XBox 1 turns on, but no audio or video

Discus and support XBox 1 turns on, but no audio or video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So for the past week I`ve been unable to access the dashboard on my Xboxc to play. It will power on, but the screen will remain blank and my controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phobus420, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Phobus420
    Phobus420 Guest

So for the past week I`ve been unable to access the dashboard on my Xboxc to play. It will power on, but the screen will remain blank and my controller cannot sync with it. I went to the site and tried everything it recommended but nothing has worked. Only
    thing i havent tried is a new HDMI cable but I`m broke so i cant buy one jut yet. Any other ideas I can try?

:)

Phobus420, Jun 20, 2017
  2. JDOG047
    JDOG047 Guest
    XBox Turns On, Fuctional, No Audio or Video

When I turn on my XBox 360 Arcade and the AC Adapter and Power Button turn Green as if everything is alright, but the On Screen never appeared. I tried un-plugging the cables, updating it via USB (I used both an external harddrive and JumpDrive, both exFAT
    format, and the lights only flashed OCCASIONALLY), tried renaming the file so it would include the update number, I was even able to eject the disk tray and put it back in, but it continued to not function. I use the Composite Cable (tried both HD and SD tv
    settings) and a Sharp AQUOS TV. One of my friends more educated in the verse of XBoxs believes the Video Card may have been damaged.

JDOG047, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Mr SURNAME
    Mr SURNAME Guest
    XBox Turns On, Fuctional, No Audio or Video

You can also try to reset your display settings on the console:

Step 1: Remove any discs from the disc tray

Step 2: Turn off the console

Step 3: Turn on the console using your Xbox wireless controller ( If using one)

Step 4: As the console starts press and hold Y while pulling the RIGHT trigger. The display settings are reset to the default and the console will then restart

Mr SURNAME, Jun 20, 2017
  4. kmor18 Win User

using xbox with hd widescreen pc monitor

So I have to turn my pc on to use audio on my xbox? The 1/8 goes into line in on PC and if I'm using an HDMI for best video where do I get the audio out from xbox? Thanks.
  5. WPAK Win User

My xbox 360 wont show picture or sound on my television

6. WPAK Win User

xbox wont display, wont read controllers

Hi there,

sorry to hear about your problem, you could try some of the solutions here

support.xbox.com/.../audio-video

Have you tried turning it on without the HDD?

If all fails, I'm afraid that the console might need repairs...
  7. yonizzlechizzle Win User

CONNECTING XBOX 360 to TV

It will be fine the yellow is video and red and white are audio. you will be just fine with only 1 audio input. have fun and welcome to the xbox community
  8. Axis Se7en Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Im not sure if this will help, did you try these steps? Troubleshooting sound issues with an audio-video receiver

If your Xbox One console is connected to an audio-video receiver that's connected to your television and you have no sound, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn on your devices in the following order. Wait for each device to fully power up before starting the next device:
      1. Television
      2. Audio-video receiver
      3. Xbox One console
    2. Use the “Input” button on your television's remote control (or the buttons on the television) to switch the input source of your receiver away from the console and then back (for example, HDMI1 to HDMI2, then back to HDMI1).
    3. Restart the audio-video receiver.
    4. Set your TV connection to HDMI:
      1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      2. Select System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output.
      3. Select Video fidelity & overscan.
      4. Under Display, select HDMI.
Thema:

1. XBox 1 turns on, but no audio or video - Similar Threads - turns audio video

2. Turn Off Audio Descriptions on Movie playing from XBOX 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turn Off Audio Descriptions on Movie playing from XBOX 360: Hello, Trying to watch into the spiderverse on an xbox 360, but there are audio descriptions that I can't turn off. They are descriptions for people with visual impairments, not directors...
  3. How do i turn audio description off in Microsoft movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn audio description off in Microsoft movies?: I saw this question, under the same title above, posted and locked without answer. I'm posting this per instructions as I just had this problem, but I now know and want to share the answer. This...
  4. How do i turn audio description off in Microsoft movies

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn audio description off in Microsoft movies: Downloaded a film on Xbox 360 audio description is on and I don't know how to turn it off **Moved from: Music, Movies & TV / Movies & TV** a3828587-4c1f-479e-a782-619ecd5988fa
  5. Is it possible to turn on gameplay audio for the Xbox One Chat Headset provided?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to turn on gameplay audio for the Xbox One Chat Headset provided?: I have seen multiple times that other headsets have the capability to play the audio from the games themselves, and I am wondering whether this is possible or not for the Xbox One chat headset. If...
  6. BluRay Player Turning off Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    BluRay Player Turning off Audio: So my Xbox One can play DVD's just fine but when it comes to Blu Ray only a few of my movies will play at all and some will just play the video and turn off all audio for the system upon starting....
  7. Controller disconnecting, causing audio adapter to shut off, takes 10+ minutes to turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting, causing audio adapter to shut off, takes 10+ minutes to turn back on: hello, all. First of all, my wireless Xbox one controller randomly disconnects, even with full battery. This happens probably every 15 minutes. Second, I have an audio adapter plugged into it,...
  8. Game audio does not turn off when watching a Beam stream and on a Party Chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio does not turn off when watching a Beam stream and on a Party Chat.: When watching a live Beam stream of Madden 2017 the game audio is played throughout the stream along with the person on a Party. Therefore I cannot hear the conversation on the party because the...
  9. Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps.: I have noticed this issue specifically while watching videos in the Edge and Netflix apps, and while watching a friend's game footage. The video may play for a few seconds, then cycle through a...
  10. SOS!! My Xbox 360 won't turn on because of Audio/Video problems!

in XBoX on Consoles
    SOS!! My Xbox 360 won't turn on because of Audio/Video problems!: Ok, so when I try to turn on my Xbox 360, a bunch of random colors come up, I can still hear the Xbox 360 startup sound along with a buzzing noise, I know I put the 3 A/V cords in the right place....