XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue

Discus and support XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have plugged my XB1 up to a pc monitor via an HDMI cable. In order to get sound, I have to plug my headphones up to the 3.5mm jack on the back of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CaptPlunger86, Jul 3, 2020.

1. XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue

I have plugged my XB1 up to a pc monitor via an HDMI cable. In order to get sound, I have to plug my headphones up to the 3.5mm jack on the back of the monitor. Ive tried plugging up to the controller instead but i got no sound. I would like the sound
    of the xb1 to come through the headphones but also have the ability to use the mic aswell. How do i go about this??

:)

CaptPlunger86, Jul 3, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. GC328 Win User

HDMI - I get picture but NO SOUND!

I suspect the hdmi input of the PC monitor don't support sound. What is the make/model of your PC monitor?
  3. DevinAL Win User

Xbox 360 HDMI to PC Monitor Audio Issues

And yes, the monitor does have speakers. The PC monitor I have switches between "PC Mode" and "HDMI-in" mode. Video works, but no sound.
  4. shaunk3 Win User

My Xbox won’t do anything, TV doesn’t have any feed from it.

Hi Tim,

I have the same issue!

but mine works on a pc monitor???

Black screen on tv, can still hear the sound

any help would REALLY be appreciated.
  5. The Omega m4n Win User

C'mon really,720p again for battlefield 1?

I have this on the PC, with a 970 and i I core 7, so i have played it on ultra, and i find the XB1 version just the same as the PC, i really do not notice any issues with these muddies as you call it, even when you drop the PC down to 720p it stll looks
    fantastic on the PC.

What are you playing this on, might be your monitor or Tv that is causing those muddies.
  6. Randver Win User

Xbox One to PC

I think the OP's intention was to hook a PC and One to a single monitor possibly using the PC's sound setup too. That is the only explanation I can see to wanting to plug the One into a PC.

Why you would do that is another question. I'm assuming its a cost saving issue because plugging a next gen console into a monitor that's so old it doesn't have HDMI support kind of defeats the purpose.
Thema:

XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue

1. XB1 to PC Monitor Sound Issue - Similar Threads - XB1 Monitor Sound

2. problems with left joystick (Xb1)

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems with left joystick (Xb1): recently bought a controller from my local gamestop and there seems to be a problem with the left joystick. for starters pressing down on it jams it periodically and when I use it to move...
  3. How to play resident evil games I own on 360 on xb1 without having to buy again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play resident evil games I own on 360 on xb1 without having to buy again?: I own all resident evil titles on 360 and want to play on xb1.I don't own a 360 anymore..It would be ridiculous to buy the games for the 3rd time as i also own on ps4. I notice there aren't any...
  4. xb1 pro wired controller by fusion

in XBoX on Windows
    xb1 pro wired controller by fusion: my pro wired fusion controller firmware doesnot seem to work paddles are not detected in game (elite dangerous) neither on steam i have dl the "Fusion_Pro_Update_v1.24_PC" it runs ok but steam...
  5. Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download accounts on Xbox 360 via backwards compat on XB1: Ive been trying to play some backwards compatible games on my xbox one from games downloaded from the xbox store but i cannot download any account onto my xbox. It will download about an inch and...
  6. How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I limit download speed on the XB1?: How can I set a download speed limit on the XB1? When there's a download running it ties up my entire bandwidth. I'm left with the choice of no downloading or having everything else choked down to...
  7. XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1-S HDD started clicking had a spare 2TB to put in OS/Firmware reinstall?: So I decided to upgrade my Xbox one S internal drive from 500gb to 2TB... Reason 1 I can hear a slight clicking and will put money on it's the HDD. Reason 2 I have no space and wasted money on a...
  8. Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't: My wife and I each have our own Xbox One console. They are both connected via Wi-Fi to the same network. We use them simultaneously all the time. Now my Xbox One will not connect to Wi-Fi. I reset...
  9. Migrating my sons XB1 to his desk, should I go 27 " 1080p monitor and adding speakers or 28 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrating my sons XB1 to his desk, should I go 27 " 1080p monitor and adding speakers or 28 ...: I already moved mine to an HP 1080p display, but had to buy a digital audio capable speaker set to get the sound from the XB1 to play. Looking for suggestions from folks that might have done...
  10. Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets: Has anyone heard any news about this. Saw that some erlier in this thread had spoken to xbox/Microsoft and according to them it was to be implemented soon 3cc844c8-a458-4d5d-8c0f-a35fdf74b2a0