xb1x wireless problems S T I L L

Discus and support xb1x wireless problems S T I L L in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i've encountered this problem so many times, ive done so much to fix this and i even sent in my xbox to get repaired - fallout 76 white edition- and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by michaelbundesen, Apr 30, 2019.

1. xb1x wireless problems S T I L L

i've encountered this problem so many times, ive done so much to fix this and i even sent in my xbox to get repaired - fallout 76 white edition- and i still can't connect to wifi solid for more then 20 minutes. Playing campaign games is whatever but i also
    dont pay for yearly live for me not to use it. This has become a huge issue since i cant play the divison 2 anymore because its all online. now im basically out 60 dollars for a game i can only play for random amount of times before having to restart my xbox.

Can someone actually tell me a fix or refund me the 500 and take your piece of [Mod Removed- Inappropriate] back, i also cant go wired because that would force me to drill into walls and ceilings for only 1 console when everythinnnnnnngggggg
    else never disconnects.... p.s. not a wifi problem since my orig xbox i still have never disconnects....

thanks for nothing in advance since this has been going on since i got the xbox and this is now the 2nd one, seems you guys don't give a flying
    [Mod Removed- Inappropriate] about your customers.

:)

michaelbundesen, Apr 30, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

I totally get your frustrations....

I have had similar issues with my x. However I DID solve them. Here's what I had to do.

1st I tried wired connection. I know that's apparently not feasible for you, but you can buy devices.which use your home electrical wiring and doesn't involve drilling. Just plus into outlet, uses an Ethernet connection at your console, and a similar device
    at router end.

This helped a fair bit, but still had issues in certain circumstances so..

Next is port forwarding, and this has completely resolved my issue.

Go to portforward.com

Here you will find specific instructions for opening the correct ports for Xbox, and any software you use, tailored to your specific network router or hub. Give it a try, and if you have any issues, but me up and I can try and help you further as there is
    nothing worse than this kind of problem, I was going mental for about a week trying to sort it
  3. michaelbundesen Win User

Already stated why i couldn't, don't give useless suggestions if you can't
    [Mod Removed- Inappropriate]
    read.

you would think if i could already use cable i would [Mod Removed- Inappropriate].
  4. michaelbundesen Win User

alright, so yeah i still disconnect after all of that. i'll just use 2.4 ghz which has massive lags but doesn't disconnect, i'll just use my ps4 for streaming services, it is what it is.

i just don't get why i can't connect to 5ghz, i get distance can be a problem but my ps4 is against the wall farther away from the router and never disconnects, also the orginal one doesn't disconnect in that spot. it's legit the xbox 1x
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey michaelbundesen

Thank you so much for giving us a thoroughgoing description of the things you have tried.

I know you said that you changed your NAT type from coned, but how exactly did you do that? did you use the

network ports for Xbox Live
    to do this?

If you haven't already, I would recommend some port forwarding and see if that does the trick. Since you already have a static IP address, all you need to do is establish a static one on your pc and then sign into your router to open up those additional
    ports.

Additionally I would add that you cannot run UPnP and port forwarding at the same time, so you would have to turn that off in you setting in order to get this up and running. I would refer you to your router manual in order to find this setting as different
    routers tend to have different GUI

I would also have you try using the Google DNS and see if are able to alleviate this before you go into your router. The Google DNS you will use as primary will be 8.8.8.8 and the secondary one will be 8.8.4.4

Go ahead and give this a try and please keep us updated
  6. michaelbundesen Win User

sorry just getting fed up been doing it since 2 weeks after i purchased it. Now lets see what i've done so far lmao.

1. i've changed Nat type from coned - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xbox_One_X/comments/8nz661/permanent_fix_to_xbox_one_x_disconnecting_from/ - worked for 2 hours or so then i disconnected.

2.refreshed nat type as per xbox test multiplayer page

3. i made my ip static - still disconnect

4. ive tried my 2.4ghz wifi, i experience a decent amount of lags at first then after some time i disconnected

5. tried moving xbox closer to see if interference with wifi but i still disconnect.

6. i checked to see if i was signed into any xbox apps which i wasn't

7. replaced xfinity router with netgear nighthawk xr500- still disconnect

8. i restart my xbox - regarding this it never fully shuts down before i turn it back on, its like a flash off but it comes back on with wifi. it keeps me signed into my profile and still has my game running, the past 3 hours though ive been getting dropped
    from my profile completely. When testing connection it tells me im still connected to wifi but tells me to connect to wifi on the main page.

9. replaced entire xbox with new one.

i never seem to disconnect when sitting on the home page, and when using netflix or something of the sort i never have intense buffering. Not sure if i ever disconnect when using those services since i never notice.

Also a side not if you didn't see it, i have the original Xbox one that i use when i get too frustrated with the 1x. That being said i never disconnect when using that one i just unplug the 1x and plug in the one in the same exact spot. starting to think
    im just getting dropped from xbox live
Thema:

1. xb1x wireless problems S T I L L - Similar Threads - xb1x wireless problems

2. XB1X Recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X Recordings: I have my recordings/ captures set to 1 min recordings, but it tends to record in segments of 4-10 seconds instead. Why in the hell does it keep on making only 4-10second recordings?? Sometimes...
  3. Tell NIS America to release their games on Xbox One with XB1X Enhanced

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tell NIS America to release their games on Xbox One with XB1X Enhanced: Why NIS America doesn’t release many games on Xbox One. Most Xbox One anime games are Naruto/DBZ but I don’t like and obsessed with these games. I like Touhou and NIS does make Touhou games but...
  4. Witcher 2 save thumbnail glitch on XB1X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 save thumbnail glitch on XB1X: i have the original dvd version of the Witcher 2 EE. i installed it on my recently purchased xbox one x. I noticed a small glitch which although doesn't affect the game it still concerns me....
  5. Cancelling Update on XB1X Uninstalls Game Completely?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelling Update on XB1X Uninstalls Game Completely?!: Hey there, I've just recently come across an issue with cancelling game updates in my games and apps. I had RDR2 and Battlefront 2 updates ready to install. When I set them to install after...
  6. Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't XB1X output Atmos to AV Reciever with Atmos USB headset attached: Split from this thread. I have the same question. Why do i have to manually change the headset audio to stereo to get the any sort of surround audio output to my receiver. I would be happy...
  7. XB1X no longer displays above 720p on 4k tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X no longer displays above 720p on 4k tv: hello everyone, I encountered a strange yet potentially unsolvable issue with my Scorpio edition XB1X. I primarilay have my XB1X connected to a 55" Vizio 4k UHD tv and everything is great....
  8. Blu Ray player app will not install on XB1X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray player app will not install on XB1X: Repeatedly getting the "installation stopped" error when trying to update the Blu Ray player app. Begins to download, stops, and gives me the notification that the installation has stopped. I've...
  9. Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is The Division frequently laggy on XB1X?: Starting a week or so ago, The Division will randomly slow way down and the graphics become very stuttery. The only fix is a hard reset - which I don't want to do several times per day. Also,...
  10. XB1X Storage issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1X Storage issues: Hi, I have the Xbox One X. I currently have a Microsoft licensed Seagate 4TB External HDD. Last Saturday I turned on my Xbox and went to "My Games and Apps". I noticed it said I had 61 titles...