xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for?

Discus and support xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? trying to connect to internet b5f6740f-1ac2-4488-a8d4-423dc596403e Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by McSwain692, Dec 13, 2016.

1. McSwain692
    McSwain692 Guest

trying to connect to internet

:)

McSwain692, Dec 13, 2016
  2. Dualmags007
    Dualmags007 Guest
    Bell Aliant: changing IPv4 to IPv6

Bell Aliant (ISPs): changing IPv4 to IPv6
    How to change my xbox one from IPv4 to IPv6. My internet provider has IPv6, however my xbox one does not see it. IPv6 is enabled on our side....What am I missing??

Dualmags007, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Netgear Netgear 6200: How do you change the IPv4 to IPv6

Netgear (Modems/Gateways) Netgear 6200: How do you change the IPv4 to IPv6
    how do go changing the IPv4 setting to IPv6 as recommended by Xbox 1 ? The router is a R6050

CeasingJaguar73, Dec 13, 2016
  4. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
  5. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Hi Mister Beep,

what do you mean with:

"but it should work if your public IPv6 network is internally handing out IPv4."

If I have IPv6 my internal Network will not have IPv4? So it will not work if my xbox one gets an IPv6 IP Adress also internally?
  6. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

100% Packet Loss

The Problem could be: Do you have IPv6 AND IPv4 on your router? If yes try to disable IPv6 and restart your router so you only have IPv4. XBOX has some Problems with IPv6 at the moment :(
  7. Spazpol Win User

: Xbox1

Does xbox1 stil run on ipv4 or do you have to be on ipv6
    It xbox one supports ipv6 nativity. It can support ipv4. It is really up to carrier if you are able to get an ipv6 connection.
  8. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

No IPv6 since update

what you mean exactly?

The Gateway of my xbox always was IPv4 but the DNS was IPv6. The internal IP of xbox was always also IPv4 and not v6. So I need to use DHCPv6 for xbox one?
Thema:

1. xbox 1 got IPv4 what this IPv6 for? - Similar Threads - got IPv4 IPv6

2. I got reported with out cause

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got reported with out cause: I was play with my friends on rainbowsx siege and i tried to meesage a friend to invit to a party and it said i couldn't 10 minutes later i got a message frome xbox saying i've been suspended for...
  3. Haven't got my 6 months of "Spotify Premium"

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Haven't got my 6 months of "Spotify Premium": Been 11 days, still no email or anything about my free 6 months of premium spotify. dbb6e190-73b4-4c4a-a058-a7bae4b0fc28
  4. Got suspended for an Undisclosed reason for 24 hours

in XBoX Accessibility
    Got suspended for an Undisclosed reason for 24 hours: So after paying for a Live gold account and Xbox one a game ea access I got suspended for an undisclosed reasons to my knowledge and research I have done nothing wrong when I called and spoke to...
  5. Got. Suspended from Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got. Suspended from Xbox live: I need it lifted from my account c2089f5b-3f7d-495c-8f01-bd8fec6b0bd9
  6. Got suspended for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got suspended for no reason: I got suspended for no reason all bc of other peoples stuff i was not in the conversation therefore would like to be unsuspended the gamertag is BothDoughnut793 469b9a5b-0efa-4ef2-9762-df2e103eb779
  7. randomly got a communication ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    randomly got a communication ban: so i have not been able to pay for internet for a week an a half an i jus sent some casual greeting messages to some friends like hello how are you an nothing at all bad or inappropriate an then i...
  8. Got banned for doing nothing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Got banned for doing nothing: I got banned last night for 2 weeks no talking or texting i actually was playing borderlands and all of sudden a 2 week banned shows up i already submitted a review you all need to uplift my...
  9. I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back?: I had ipv6 and it got switched to ipv4 how do i get ipv6 back? Ever since I had played on my Xbox we had ipv6 loaded up on it and I never lost connection. Now I am losing connection every 30...
  10. Verizon: I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one: Verizon (Hotspots): I got a IPv4 problem on my Xbox one it say service info are unavailable 76f48e30-11f2-48c6-a695-b6ab8dedc35a