xbox 1 storage

Discus and support xbox 1 storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To free up space on the internal HD, i have transferred my games to external HD. Easy enough. So i deleted the games on the internal HD. Mistake!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by userxbox1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. userxbox1
    userxbox1 Guest

xbox 1 storage

To free up space on the internal HD,

i have transferred my games to external HD. Easy enough.

So i deleted the games on the internal HD.

Mistake!

It deleted the games on external HD as well?

Which sux, so i have re download the games to external HD,

but it is showing that the data is downloading to both external and internal?

The purpose was to free space on internal by transferring data to external.

So why is the internal HD taking on data when everything is being downloaded to the external HD?

thx.

:)

userxbox1, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

xbox 1 storage

Manufacturers usually round up on the amount of storage space on hard drive (any hard drive you buy, not just the ones in an Xbox) so they actually have less space on them than what is listed. Plus the Xbox hard drive have system files on them that take
    up part of the hard drive as well.
  3. 吊打小逗比 Win User

xbox 1 storage

You are using transfer, which is to move the contents of your internal hard drive to the external hard drive instead of copying, you do not need to manually delete the contents of the internal hard drive (because they are already on the external hard drive).
  4. blueamcat Win User

xbox 1 storage

You should be able to specify which hard drive you want new games and apps to install to.

Here is some info on HDDs. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manage-storage

Also, once you have what you want on the external hard drive, unplug it and delete what you don't want on the internal one. I have never heard of games installing on two hard drives at once though.
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

My games were free (xbox live download) but when i try to uninstall and reinstall it says i need to pay money

1. Go to Settings (Xbox).
    2. Choose CD/blueray, then Persistent storage, select clear persistent storage.

see if this helps. thanks
  6. CAG ShadowSnypr Win User

Halo 2 on Xbox One.

The whole series of Halo does need to be on Xbox 1 I agree. And yes I do own the Xbox 1. I really dont care if Halo takes ups every 500 gb of storage but I doubt it will. Strange though CoD ghosts take 32gb of storage if downloaded.
Thema:

xbox 1 storage

1. xbox 1 storage - Similar Threads - storage

2. XBox One S - Ext HDD Media Storage limitations?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - Ext HDD Media Storage limitations?: Goal: Connect 5TB ext HDD filled with MP4s and MKVs Tests: - First I connected a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus (STDR4000100) to my XBox One S that had 2.36TB full of movies. Ran perfectly. Call this...
  3. My storage won’t let me use a bit of it and i don’t know what to do.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My storage won’t let me use a bit of it and i don’t know what to do.: So about a month ago my xbox decided that it would just not let me use about 30 total precent of my storage capacity and i don’t know why or how to fix it and i’ve hit a wall trying to figure it...
  4. Xbox One S external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S external storage: I am in the processing of purchasing an external hard drive for an XBox One S and am trying to find out if the external hard drives for XBox One are compatible with the XBox One S? Thanks!...
  5. The Outer Worlds Download Issue (Storage)

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outer Worlds Download Issue (Storage): I started my download for the Outer worlds using the Xbox (Beta) PC application, but cancelled the download to restart it when my internet acted up. Now when I go to start the download again, it...
  6. xbox 360 storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 storage space: Hello My xbox 360 is asking me to update. When I throw it she tells me that there is not enough free space in the storage space. So I will try to see if I can make room on the storage space....
  7. Minecraft Xbox: You are almost out of data storage space

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox: You are almost out of data storage space: The forum is full of people having this problem with Minecraft and still no improvement. My xbox has 300GB free. I just bought and installed Minecraft. I could play for one time of 30 mins. When...
  8. External storage detection

in XBoX Accessibility
    External storage detection: My external hard drive is only being detected sometimes, if i connect it through one of the base usb ports, it doesnt show up but, if i connect it into my usb hub, it will show up and say that”...
  9. Proxy and Storage for Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Proxy and Storage for Xbox one: We have 10 Xbox ones and 10 Playstation 4 consoles in one of our facilities. When our users are doing tournaments, the downloads bog our network down considerably. On the PC side, we can set up a...
  10. Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...: submitted by /u/ManicFirestorm [link] [comments]