xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for?

Discus and support xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? trying to connect to internet b5f6740f-1ac2-4488-a8d4-423dc596403e Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by McSwain692, Dec 13, 2016.

1. McSwain692
    McSwain692 Guest

trying to connect to internet

:)

McSwain692, Dec 13, 2016
  2. Dualmags007
    Dualmags007 Guest
    Bell Aliant: changing IPv4 to IPv6

Bell Aliant (ISPs): changing IPv4 to IPv6
    How to change my xbox one from IPv4 to IPv6. My internet provider has IPv6, however my xbox one does not see it. IPv6 is enabled on our side....What am I missing??

Dualmags007, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Netgear Netgear 6200: How do you change the IPv4 to IPv6

Netgear (Modems/Gateways) Netgear 6200: How do you change the IPv4 to IPv6
    how do go changing the IPv4 setting to IPv6 as recommended by Xbox 1 ? The router is a R6050

CeasingJaguar73, Dec 13, 2016
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Ethernet port

Hello, ive only got an IPV4 address on my xbox.

can i get an IPV6 as well?
    My Xbox is using only IPv4. What should I do to add IPv6?

Several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router.

My router has IPv6 enabled, but my Xbox is connected on IPv4. What else can I do?

Try contacting your ISP to see if IPv6 is available in your area.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
  6. BLACKADDER01 Win User

Ethernet port

Hello, ive only got an IPV4 address on my xbox.

can i get an IPV6 as well?
  7. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Hi Mister Beep,

what do you mean with:

"but it should work if your public IPv6 network is internally handing out IPv4."

If I have IPv6 my internal Network will not have IPv4? So it will not work if my xbox one gets an IPv6 IP Adress also internally?
  8. RyanChiasson1 Win User

Xbox One X dropping IPv6 Connection.

Do you know if you ISP supports IPv6? Your router could be tunneling your IPv4 connection to an IPv6 which basically means it is sending IPv6 packets through an IPv4 connection to communicate with IPv6 servers. I found out myself the xbox doesn't
    like this at all. My ISP doesnt support IPv6. When I would look at my connection on my xbox it would say IPv4 and IPv6. So O went into my router settings and sure enough my router was set to tunnel IPv4 to IPv6. I went through set to IPv4 only and it solved
    my problem. This causes a teredo error in your xbox.
    I'm not sure. How can I check if my router is tunneling it through Ipv4?
Thema:

1. xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? - Similar Threads - got IPv4 IPv6

2. Failed UPDATE bricked my Xbox, and I got it back somehow

in XboX Insiders
    Failed UPDATE bricked my Xbox, and I got it back somehow: So the title says it all. Support and I covered all bases. Reset/OSU3+2+1. Nothing would get passed the E201. But! 2 weeks later I decided to give OSU1 another download and try. Same USB stick....
  3. : I've got an 80151906 error code on my Xbox 360 and can't connect to Xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : I've got an 80151906 error code on my Xbox 360 and can't connect to Xbox live: : I've got an 80151906 error code on my Xbox 360 and can't connect to Xbox live Hello LeloiKnowles, Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting to Xbox...
  4. I got banned because I tried to help new players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got banned because I tried to help new players: I cannot play online, or even use Destiny 2, because of a false ban/misunderstanding. I put up an lfg saying "Free raid help" , so I could help some newer players grab some free loot....
  5. Account got deleted and I lost my game pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account got deleted and I lost my game pass subscription: So I was encountering some issues with a copy of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection my mother bought for an early birthday gift, this doesn't have much bearing on my issue but I thought I'd...
  6. I bought a some games without the gamepass and then i got the gamepass a few weeks later...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a some games without the gamepass and then i got the gamepass a few weeks later...: they were on the gamepass but i dint get them off the gamepass i bought them . It says i need to get the gamepass or buy the game again. de175829-da6e-4ceb-862c-410625fe5b8e
  7. Xbox one S Bricked because i got insider build without being enrolled

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S Bricked because i got insider build without being enrolled: my hard drive failed so it got the the troubleshooting section and i can't update or do a factory reset so i got a xbox with insider when i never asked for it and now i can't use it and i need...
  8. My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please: My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please 555a6b07-355e-477e-94e9-a0e4dd08d22d
  9. I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back?

I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back?: I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back? Ever since I had played on my Xbox we had ipv6 loaded up on it and I never lost connection. Now I am losing connection every 30...
  10. Verizon: I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one

Verizon: I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one: Verizon (Hotspots): I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one it say service info are unavailable 76f48e30-11f2-48c6-a695-b6ab8dedc35a