Xbox 360 and original games from Gold

Discus and support Xbox 360 and original games from Gold in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how I can get one of the free backward compatability games on the Live Gold promotion. I just want to get republic commando but... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Corno23, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Corno23
    Corno23 Guest

Can anyone tell me how I can get one of the free backward compatability games on the Live Gold promotion. I just want to get republic commando but every time I try to get it, it tells me my account can’t make this kind of purchase from the console and
    to go to the website. But on the website it tells me to go to the console to do it. What should I do?

:)

Corno23, Mar 15, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there ObiWan!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get Republic Commando.

This could be happening because of the
    Xbox Live Status Servic
    e Alert we have currently affecting our platforms, so I would suggest trying after it has been resolved.

After it has been, see if you can try again or if you can try online at Xbox.com after signing in.
    I'm not sure if you have or not, but I think it might be best for you to try the claim for this game off of a 360 console instead. This being because the 360
    consolecan communicate better with
    360 marketplace
    than the XboxOne, that has to access it through an emulator.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped resolve the issue.

Thanks!
  3. Smwutches Win User

That message can also come up if you're on a child account. Due to restrictions on child accounts, they can only make purchases for backwards compatible titles on a 360 console.
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

for 360 content a valid payment option needs to be available on the Microsoft Account as verification for the purchase, it will not be charged. The payment option needs to match the account region. The account region/country can be found on this link:

https://live.xbox.com/Account/BillingAccountInformation

So be sure to check if all is set up correctly and account, payment option and console region (on Xbox One) are set to the same country

Side note: a trial subscription will not work to acquire Xbox 360 Games with Gold games only a normal (paid) subscription will.

Let us know the results
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox original games on Xbox gold

I believe the original Xbox games that have come through Games with Gold can only be played on the Xbox one and aren't supported on the Xbox 360.
    They are also compatible with the 360.
  6. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Xbox original games on Xbox gold

I believe the original Xbox games that have come through Games with Gold can only be played on the Xbox one and aren't supported on the Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 and original games from Gold - Similar Threads - 360 original games

2. Do original xbox games play only in english under emulation in the xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do original xbox games play only in english under emulation in the xbox 360?: I have Halo and Halo 2 to be played in my xbox 360, and I can't set text or audio language to other than english. a107899b-0fb2-448c-b2ef-048991002236
  3. Running original xbox games in 720p on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Running original xbox games in 720p on Xbox 360: I keep seeing footage of xbox games, in this case Dea or Alive 3, being shown in HD or 720p, but when i run it on my 360 'E' it doesnt look anywhere near as good, lots of low rez jaggies. Is...
  4. Cannot get Original Xbox or Xbox 360 games from Xbox Live Gold due to requiring separate...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Original Xbox or Xbox 360 games from Xbox Live Gold due to requiring separate...: Hi. I've been subscribed to Xbox Live Gold for a good while now, and have noticed that whenever I want to download backwards-compatible games from Gold, I can't do it on my Xbox One. It's the same...
  5. XBOX original game (Jedi Academy) in XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX original game (Jedi Academy) in XBOX 360: Hello. I just download the game Jedi Knight:Jedy Academy as the monthly offer of my xbox live gold subscription. Altough I downloaded it in the original internal hard drive of the console (as...
  6. How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?: I tried to download this month free 360 game (the Lara Croft one) trough the Xbox One store but there was no option, only "see the price". Then I went on the Xbox website but there I could only...
  7. Xbox Original Game won't play on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Original Game won't play on 360: I bought the hard drive. Did the update. But the game still won't work. I checked the 360 list to make sure it was listed as games able to be played and it is. 442e253d-bd3e-4130-a4ec-7811a0b12eea
  8. 360 original games and payments

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 original games and payments: Hello this is my first and only xbox console I ever owned the Xbox account came from the old and now defunct games for windows live service. So the problem I have here is that I want to get conker...
  9. Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download: Bought this game from Microsofts marketplace a few days ago on my Xbox 360. I have communicated to at least 5 support staff. They have had me factory reset the device. Delete OS update reinstall...
  10. Certain Star Wars Xbox Original Games are non-playable on the Xbox 360 do to an unknown issue ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain Star Wars Xbox Original Games are non-playable on the Xbox 360 do to an unknown issue ...: I was so happy last night when I saw these games on the 360 Marketplace for a relatively cheap price. I wish I knew then what I know now.... I also purchased both KOTOR games. Apparently at one...