XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Discus and support XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014.

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1 and finding out I couldn't have surround sound passing through, I connected the Hopper to the Onkyo receiver
    directly via HDMI. No problems with video or audio there. If I switch from Cab/Sat input to Game/TV input so XB1 can be used, the TV tells me that there is no signal available. Audio is present, however. I have to go back into the AVR settings and screw
    with the inputs, power cycle everything and then the XB1 will come back on. so long as it is the first component activated. If the Dish input is activated first, then again the XB1 input displays no video. Wondering where my problem is coming from since
    I never have had an issue like this previously. Thanks to all you guys that are plenty smarter than me!

:)

Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014
  2. Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.

Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD84-4126-B014-662264F282C9, Jun 18, 2014
  3. HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1

BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B-4CED-B8F3-54A08C7AEB15, Jun 18, 2014
  4. BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B Win User

HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1
  5. Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.
  6. zootfoobrian Win User

Surround Sound Problems with Xbox One

Hey there, he said it over the phone. Something about the audio not being read on the HDMI by the Xbox One. Which..i don't think is true...otherwise...why have that functionality?

1. It's Dish Network, not Directv...and it's model is just Dish Network Hopper

2. Cable Box hdmi to xbox one. Xbox one HDMI to TV. Xbox One Optical Audio To AVR

3. Sony SKR-840P

4. 5.1

Thanks!
  7. Krimson Arrow Win User

Recommended TV Settings

Panasonic 55" plasma, dish network hopper, and Sony STRDH520 receiver
  8. Customgamer18 Win User

Dish Network compatibility?

I also have my dish network hopper hooked up to it with no issues. Of course it doesn't support the dvr like any set top box. I use it because its fun to have the same input for gaming and TV.
Thema:

XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem - Similar Threads - XB1 Onkyo AVR

2. Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1: Ive been trying to play some backwards compatible games on my xbox one from games downloaded from the xbox store but i cannot download any account onto my xbox. It will download about an inch and...
  3. XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue: I have plugged my XB1 up to a pc monitor via an HDMI cable. In order to get sound, I have to plug my headphones up to the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor. Ive tried plugging up to the...
  4. How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I limit download speed on the XB1?: How can I set a download speed limit on the XB1? When there's a download running it ties up my entire bandwidth. I'm left with the choice of no downloading or having everything else choked down to...
  5. XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?: So I decided to upgrade my Xbox one S internal drive from 500gb to 2TB... Reason 1 I can hear a slight clicking and will put money on it's the HDD. Reason 2 I have no space and wasted money on a...
  6. Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't: My wife and I each have our own Xbox One console. They are both connected via Wi-Fi to the same network. We use them simultaneously all the time. Now my Xbox One will not connect to Wi-Fi. I reset...
  7. Minecraft 1.16 beta for xb1 isn't reinstalling

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft 1.16 beta for xb1 isn't reinstalling: I quit the beta a few days ago so I could play with my friend who was off the beta, but when I try to reinstall it, it doesn't work. When I enroll in the beta, it brings me to the xbox store, and...
  8. Am i not able to stream uno on xb1?

in XboX Insiders
    Am i not able to stream uno on xb1?: I’ve been trying every once and a awhile to see if i could stream uno on twitch, and never works and says “this game doesn’t allow broadcasting” Is the game actually blocking broadcasting or is it...
  9. Can you buy xbox 360 games on an XB1 with microsoft store credit?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you buy xbox 360 games on an XB1 with microsoft store credit?: I was going to buy skate 3 with an XB1 store credit card and it did not let me. Any help? is it possible? 10845fb1-a669-4a25-9a47-7c362f2bbcd3
  10. Playing differant games on 360 and xb1 on the same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing differant games on 360 and xb1 on the same account: I play apex legends on the xbox 1 but my son wants to start playing on his xbox360 on minecraft with his friends can we do this at the same time fc1b01ed-0a2d-4cc5-8dd6-23adcac7373a