Xbox 1 X - Constantly having problem with saved games

Discus and support Xbox 1 X - Constantly having problem with saved games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Project Scorpio Xbox one X and am constantly getting message saying "There is a problem with your saved games - To play you'll need to delete... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ben H XBX, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Ben H XBX
    Ben H XBX Guest

I have Project Scorpio Xbox one X and am constantly getting message saying

"There is a problem with your saved games - To play you'll need to delete and sync them again. To do this , go to Settings > System > Storage, then select Clear local saved games. They'll be synced from Xbox Live the next time you play this game (0x80831002)

This message pops up during games at places where the game would make a checkpoint. I can continue playing but no further progress is saved.

If I do as it says and clear local saved games it sometime s fixes it sometimes causes Xbox to have start up errors E102,105,106 etc. From that point I have had to complete factory resets which again sort problem but only for a short period of time, maybe
    an hour maybe a day but same message will come back after a while.

Yesterday no matter how many restarts, factory resets, usb resets, usb updates etc xbox would not come on at all. When following support on website only option was to send off for £188!

I unplugged and left over night and this morning it completed usb update and is working.

From researching the problem it seems it is likely to do with a faulty internal hard drive. All my games are on external drive and I have a second Xbox one which works fine with the external drive. If I try and download a game to internal drive it comes
    up with error and stops which further confirms this.

Any suggestions? I really don't think I should pay nearly £200 for Microsoft to replace a £50 hard drive. I have purchased day one xbox one and xbox one x but can't believe after spending £500 for a console I need to pay a further £200 when it is less than
    a year and a half old.

The problems started when the xbox was under warranty but now as it is over a year it is no longer covered. I can't find anyway to actually speak with someone from support. The online help and virtual chat just send me round in circles.

Is there any way I can get the xbox to completely ignore the internal drive? From what I can figure it is trying to put a local copy of the save to backup the cloud save and as it's always connected online so not really needed anyway.

:)

Ben H XBX, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ben H XBX Win User

Thanks but it happens across a variety of games but I have done factory resets and redownloaded them but it doesn't make a difference, I still have my old xbox one in the other room and I don't have the problem with the games on that console so I don't
    think it is the cloud saves.
  3. choppyseize Win User

It may just be a corrupted save file, have you tried a full factory reset and just downloading the games again?
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Ben,

We understand that you have been experiencing an issue concerning the console's inability to allow the saving of your games.

If you have been experiencing consistent issues with the saves, this can be caused by one of two things.

If you're using the console online, the console may be experiencing random disconnections from the network causing the saving process to corrupt your current save file, to which we would recommend ensuring that the connection is strong when testing the multiplayer
    connection within the network settings. If it comes back negative, follow our
    Xbox One network connection solution
    support article for direct assistance with everything networking.

The other side to this you have already mentioned in regards to the internal hard drive, and it would be best to send the console in for repair. You can start this procedure by following our
    getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced support article.

Try the suggested and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  5. Ben H XBX Win User

Yes. I've reset like that but the same issue will come back after some period of time. I am just disappointed that even though the issue started whilst in the warranty period and I followed the advice given the problem is getting worse not better.
  6. IamMrMoe Win User

I am having the EXACT same problem with my Scorpion Edition. Bought it day one and haven't had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. I did all the resets, uninstalls, hard resets, walk thru with customer support But since they say it is out of warranty
    I have to pay half the cost of the original price for them to look at it and make any repairs if necessary. Thought it was just one game issue, so yesterday I downloaded Ace Combat 7 and haven't been able to run it. Keep getting same errors. So I agree it
    has to be a faulty hard drive which I don't understand why we as the consumer have to pay for a faulty hard drive that Microsoft installed in the console. Someone in Microsoft needs to step up and say we failed you, we will repair it at our cost.

Before anyone asks, my console is hardwired to my router so it is not a wifi connectivity issue on my end.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 X - Constantly having problem with saved games - Similar Threads - Constantly having problem

2. I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am constantly having to reset my modem to connect to Xbox Live (Everything else connected...: Every single time I turn on the Xbox One S and try to log in with the controller, I get a spinning wheel that eventually times out and won't connect. When I go to the network settings, I either...
  3. Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss: Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPQ 3212 (Modem): Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss Hello Awilliams214, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We...
  4. Every time I turn my xbox on, I have to turn off the Internet for 30 seconds constantly.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Every time I turn my xbox on, I have to turn off the Internet for 30 seconds constantly.: Every time I turn my xbox on, I have to turn off the Internet for 30 seconds constantly. Every time I turn my xbox one s on, I have to turn off the Internet for thirty seconds constantly. Is there...
  5. Having to power cycle Xbox One console constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having to power cycle Xbox One console constantly: Hey Everyone. I have been having some trouble with my XB1 and I was hoping someone could help me. I've noticed since installing an 8TB Western Digital external hard drive, that I have to...
  6. Have to constantly do a factory reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to constantly do a factory reset...: Seemingly anytime I have to update, or any time I spend too much time away from my Xbone I can't get my discs to read on it or it doesn't seem to "recognize" if there's an update that needs to be...
  7. Constantly disconnected from XBL, Have to go to test connection to have it connect again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constantly disconnected from XBL, Have to go to test connection to have it connect again.: I've done everything with clearing the cache dealing with the profiles, my NAT type is open 100% of the time, my connection is fine on my computer and everything else it is just my xbox 360 that...
  8. Why do I constantly have to hard re set my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I constantly have to hard re set my console: I haven't had my Xbox one for even a year and I'm constantly having to hard reset either because Netflix or HBOgo won't load the titles and give me errors or that every time i try to watch tv it...
  9. Child account setup - constantly having to put in password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account setup - constantly having to put in password: I just got an Xbox One, and I got it so that my entire family could use it. I have a wife and a 6 year old son, so I want settings and restrictions for my son so he can: - watch Netflix - play...
  10. Why am I having constant problems with he Blu Ray app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having constant problems with he Blu Ray app?: The wife and I have bought Season 1-3 of Game of Thrones on Blu Ray instead of DVD cause I wanted to watch the show at it's best. But, for some reasons or another, I keep having problems with it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x problem with saved games

2. xbox one x problem saved games

3. xbox one x constant problem with saved games error

4. xbox one problem with saved games,
  5. xbox one x problem with save games constantly