (Need Help Fixing)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (Bedrock on XB1) - World Corrupted (Need Help Fixing): I've had this minecraft world that my friends and I have been playing on for the past several months with over 100 hours put into it. While trying to log into it today, the world picture was black...
  7. XB1 CONT. INFERIOR CABLE FOR PC??

in XBoX on Windows
    XB1 CONT. INFERIOR CABLE FOR PC??: hello people I recently spent 90 aud on an xb1 controller=cable for windows, but with one glaring flaw. The OG Xbox cable just wont work on my pc, 3rd party Samsung cable will???(its like the...
  8. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  9. xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels: xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels 7f696903-2bba-499d-9d6c-5fa4de07f4f5
  10. XB1 Wireless controller intermittently disconnects, lose sound and vibration

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Wireless controller intermittently disconnects, lose sound and vibration: I've had this problem for quite a while but it seems to be getting a lot worse for some reason. Weirdly, it only ever happens while playing online multiplayer, and not in a single player game....