Xbox 1 network works on wireless but not wired setup

Discus and support Xbox 1 network works on wireless but not wired setup in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox 1 network works on wireless but not wired setup Not a problem, the best place to check is Microsoft Device Support page. They'll provide quotes... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AirSapper, Aug 27, 2019.

1. AirSapper
    AirSapper Guest

Not a problem, the best place to check is
    Microsoft Device Support page.
    They'll provide quotes to repair/replace if it's out of warranty, and if it's in warranty, you can simply start that process form there. I've had to send a 360 or two through that process and have not had an issue, and the
    rates are not bad out of warranty. I've been lucky enough to not have any issues for the Xbox One.

Best of luck!

:)

AirSapper, Aug 27, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

The Network Troubleshooting steps might help. But for some more information to see if it's something else, has it connected wired fine
    previously? What kinda setup do you have, if it's plugged into a router or modem directly? I would test each step, you've started with the cable, which is good and where I would have started. I would also recommend trying a different port on the router/modem
    and see if that connects. Also checking the router itself, if there are rules set up to whitelist/blacklist certain devices? See if bypassing a router allows you to connect wired?

I'd also recommend trying to clear out the Alternate MAC address in Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear and then restart by pressing the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds.

Let us know and we can troubleshoot further with some more information!
  3. AirSapper Win User

Okay I have done all the suggestions, looks like the culprit is the Xbox Ethernet plug. I was able to take my Xbox into my sons room and plug it into his Ethernet network cable, still would not connect. I took his Xbox and plugged it into my Ethernet network
    cable in the living room and his Xbox worked just fine off my cable. So to me this rules out any modem issue or modem issue.

Looks like I will be trying to see what the cost to repair my Xbox or replace it. Thanks for the quick responses.
  4. choppyseize Win User

You may want to try clearing the MAC address. To do that just go to your network settings, click advanced network settings, alternate MAC address, select clear, then reset. Your console will restart at that point.
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

6. PalmettoBling Win User

Not a problem, the best place to check is
    Microsoft Device Support page.
    They'll provide quotes to repair/replace if it's out of warranty, and if it's in warranty, you can simply start that process form there. I've had to send a 360 or two through that process and have not had an issue, and the
    rates are not bad out of warranty. I've been lucky enough to not have any issues for the Xbox One.

Best of luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 network works on wireless but not wired setup - Similar Threads - network works wireless

2. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: My wireless network will just not work.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: My wireless network will just not work.: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: My wireless network will just not work. I keep trying and trying but it just will not work and I am s tartine rage a little....
  3. My wireless network won’t work I don’t know why it won’t work so this is why I’m ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My wireless network won’t work I don’t know why it won’t work so this is why I’m ...: My wireless network won’t work I don’t know why it won’t work so this is why I’m asking you guys. My wireless network won’t work df217941-8526-491a-8414-b8af8ce38938
  4. Xbox one X will only connect to the internet with wired network. Wireless not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X will only connect to the internet with wired network. Wireless not working.: So I was using a ethernet cable. But I decided to plug it into my pc to speed up downloads. I have had this WiFi network on my Xbox One X ever since I got it 2 weeks ago. (Brand new) And...
  5. Wireless Network not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Network not working.: Hi, I have a problem with connecting my Xbox One S to the internet via WiFi. It happened suddenly after about 1 year of working correctly. It shows error message "Can't connect to your wireless...
  6. Wireless Network not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Network not working.: Hi, I have a problem with connecting my Xbox One S to the internet via WiFi. It happened suddenly after about 1 year of working correctly. It shows error message "Can't connect to your wireless...
  7. Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?: My 3 year old 360 started kicking me out of Live, stalling when streaming, disconnecting from online apps, etc. a few weeks ago, and countless trips to the support pages didn't stop the issue. We...
  8. Wireless network hardware not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless network hardware not working: Hi, When I go to connect my wireless network to my console, it comes up with the message of ' the wireless network hardware on this console is not working '. I have already talked to a member...
  9. Wireless network hardware isn't working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless network hardware isn't working?: I got this message. "Sorry, the wireless network hardware on this console isn't working. You'll need to send it in for repair. To do this, visit xbox.com/xboxone/repair." My wireless MAC address...
  10. How do you fix Xbox one saying the wireless network is not working on your consolehow a

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix Xbox one saying the wireless network is not working on your consolehow a: How do you fix Xbox one saying the wireless network is not working on your console 99efa3a9-a757-41dc-916b-97f2c042fdc0