XBOX 1 won't power on

Discus and support XBOX 1 won't power on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My kids purchased an XBOX 1 in January 2018. In November 2018 we've observed that when we powered on the unit, it turns off within 5-6 seconds. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JeffreyShannon, Sep 4, 2019.

1. XBOX 1 won't power on

My kids purchased an XBOX 1 in January 2018. In November 2018 we've observed that when we powered on the unit, it turns off within 5-6 seconds. The kids didn't say anything about the XBOX not working until recently. We have tried resetting the unit and
    even had a local repair shop examine the unit. The shop concluded they couldn't repair it and that we should contact Microsoft. My kids saved up their own money to purchase the XBOX. They have purchased games, controllers and a headset that they can longer
    use. I would like Microsoft to provide a soution or provide a replacement unit.

Please advise. Thank you.

:)

JeffreyShannon, Sep 4, 2019
  2. DanMen334 Win User

XBOX 1 won't power on

it's a shame, but you should know the status of the guarantee because if you still have it there will be no problem just ask for the guarantee either in the store where you bought it (reeating that you do it there first, so that you do not have to wait)
    since you request the guarantee ia in microsoft involves mailing the drive for them to repair or send a new one but it takes a few days, but remember that if you opened someone external the console that overrides the guarantee and while you can still send
    it for repation with microsoft this will charge you
  3. Chargersbride Win User

XBOX 1 won't power on

4. Miku Sakuya Win User

XBOX 1 won't power on

Based on what I hear it sounds like probably a faulty motherboard or power supply if it shuts off that fast but also thinking about it maybe it's over heated as well
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox won't power on

Luckily, there is some surge protection built into the power adapter block with the internal fuse, so your console should be fine.

However, the power supply is likely shot, so you'll need to get a replacement. The only way to get a replacement PSU is to contact Microsoft

here
    (use phone or chat).

Support Article: About the Xbox One Power Supply
  6. Logansbox3 Win User

OG Xbox one won’t turn on

My xbox one original won't power on need to have it serviced went through reset steps still won't power on
Thema:

XBOX 1 won't power on

1. XBOX 1 won't power on - Similar Threads - won't power

2. Xbox One S Won't Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Power On: I was gaming yesterday, and my Xbox One S just shut off I bought it new and have had it for less than a year. I didn't lose power, the Xbox wasn't hot or overheating. I tried to power it back on,...
  3. Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.: I have an original Xbox One which will not turn on. I unplugged everything and plugged all back in. At first the power supply has an orange light but when you connect it to the xbox, the orange...
  4. Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know...: Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know what to do next. you could connect it directly by ethernet cable in case the wifi antenna of the xbox has...
  5. Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on: I was just playing the red dead redemption 2 campaign when out of nowhere my xbox one original cut out. There was a very quiet pop sound as if a fuse or something had gone. But after it turning...
  6. Xbox won't power on because of update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't power on because of update: I was updating my Xbox and it got through the first 2 stages but when it got to the third it powered off and never turned back on. Is there any fix for this? 905287dc-c7b6-47bb-8a51-dcf746ccc8ac
  7. Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original won't turn on power brick light goes off: I tried the Xbox One power supply solution multiple times and it hasn't helped. The power brick's light dies as soon as it is plugged in. I waited 10 seconds and it still doesn't work at all. Does...
  8. My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...?: Really could use some advice here, I will try to explain in details as I read about similar stuff but not with these specs: Having a Xbox One console, the old one (fat+brick power source)....
  9. Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord: I just bought a used Xbox One S and it won't turn on, and I know it's not the power cord or the power supply because I got the wrong cord from the person I bought it from and had to buy a new one...
  10. Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't turn back on after hard power down: I was using my Xbox One last night and this morning, and it was working perfectly fine. I did a hard power down and left the console off for a few hours, and now when I try to power it on it is...