Xbox 1 DVD drive.

Discus and support Xbox 1 DVD drive. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any update planned to allow the DVD drive on Xbox 1 play MP3 files? 39c5e0cd-eb4d-4a24-b384-dc446541b07c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JPark2, Feb 23, 2021.

1. JPark2
    JPark2 Guest

Xbox 1 DVD drive.

Is there any update planned to allow the DVD drive on Xbox 1 play MP3 files?

:)

JPark2, Feb 23, 2021
  2. smileskybird Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

I still think Xbox 1 is a better DVD player than my Xbox 360 slim 250gb console. When I play any DVD on my 360, even if it has one tiny finger print smudge on the disc, the Dashboard will bring up a notification bubble "attempting to read media". On Xbox
    1, it can have several finger smudges on the disc and the Xbox 1's disc drive will still be able to play and read it. I must be one of the lucky ones with a good disc drive and have had Xbox 1 since Day 1 (Day 1 edition) ;D
  3. Syriel Win User

Finding out when a console was banned?

Two quick points, in case others were thinking of doing the same thing:

1) Just swapping DVD drives between Xbox 360 systems won't work.

2) Swapping DVD drives can trigger the security system so that Live will see your system as modded and automatically issue a ban.
  4. Theory of Game Win User

again, Please give us HD DVD support for use on Xbox one

You would need an external drive to play HD-DVDs, as the Blu-Ray drive in the Xbox One cannot possibly read the HD-DVD format. Since HD-DVDs are no longer being made, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that HD-DVD support will be added to the Xbox One.
  5. Nyic Win User

Applying update issue

I would rather fix my xbox 360 on my own, than send it to Micro$oft and receive somebodies refurbished POS RROD console that will probably end up dieing again in a couple months time.

1. Customer Buys Xbox

2. DVD Drive Dies, RROD - Finds out no more warranty

3. Sends into microsoft, pay $100

3. Receive POS refurbished Xbox - 2 months later DVD Drive, RROD

4. Sends into micro$oft, pay $100

5. Receive Another POS refurbished Xbox - 1 month later RROD

6. Sends into micro$oft, pay $100

7. Rinse and Repeat.

Me.

1. Buy Xbox

2. Year and 10 months later, DVD Drive Dies

3. Looks around the interwebs, finds out Xbox will fix console for $100.

4. Realizes I can replace DVD Drive for myself, Only costing me a whopping $30

5. Console Fix, Certified Boss.

6. MS u kno get my money, comprende?
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Where is XB1 Going?

Hello "TravMurda" :)

The reason that we have to install Xbox One disc games into our HDDs is because it will reduce the stress / workload of the DVD Drive.

If the disc were to continously spin the entire time that you're playing a game, it would eventually damage the DVD Drive (which happend a lot with the Original Xbox and Xbox 360).

This way (installing game to you HDD) extends the life span of the Xbox One's DVD Drive by at least twice as long the Xbox 360s DVD Drive :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
Thema:

Xbox 1 DVD drive.

1. Xbox 1 DVD drive. - Similar Threads - DVD drive

2. Hardware fix for motherboard and DVD drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware fix for motherboard and DVD drive: My Xbox one is out of warranty. My CD/DVD drive would not open. So, I got a new one. Installed it. But found out my son threw out the green computer board attached to the drive. Now I can't use my...
  3. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading: Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this...
  4. Recognition from DVD RW Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recognition from DVD RW Drive: How do I get my DVD RW Drive to recognize a xbox 1 cd. My PC is updated and the computer said the DVD RW Drive works fine. The xbox1 game title didn't even show. d724a8d2-f65f-4a96-9a85-d1f7ded9349f
  5. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0
  6. My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive: Hi, My Xbox 360 ne longer recognizes my DVD drive. When I insert a disc. a multilingual message pops up saying the drive is not recognized. It used to work. I have a number of DVD games loaded...
  7. SCARFACE NOT working on Xboxes with Philips dvd drive !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SCARFACE NOT working on Xboxes with Philips dvd drive !: Hi, I must inform Microsoft about this serious problem of incompatibility between game Scarface(2006) and og Xboxes(2004)(with Philips Dvd drive) Game was brand new and my consoles perfectly...
  8. Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?: just pulled mine out of a cupboard and tried to get it to work with an Xbox 360 slim running latest update and can’t seem to get the Xbox to recognise the external drive? Do they still support...
  9. HD DVD Drive - Will it ever work for XBONE S or X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HD DVD Drive - Will it ever work for XBONE S or X?: I plan on purchasing the Xbox One X when available later this year. I already have an Xbox One S in my living room, the original Xbox One in my bedroom, and my older Xbox 360 with HD DVD player in...
  10. Installing without working DVD drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing without working DVD drive: I'm buying at half the usual price of a fully funtioning used console, an XBox One console which according to the professional computer retailer on eBay, will not read game discs. (I have owned a...