Xbox 1 X crashes when only playing a specific game

Discus and support Xbox 1 X crashes when only playing a specific game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox crashes at specific times of playing Destiny 2. Bungie will not respond and it seems like a bad internal cooling system... But now the Xbox is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanielTrader, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:44 PM.

1. DanielTrader
    DanielTrader Guest

The Xbox crashes at specific times of playing Destiny 2. Bungie will not respond and it seems like a bad internal cooling system... But now the Xbox is out of warranty.

What can I do, other than "Stop playing that game..."?

There has been very little support from Microsoft and Bungie since opening multiple tickets with each of them since October 2018.

As a gamer I am at wit's end with this problem.

:)

2. DanielTrader Win User

It looks like everything is working I just had to shut off my Xbox. Thanks for all the help!
  3. DanielTrader Win User

Currently it is plugged into a power strip but the real problem is when playing a few specific events within Destiny 2, I can hear the fans inside ramping up and then the entire machine just shuts off.

I currently have the Xbox turned around so the ventilation ports on the back side are pointed towards the center of the room and are not covered by anything.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for letting us know it is working. With that, I will go ahead and lock the thread as it has been resolved.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Daniel thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help. Before we get started (in order to not sound repetitive) what troubleshooting has been done? What is the console connected to power supply wise (power strip, the wall)?
    Let us know so we can get this ironed out!
  6. DanielTrader Win User

So far everything is working, except the adapter piece that is connected to my headset. For some reason it's not working and I have to plug my headset directly into the controller. That adapter piece is not available for an update through the settings
    for some reason. It would be nice to be able to mute myself.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 X crashes when only playing a specific game - Similar Threads - crashes playing specific

2. Xbox crashing when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox crashing when playing games: Hi I posted a question about my One X freezing/crashing when playing RDR2 and thought i had solved it by reinstalling. Well it worked for a mission at which point i had turn off and do some bits...
  3. Sea of Thieves crashing while 2 people are playing with Play Anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves crashing while 2 people are playing with Play Anywhere: This occurs every 6-7 minutes while two people are ingame with the same Store account with the Play Anywhere feature (we use separate Xbox accounts though). No message pops up or anything, just a...
  4. Game crashes while playing on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game crashes while playing on PC: Split from this thread. Split from this thread. I get the soda same thing on occasion. Game crashes (BFV), xbox freeze, restart, boots with same error. Hard reset usually works. But issue is...
  5. This game can't be played! This game has multiple crash errors!

in XBoX on Consoles
    This game can't be played! This game has multiple crash errors!: Quantum Break This game can't be played! Resident evil 0This game has multiple crash errors! bdd06e8a-cad3-4274-841d-8230b32497d7
  6. Xbox keeps crashing when playing Fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps crashing when playing Fortnite: Hi, My XBox OneS keeps crashing when playing Fortnite. Also crashing when I play Sims4 and Overwatch, but not as often. Does anyone know why this might be happening?...
  7. Xbox One S Crashing every time I play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Crashing every time I play: Xbox one S is crashing every time I play. The console works perfectly fine for about 20-30 minutes and then it freezes and my controller is useless. I turn it off by the button on the console, but...
  8. Console - Every game I play crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console - Every game I play crashes: every game or app I play crashes for no reaso I have reset my xbox over and over but crash after a crash and game shuts down. It crashes even when trying to load minecraft anyone know how I can...
  9. Xbox Crashing within Minutes of Playing Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Crashing within Minutes of Playing Fortnite: I recently updated Fortnite with the newest available, my xbox has never crashed before this update and now it crashes within minutes of entering the battle royal mode of Fortnite. It crashes...
  10. Crash bandicoot not playing on some xbox360s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crash bandicoot not playing on some xbox360s: unable to play my crash bandicoot game on my xbox360 but works fine on a different xbox360 any ideas please help 29fdc3c8-fa1d-4316-8dc9-b84994353ebc