XB1 Mic working on and off

Discus and support XB1 Mic working on and off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After this last patch my mic in party chat has been working on and off. My friends can only hear parts of things I say, and sometimes not at all. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JPiLLa, Feb 19, 2014.

1. JPiLLa
    JPiLLa Guest

After this last patch my mic in party chat has been working on and off. My friends can only hear parts of things I say, and sometimes not at all. I have tested it by looking at the party snap and seeing the green circle come on when I am talking only sometimes.
    So I guess I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this or whether or not my mic is going bad. I really hate the new xbox one headset design and this party chat has been a huge disappointment in general.

:)

JPiLLa, Feb 19, 2014
  2. After Firmware update MIC not working on my ELITE pad. Still works on regular XB1 pad.

After Firmware update MIC not working on my ELITE pad. Still works on regular XB1 pad.

I can hear myself with the mic monitor and I can hear parties talk but they can not hear ME when I use my ELITE controller and a regular XB1 Mic (either launch mic or newer chat pad mic)

Now the launch XB1 Mic will work with my launch XB1 pad PERFECTLY.

THAT is why I think it was a software update on the EILTE pad. Anyway to roll it back or reinstall it? Frustrating!!!

HoptimusMax1mus, Feb 19, 2014
  3. IAFknight
    IAFknight Guest
    LF future group for Evolve, Destiny The Division 30+

i gonna play destiny on xb1 if youre interested add me and currently i dont have a mic but working on it

IAFknight, Feb 19, 2014
  4. Shadowramx
    Shadowramx Guest

Same thing happened to my friend. Turned out the headset was going bad. I'm not sure if the warranty on headsets is any shorter than the console's but you might want to start a claim.

While not a true solution for you, another option is to get the new headset adapter when it comes out so you can use whatever 3.5mm headset you own:

www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter

Shadowramx, Feb 20, 2014
  5. Shadowramx Win User

Same thing happened to my friend. Turned out the headset was going bad. I'm not sure if the warranty on headsets is any shorter than the console's but you might want to start a claim.

While not a true solution for you, another option is to get the new headset adapter when it comes out so you can use whatever 3.5mm headset you own:

www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  6. IAFknight Win User

LF future group for Evolve, Destiny The Division 30+

i gonna play destiny on xb1 if youre interested add me and currently i dont have a mic but working on it
  7. KingEdRock Win User

Xbox One Headset Included

So a couple questions I have is if you are in private chat or group chat with a headset/mic, do you give the XB1 commands through the headset/mic or via the Kinect mic? Also, if you are in private chat or group chat via the Kinect mic, can you still give
    commands to the XB1 through the Kinect mic?
  8. MaddenMan-B65362C6-3 Win User

Star Wars Battlefront

Looking for some XB1 ppl that have a working headset/mic to do the Co-Op modes with (such as Survival etc) for the achievements. Add MaddenMan along with a short message please.
  9. demonj00 Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

I have the xb1 stereo headset. Mic doesn't work and game audio is glitchy at times. My controller froze up in Titanfall once while using the adapter also.
Thema:

1. XB1 Mic working on and off - Similar Threads - XB1 Mic working

2. Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...: I used to play Forza Horizon 4 on XB1. Recently i've bought a gaming laptop, the Asus ROG G531GU. Forza works on both PC and XB1, so I installed Forza on my laptop. Once done, the game started and...
  3. Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller: I have recently bought a new xbox one controller and I am experiencing a lot of static through my headphones and headphone adapter, I have tried everything from unplugging the headphones, changing...
  4. Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.: Games won't load in gamepass. Yes, I have already manually shut it down, over and over again. Yes I have cleared local saved game data. It does this for an hour every time I turn it on. Even the...
  5. How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?: I am ashamed to say that all I do is put game discs into the slot and play. I have never investigated the apps, store, mixer(?), etc. So I saw an ad on youtube for Roku and a video showing an XB1...
  6. XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out: Hi, I have been using my Stereo headset for 2 months bow and i have found its started to drop sound and mics after about 5 mins of use. The sound breaks in and out and then just cuts off. I can...
  7. After Firmware update MIC not working on my ELITE pad. Still works on regular XB1 pad.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After Firmware update MIC not working on my ELITE pad. Still works on regular XB1 pad.: After Firmware update MIC not working on my ELITE pad. Still works on regular XB1 pad. I can hear myself with the mic monitor and I can hear parties talk but they can not hear ME when I use my...
  8. Xb1 mic problem - suddenly stopped working - no one can hear me and I can't hear them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xb1 mic problem - suddenly stopped working - no one can hear me and I can't hear them: I bought my son an XB1 for Christmas and it seems quite unreliable compared to his 360. Today the headset has stopped working for no apparent reason. It was fine last night. my son, who is 14 and...
  9. Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets: Has anyone heard any news about this. Saw that some erlier in this thread had spoken to xbox/Microsoft and according to them it was to be implemented soon 3cc844c8-a458-4d5d-8c0f-a35fdf74b2a0
  10. What be the best XB1 aproved surround mic headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What be the best XB1 aproved surround mic headset?: I need something so my room mate don't here what I playing on my TV. 8528c7c4-85dd-402a-bc0c-adbfa52d0120