XBox 1 not accepting disk

Discus and support XBox 1 not accepting disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I attempt to put a disc into my Xbox 1, it does not enter the console. There is a loud clicking noise and the disc slowly spins, inserted only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChahDresh, Mar 26, 2020.

1. ChahDresh
    ChahDresh Guest

When I attempt to put a disc into my Xbox 1, it does not enter the console. There is a loud clicking noise and the disc slowly spins, inserted only partway, until I withdraw the disc. There is no evidence that a disc is already inserted: the Xbox does
    not register a disc in the drive, and pressing the eject button and performing a manual eject both have no effect. I have checked for obstructions both visually and physically without detecting anything out of the ordinary. There are no help topics in the
    automated troubleshooting for this problem.

:)

ChahDresh, Mar 26, 2020
  2. MishManners Win User

Also, make sure the XBOX is on a flat surface. Otherwise you can get ring scratch and the disk can get stuck because it's essentially spinning on an angle.
  3. Chargersbride Win User

Xbox One won't pull in disc

Perform a "hard power cycle" by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart it. Try your disc again.
    Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognizes it.
  4. Kiesey Win User

It sounds like you will need to either have the console repaired by Xbox Support or purchase a new console, sorry i know that is not what you wanted to hear.
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

Is this just one disc or any disc that you try. And what model is your xbox one, as the first xbox one is no longer eligible for repairs.
  6. Kiesey Win User

I would suggest doing a hard reset, Hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds ( or until the console turns off) then turn it back on and see if you are having the same issue.

If so you might need to have the console serviced or as the previous poster said upgrade.

Here is a link you can use to register and request a repair on the console if needed.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/browse
Thema:

1. XBox 1 not accepting disk - Similar Threads - accepting disk

2. Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery: Hi all, Recently got my xbox 360 back from my brother. We've been trying to recover our old account for a little while since we forgot the password the to the account email & the emailadres for...
  3. Hey, My dad and I are trying to install XBox Insider, and he can't figure out how to accept...

in XboX Insiders
    Hey, My dad and I are trying to install XBox Insider, and he can't figure out how to accept...: Hey, My dad and I are trying to install XBox Insider, and he can't figure out how to accept the ToS for my account. Does anyone here know how to do it? submitted by /u/Clonestalker378 [link]...
  4. How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360: How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360 87f99b5e-db57-4368-bba0-048ace31158b
  5. I can't install Rushmore Beta Insider Hub even though I've joined and been accepted?

in XboX Insiders
    I can't install Rushmore Beta Insider Hub even though I've joined and been accepted?: I've already reported this via console but... I have two consoles - My OG in preview alpha and my X is in skip ahead. On my OG console I installed Rushmore fine. On my X it says I've joined but...
  6. My pocket edition minecraft isn't letting me accept other peoples minecraft game invites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pocket edition minecraft isn't letting me accept other peoples minecraft game invites: it comes up with 'You need to change the details of your microsoft account but iv'e tried everything beb1a899-a70e-4564-8744-669ac79339c3
  7. Gamertag "can't be accepted"?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag "can't be accepted"?: I changed my name to fit the new Xbox gamertag system, and I totally regret it, because I wanted one without a suffix. I went on the Xbox Social site to change my name again, and when I typed in...
  8. All disks play accept one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All disks play accept one: I have owned a hello neighbor game for a few months now but stopped working. The game would begin to load but then it would stop and go back to the beginning. I reset the Xbox one s multiple...
  9. Xbox one won't accept disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't accept disk: Whenever I try to insert the disk into the xbox, it takes it in but the disk gets stuck halfway. If I push it in, the disk does go in but it makes loud cranky noises. And when I try to eject it,...
  10. Xbox One Won't Accept Disk. Any Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Accept Disk. Any Help?: Whenever I try to insert the disk into the xbox, it takes it in but the disk gets stuck halfway. If I push it in, the disk does go in but it makes loud cranky noises. And when I try to eject it,...