Xbox 360> AC PowAda> S-Model> 120W (P/N -004) vs. 135W (P/N -005)

Discus and support Xbox 360> AC PowAda> S-Model> 120W (P/N -004) vs. 135W (P/N -005) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I have an Xbox 360 S that appears to have a faulty Power Adapter. I went to get it replaced, and found that there are generally three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dsurian, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Dsurian
    Dsurian Guest

Greetings,

I have an Xbox 360 S that appears to have a faulty Power Adapter. I went to get it replaced, and found that there are generally three types; one for the original 360, one for the Slim, and one for the Elite - each with a noticeably different input. The problem?
    - there appears to be (*at least*) two different Slim variants; the one I've got has a DC Output of 120W, and a P/N that ends in '-004', while the second variant that's far more common has a DC output of 135W and a P/N that ends in '-005'.

So, can I use the 135W variant with my console that shipped with the 120W PSU? - if so, was there a recall or something that I'm not aware of / some official word from Microsoft? - if not, where the heck can I find a -004, other than eBay's pit-o-despair?

Furthermore, anyone know why all this was even necessary? - can't find Microsoft explaining any of this...

Thanks in advance!

:)

Dsurian, Dec 2, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Dsurian,

Thanks for coming to the forums. To be honest, 360 power supplies are few and far between. Microsoft stopped manufacturing these years ago. The power supplies you mentioned should both work just fine with the Xbox 360 you have. In the

guide provided
    , shows what the consoles use.

• Xbox 360 E console: Uses a 120-watt PSU
    • Xbox 360 S console: Uses a 135-watt PSU
    • Xbox 360 original console: There are several versions of the PSU for the original Xbox 360 console. Depending on the power requirements of the console, a 203-watt PSU, a 175-watt PSU, or a 150-watt PSU may have been included.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Achievements not working

**** **** ****<****p****>****H****i**** ****N****a****z****,****<****/****p****>**** **** ****<****p**** ****/****>**** **** ****<****p****>****H****e****r****e**** ****i****s**** ****a**** ****q****u****o****t****e**** ****f****r****o****m**** ****X****b****o****x****
    ****S****u****p****p****o****r****t**** ****T****w****i****t****t****e****r**** ****r****e****g****a****r****d****i****n****g**** ****t****h****e**** ****m****a****t****t****e****r****,****<****/****p****>**** **** ****<****p**** ****/****>**** **** ****<****p****>****
    **** ****W****e**** ****u****n****d****e****r****s****t****a****n****d**** ****s****o****m****e**** ****u****s****e****r****s**** ****m****a****y**** ****b****e**** ****e****x****p****e****r****i****e****n****c****i****n****g**** ****d****e****l****a****y****s****
    ****w****i****t****h**** ****a****c****h****i****e****v****e****m****e****n****t**** ****u****n****l****o****c****k****s**** ****a****n****d**** ****t****r****a****c****k****i****n****g****.**** ****W****e**** ****a****r****e**** ****c****u****r****r****e****n****t****l****y****
    ****i****n****v****e****s****t****i****g****a****t****i****n****g**** ****t****h****i****s**** ****i****s****s****u****e****.**** ****P****l****e****a****s****e**** ****c****h****e****c****k**** ****b****a****c****k**** ****h****e****r****e**** ****a****n****d****
    ****w****e**** ****w****i****l****l**** ****u****p****d****a****t****e**** ****y****o****u**** ****o****n****c****e**** ****w****e**** ****h****a****v****e**** ****m****o****r****e**** ****d****e****t****a****i****l****s****.****<****/****p****>**** **** ****<****p****>****
    **** ****&****n****b****s****p****;****<****/****p****>**** **** ****<****p****>**** **** ****L****i****n****k****:****&****n****b****s****p****;****<****a**** ****h****r****e****f****=****"****h****t****t****p****s****:****/****/****t****w****i****t****t****e****r****.****c****o****m****/****X****b****o****x****S****u****p****p****o****r****t****"****
    ****t****a****r****g****e****t****=****"****_****b****l****a****n****k****"**** ****r****e****l****=****"****n****o****r****e****f****e****r****r****e****r****"****>****h****t****t****p****s****:****/****/****t****w****i****t****t****e****r****.****c****o****m****/****X****b****o****x****S****u****p****p****o****r****t****<****/****a****>****<****/****p****>****
  4. DuctileMovie1 Win User

Xbox plug and play not charging

Yes

p/n x935133-003

S/n 1927235868411
  5. MaltedMilkhouse Win User

Power supply blew up, problems finding a replacement?

So I managed to order one through Microsoft, however it is the 135w model. I rang and mentioned this and they said my XBOX can be used with either the 120w or 135w. It seems to work fine.
  6. satishmufc Win User

Xbox 360 S PSU(Power Supply Unit) issue

If they can fit into each other then can one adapter be used for the console from the other model? i.e., 135w adapter on a console that accepts 120w?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360> AC PowAda> S-Model> 120W (P/N -004) vs. 135W (P/N -005) - Similar Threads - 360> PowAda> Model>

2. Transfer 360 Games to xBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer 360 Games to xBox One: I recently purchased the Xbox One S and I had a 360. Tbere were a couple games I purchased for my daughters, Minecraft, Goat Simulator. They are not showing up on my new console. Do I have to do...
  3. Xbox 360 Vs Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Vs Xbox One: What the hell is happening with gaming? It never sucked so bad! with this *newer technology* of the xbox one the gaming experience is extremely terrible and frustrating!!! Why is it that besides...
  4. New Xbox 360 wired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox 360 wired controller: I bought a new xbox 360 wired controller,keeps saying reconnect the controller e7237948-bc06-47bf-90f6-46c71c6dd7de
  5. Xbox 360 "No Signal" on Samsung 2019 RU8000 TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 "No Signal" on Samsung 2019 RU8000 TV: Hello, I am reaching out for some support with my Xbox 360 working with my 2019 Samsung TV. It's an RU8000 model, but others are having the same issues with the Q70R model. When I connect my...
  6. xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?: i have 2 xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC wireless gaming receiver.But i can't update the driver to connect my controller.Although it works on my laptop with win10 family version....
  7. Xbox 360 Dashboard Glitched

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Glitched: Two or three weeks ago, I had practically a fight with my 360 about my NAT being suddenly closed. Sometime during this battle, my dashboard started loading strangely; I didn’t really notice it...
  8. Help with connecting my sensor 360 to my new TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with connecting my sensor 360 to my new TV: hello , i have a Xbox 360 that I’ve had for years. And I bought a brand new Samsung 65 inch QLED TV from Costco. And the bolts in the back to connect the sensor are larger than the ones I have....
  9. GAME PASS no XBOX 360[GAME PASS on XBOX 360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME PASS no XBOX 360[GAME PASS on XBOX 360]: Boa Tarde, meu filho ganhou um xbox 360. Nos últimos dias adquiri uma conta XBOX GAME PASS. Toda vez que vou baixar o jogo no site para ele istalar o jogo no meu XBOX 360, ele informa o seguinte...
  10. Проблема со звуком Xbox 360. Xbox 360 sound issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Проблема со звуком Xbox 360. Xbox 360 sound issue.: Консоль: Xbox 360 Здравствуйте, столкнулся со следующей проблемой: при подключении консоли к моноблоку по HDMI полностью отсутствует звук(звука нет ни при подключении наушников ни через внешние...