XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Discus and support XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014.

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1 and finding out I couldn't have surround sound passing through, I connected the Hopper to the Onkyo receiver
    directly via HDMI. No problems with video or audio there. If I switch from Cab/Sat input to Game/TV input so XB1 can be used, the TV tells me that there is no signal available. Audio is present, however. I have to go back into the AVR settings and screw
    with the inputs, power cycle everything and then the XB1 will come back on. so long as it is the first component activated. If the Dish input is activated first, then again the XB1 input displays no video. Wondering where my problem is coming from since
    I never have had an issue like this previously. Thanks to all you guys that are plenty smarter than me!

:)

Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014
  2. Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.

Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD84-4126-B014-662264F282C9, Jun 18, 2014
  3. HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1

BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B-4CED-B8F3-54A08C7AEB15, Jun 18, 2014
  4. BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B Win User

HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1
  5. Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.
  6. zootfoobrian Win User

Surround Sound Problems with Xbox One

Hey there, he said it over the phone. Something about the audio not being read on the HDMI by the Xbox One. Which..i don't think is true...otherwise...why have that functionality?

1. It's Dish Network, not Directv...and it's model is just Dish Network Hopper

2. Cable Box hdmi to xbox one. Xbox one HDMI to TV. Xbox One Optical Audio To AVR

3. Sony SKR-840P

4. 5.1

Thanks!
  7. Krimson Arrow Win User

Recommended TV Settings

Panasonic 55" plasma, dish network hopper, and Sony STRDH520 receiver
  8. Customgamer18 Win User

Dish Network compatibility?

I also have my dish network hopper hooked up to it with no issues. Of course it doesn't support the dvr like any set top box. I use it because its fun to have the same input for gaming and TV.
Thema:

XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem - Similar Threads - XB1 Onkyo AVR

2. Fortnite SE XB1 Controller Code Redemption Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite SE XB1 Controller Code Redemption Issues: Hello all, I purchased the Fortnite Edition XB1 controller recently and it has 500 VBux and the Dark Vertex Outfit as a bonus. The issue is that I'm a Fortnite player through Epic Games and its...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 synchronization problems. Both save games on XB1 and PC are gone now. Cant...: I used to play Forza Horizon 4 on XB1. Recently i've bought a gaming laptop, the Asus ROG G531GU. Forza works on both PC and XB1, so I installed Forza on my laptop. Once done, the game started and...
  4. Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant static from headphones on new xb1 controller: I have recently bought a new xbox one controller and I am experiencing a lot of static through my headphones and headphone adapter, I have tried everything from unplugging the headphones, changing...
  5. Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.: Games won't load in gamepass. Yes, I have already manually shut it down, over and over again. Yes I have cleared local saved game data. It does this for an hour every time I turn it on. Even the...
  6. How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use XB1 as a WiFi streaming device for Amazon Prime TV?: I am ashamed to say that all I do is put game discs into the slot and play. I have never investigated the apps, store, mixer(?), etc. So I saw an ad on youtube for Roku and a video showing an XB1...
  7. Minecraft (Bedrock on XB1) - World Corrupted (Need Help Fixing)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (Bedrock on XB1) - World Corrupted (Need Help Fixing): I've had this minecraft world that my friends and I have been playing on for the past several months with over 100 hours put into it. While trying to log into it today, the world picture was black...
  8. XB1 CONT. INFERIOR CABLE FOR PC??

in XBoX on Windows
    XB1 CONT. INFERIOR CABLE FOR PC??: hello people I recently spent 90 aud on an xb1 controller=cable for windows, but with one glaring flaw. The OG Xbox cable just wont work on my pc, 3rd party Samsung cable will???(its like the...
  9. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  10. xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels: xb1 s can't connect to 2.4ghz wifi channels 7f696903-2bba-499d-9d6c-5fa4de07f4f5