xbox 1 storage

Discus and support xbox 1 storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To free up space on the internal HD, i have transferred my games to external HD. Easy enough. So i deleted the games on the internal HD. Mistake!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by userxbox1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. userxbox1
    userxbox1 Guest

xbox 1 storage

To free up space on the internal HD,

i have transferred my games to external HD. Easy enough.

So i deleted the games on the internal HD.

Mistake!

It deleted the games on external HD as well?

Which sux, so i have re download the games to external HD,

but it is showing that the data is downloading to both external and internal?

The purpose was to free space on internal by transferring data to external.

So why is the internal HD taking on data when everything is being downloaded to the external HD?

thx.

:)

userxbox1, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

xbox 1 storage

Manufacturers usually round up on the amount of storage space on hard drive (any hard drive you buy, not just the ones in an Xbox) so they actually have less space on them than what is listed. Plus the Xbox hard drive have system files on them that take
    up part of the hard drive as well.
  3. 吊打小逗比 Win User

xbox 1 storage

You are using transfer, which is to move the contents of your internal hard drive to the external hard drive instead of copying, you do not need to manually delete the contents of the internal hard drive (because they are already on the external hard drive).
  4. blueamcat Win User

xbox 1 storage

You should be able to specify which hard drive you want new games and apps to install to.

Here is some info on HDDs. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manage-storage

Also, once you have what you want on the external hard drive, unplug it and delete what you don't want on the internal one. I have never heard of games installing on two hard drives at once though.
  5. Mr daffypyle Win User
  6. XBA_Hype Win User

My games were free (xbox live download) but when i try to uninstall and reinstall it says i need to pay money

1. Go to Settings (Xbox).
    2. Choose CD/blueray, then Persistent storage, select clear persistent storage.

see if this helps. thanks
Thema:

xbox 1 storage

1. xbox 1 storage - Similar Threads - storage

2. Can't play 360 games because cloud storage is 2mb over

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play 360 games because cloud storage is 2mb over: I can not save any save data for xbox 360 games because my cloud storage os 2mb over capacity. I have cleared games from my cloud, deleted all my screenshots and removed accounts from my xbox....
  3. Please help! Corrupt Minecraft World on PS4 & Out of Storage Space

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help! Corrupt Minecraft World on PS4 & Out of Storage Space: Hi all, My Minecraft World is stored on my PS4's 4TB harddrive; all game data saved there. It's not even close to being full. Within Minecraft itself the storage bar isn't even a quarter of the...
  4. my external storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    my external storage: my x box external memory does not light up but hear it running and does not show saved material is it shot or broke ? 767d45ac-a39d-4f43-9a8e-a34c1963e68d
  5. Minecraft saying I am almost out of storage space when I only have 9.2MB of Internal...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft saying I am almost out of storage space when I only have 9.2MB of Internal...: Minecraft keeps telling me I am almost out of storage space. Yet I am only using 9.2MB of Internal Storage. I Have 436GB Free and I am not using any external harddrives. What can I do to get rid...
  6. accessing cloud storage on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    accessing cloud storage on xbox one: Hey people so here's the background to my question. I have been playing deadfall adventures on xbox one backwards compat. Im trying to get the some of the last achievements, i need 100 waves on...
  7. Storage issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Storage issue: My Xbox one will randomly lose connection to both internal and external storage. When this happens while playing a game, the game crashes and I get sent to the home screen. I also cannot see any...
  8. Xbox One Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Storage: I have a 500gb Xbox One S, I have 300gb or less of games and apps downloaded, but it says that it's full. Does anybody know what takes up that space and how to clear it up? Please help....
  9. Problem with Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Storage: Hi all. Ok first off I have a lot of games on my xbox, last count was 381, spread across 3 external drives = 16tb and an internal drive which is 1tb. So last week I moved my living room around so...
  10. problema de almacenamiento con xbox game pass[storage problem with xbox game pass]

in XBoX on Windows
    problema de almacenamiento con xbox game pass[storage problem with xbox game pass]: tengo descargado el Forza Horizon 4 en mi pc, almacenado en un disco de 1tb. decidi comprarme un ssd para hacer la pc mas rapida lo que hizo que mi disco de 1tb cambie de nombre. al cambiar de...