XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

Discus and support XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My XB1 has been near-flawless since I got the Day One replacement. No major issues at all. Until, the February 15th update. Since then, my sound goes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yoset-744CAF53-3DCF-4C5B-A267-35B31410DB61, Feb 24, 2014.

1. XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

My XB1 has been near-flawless since I got the Day One replacement. No major issues at all.

Until, the February 15th update.

Since then, my sound goes out whenever I use the voice commands to change channels or when I use my DirecTV remote. The same happens when I use my Day One controller. The picture is crystal clear, but total silence. I first noticed this problem when I could
    not playback my DVR recordings without there being any sound.

I have made sure of the following:

- functional HDMI cables that connect the dish box to the XB1

- functional HDMI OUT cable that connects the XB1 to the set top box

- uncompressed settings in the "Display/Sound" menu, which has never been changed since I got the unit

Set Top Box: E3D470VX by Vizio

Provider: DirecTV

ISP: AT&T U-verse

:)

Yoset-744CAF53-3DCF-4C5B-A267-35B31410DB61, Feb 24, 2014
  2. frog_rosbif
    frog_rosbif Guest
    5.1 uncompressed no voice with Netflix

Hi I've got a Vizio 5.1 soundbar with arc hdmi I have my sat receiver connected by hdmi to the xbox one hdmi in....xb1 hdmi output to vizio soundbar hdmi in...vizio arc hdmi output to Sony hdmi arc input Xb1 audio set to 5.1 uncompressed Sound seems fine
    for everything but Netflix on xb1 With Netflix there is no voice at all unless I chose stereo in the app but I lose 5.1 I have tried bitstream but my tv pulls an error with dts....dolby didn't sound great for some reason Need help?

frog_rosbif, Feb 24, 2014
  3. EranMontiel
    EranMontiel Guest
    Audio settings help please!

I just bought a Vizio S3821w-c0 2.1 soundbar to replace my old and failing 5.1 system. This is how I have it wired:

Directv box to XB1 via HDMI > XB1 to TV via HDMI > TV to Soundbar via optical cable.

Since the soundbar supports Dolby Digital and DTS TruSurround, what are the optimal audio settings in the following XB1 menus?

Display & Sound > Hdmi audio >

(Bitstream or stereo uncompressed?)

Display & Sound > Bitstream format >

(Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround?)

TV & oneguide > audio & video > audio >

(Surround or Stereo?)

Right now I have it set with Bitstream, and Dolby Digital, and Surround, but I don't know if that's what's best. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EranMontiel, Feb 24, 2014
  4. El Daddy Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

I'm having lip sync issues as well. I just switched to Xfinity from DirecTV. There were no issues with my DTV box, but my Xfinity box has serious sync issues. The same Xfinity box on one of my other TV's has the same routing with the exception of the
    XB1 and no issues. I see no sync issues with Netflix, Amazon Instant, and gaming.

My audio settings are stereo. I tried Dolby 5.1 bitstream and it was much worse.

My routing is: Xfinity PR150BNM (Stereo) > HDMI > XB1 > HDMI > Vizio e601i-a3 > HDMI ARC > Vizio VHT215
  5. soniclooking Win User

Live TV delayed audio

I'm having the same issue. My Directv box is plugged into hdmi on the xbox one and then into Input 1 on my vizio tv. Then optical audio out my tv to a vizio sound bar. It is really annoying. I don't seem to notice it when I'm playing games or watching
    streaming movies. Only on the live tv function.

If there was a way to delay the video signal slightly it could match up. The adjustments on my TV are always delaying the audio which is already delayed.
  6. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  7. NINOBROWN5882 Win User

TV Signal Freezes

Same issue. I have a cox Atlanta scientific and a vizio tv. I switched to the hdmi that was included to run from the cable box to the XB1. Then cycled power to the XB1(hold for 5 secs), then unplugged and rebooted the cable box.

Problem fixed!!! Hope this helps. Took 2 mins to fix.
  8. MordifiedOne Win User

Tritton Trigger Sound issue question.

Yes I went out tonight and bought a Monster branded HDMI cable and got the same results. I also tried to use the orignal AV cable that came with my xbox and used the supplied audio connector for the headset and got the same half second delay with audio and
    video to the tv diffrent from the sound of the headset. Could this be a issue with my Vizio lcd tv?
Thema:

XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV)

1. XB1 Intermittent Audio Issue (Vizio TV) - Similar Threads - XB1 Intermittent Audio

2. Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1: Ive been trying to play some backwards compatible games on my xbox one from games downloaded from the xbox store but i cannot download any account onto my xbox. It will download about an inch and...
  3. XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue: I have plugged my XB1 up to a pc monitor via an HDMI cable. In order to get sound, I have to plug my headphones up to the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor. Ive tried plugging up to the...
  4. How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I limit download speed on the XB1?: How can I set a download speed limit on the XB1? When there's a download running it ties up my entire bandwidth. I'm left with the choice of no downloading or having everything else choked down to...
  5. XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?: So I decided to upgrade my Xbox one S internal drive from 500gb to 2TB... Reason 1 I can hear a slight clicking and will put money on it's the HDD. Reason 2 I have no space and wasted money on a...
  6. Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't: My wife and I each have our own Xbox One console. They are both connected via Wi-Fi to the same network. We use them simultaneously all the time. Now my Xbox One will not connect to Wi-Fi. I reset...
  7. Minecraft 1.16 beta for xb1 isn't reinstalling

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft 1.16 beta for xb1 isn't reinstalling: I quit the beta a few days ago so I could play with my friend who was off the beta, but when I try to reinstall it, it doesn't work. When I enroll in the beta, it brings me to the xbox store, and...
  8. Am i not able to stream uno on xb1?

in XboX Insiders
    Am i not able to stream uno on xb1?: I’ve been trying every once and a awhile to see if i could stream uno on twitch, and never works and says “this game doesn’t allow broadcasting” Is the game actually blocking broadcasting or is it...
  9. Can you buy xbox 360 games on an XB1 with microsoft store credit?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you buy xbox 360 games on an XB1 with microsoft store credit?: I was going to buy skate 3 with an XB1 store credit card and it did not let me. Any help? is it possible? 10845fb1-a669-4a25-9a47-7c362f2bbcd3
  10. XB1 Wireless controller intermittently disconnects, lose sound and vibration

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Wireless controller intermittently disconnects, lose sound and vibration: I've had this problem for quite a while but it seems to be getting a lot worse for some reason. Weirdly, it only ever happens while playing online multiplayer, and not in a single player game....