XBox 1 not accepting disk

Discus and support XBox 1 not accepting disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I attempt to put a disc into my Xbox 1, it does not enter the console. There is a loud clicking noise and the disc slowly spins, inserted only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChahDresh, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:42 AM.

1. ChahDresh
    ChahDresh Guest

When I attempt to put a disc into my Xbox 1, it does not enter the console. There is a loud clicking noise and the disc slowly spins, inserted only partway, until I withdraw the disc. There is no evidence that a disc is already inserted: the Xbox does
    not register a disc in the drive, and pressing the eject button and performing a manual eject both have no effect. I have checked for obstructions both visually and physically without detecting anything out of the ordinary. There are no help topics in the
    automated troubleshooting for this problem.

:)

2. MishManners Win User

Also, make sure the XBOX is on a flat surface. Otherwise you can get ring scratch and the disk can get stuck because it's essentially spinning on an angle.
  3. Chargersbride Win User

Xbox One won't pull in disc

Perform a "hard power cycle" by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart it. Try your disc again.
    Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognizes it.
  4. Kiesey Win User

It sounds like you will need to either have the console repaired by Xbox Support or purchase a new console, sorry i know that is not what you wanted to hear.
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

Is this just one disc or any disc that you try. And what model is your xbox one, as the first xbox one is no longer eligible for repairs.
  6. Kiesey Win User

I would suggest doing a hard reset, Hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds ( or until the console turns off) then turn it back on and see if you are having the same issue.

If so you might need to have the console serviced or as the previous poster said upgrade.

Here is a link you can use to register and request a repair on the console if needed.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/browse
Thema:

1. XBox 1 not accepting disk - Similar Threads - accepting disk

2. My pocket edition minecraft isn't letting me accept other peoples minecraft game invites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pocket edition minecraft isn't letting me accept other peoples minecraft game invites: it comes up with 'You need to change the details of your microsoft account but iv'e tried everything beb1a899-a70e-4564-8744-669ac79339c3
  3. Gamertag "can't be accepted"?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag "can't be accepted"?: I changed my name to fit the new Xbox gamertag system, and I totally regret it, because I wanted one without a suffix. I went on the Xbox Social site to change my name again, and when I typed in...
  4. Xbox uninstalling my apps when I accept an update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox uninstalling my apps when I accept an update: Hello I have had a problem with two games lately that have had an update so I have accepted to update then there going to be a couple of GB to update, then when I go down to queue it says its...
  5. Can't accept minecraft realm invite. " you cannot play online multiplayer because of how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't accept minecraft realm invite. " you cannot play online multiplayer because of how...: I just bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my laptop so i could play online on my friend's realm, but everytime I try to accept the invite, I get the message "you cannot play online multiplayer...
  6. Upgrading internal hard drive from HDD to SSD. Why won't my Xbox accept the SSD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading internal hard drive from HDD to SSD. Why won't my Xbox accept the SSD?: Hello, I have been working on upgrading my Xbox's hard drive from a HDD to SSD. Both are 500GB. I know how to physically remove the hard drive and install the SSD, however the issue is with the...
  7. Xbox app accepting club invites

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app accepting club invites: Is there a way to accept club invites on the xbox app at this moment and if so how? 1f9e3854-11f0-45be-b28f-44b75f79455f
  8. All disks play accept one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All disks play accept one: I have owned a hello neighbor game for a few months now but stopped working. The game would begin to load but then it would stop and go back to the beginning. I reset the Xbox one s multiple...
  9. Xbox one won't accept disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't accept disk: Whenever I try to insert the disk into the xbox, it takes it in but the disk gets stuck halfway. If I push it in, the disk does go in but it makes loud cranky noises. And when I try to eject it,...
  10. Xbox One Won't Accept Disk. Any Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Accept Disk. Any Help?: Whenever I try to insert the disk into the xbox, it takes it in but the disk gets stuck halfway. If I push it in, the disk does go in but it makes loud cranky noises. And when I try to eject it,...