Xbox 360 and original games from Gold

Discus and support Xbox 360 and original games from Gold in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how I can get one of the free backward compatability games on the Live Gold promotion. I just want to get republic commando but... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Corno23, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Corno23
    Corno23 Guest

Can anyone tell me how I can get one of the free backward compatability games on the Live Gold promotion. I just want to get republic commando but every time I try to get it, it tells me my account can’t make this kind of purchase from the console and
    to go to the website. But on the website it tells me to go to the console to do it. What should I do?

:)

Corno23, Mar 15, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there ObiWan!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get Republic Commando.

This could be happening because of the
    Xbox Live Status Servic
    e Alert we have currently affecting our platforms, so I would suggest trying after it has been resolved.

After it has been, see if you can try again or if you can try online at Xbox.com after signing in.
    I'm not sure if you have or not, but I think it might be best for you to try the claim for this game off of a 360 console instead. This being because the 360
    consolecan communicate better with
    360 marketplace
    than the XboxOne, that has to access it through an emulator.

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped resolve the issue.

Thanks!
  3. Smwutches Win User

That message can also come up if you're on a child account. Due to restrictions on child accounts, they can only make purchases for backwards compatible titles on a 360 console.
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

for 360 content a valid payment option needs to be available on the Microsoft Account as verification for the purchase, it will not be charged. The payment option needs to match the account region. The account region/country can be found on this link:

https://live.xbox.com/Account/BillingAccountInformation

So be sure to check if all is set up correctly and account, payment option and console region (on Xbox One) are set to the same country

Side note: a trial subscription will not work to acquire Xbox 360 Games with Gold games only a normal (paid) subscription will.

Let us know the results
  5. Smwutches Win User

Xbox original games on Xbox gold

I believe the original Xbox games that have come through Games with Gold can only be played on the Xbox one and aren't supported on the Xbox 360.
    They are also compatible with the 360.
  6. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

Xbox original games on Xbox gold

I believe the original Xbox games that have come through Games with Gold can only be played on the Xbox one and aren't supported on the Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 and original games from Gold - Similar Threads - 360 original games

2. I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get Xbox original games to play on my 360: I have 3 original xbox games that won’t play on my xbox 360. They are all on the list of games that are backwards compatible. I get an error saying the game couldn’t start, try downloading again....
  3. Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?

in XboX Insiders
    Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?: I love the new streaming feature, it’s awesome! But at the moment it’s only limited to Xbox one games. I’m just wondering if in the future we’ll be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games...
  4. Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game: i ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom and when i put it into the console it said the game is not supported on my console. is there a compatibility problem with the s? I've installed the...
  5. Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360: got a 250 GB hard drive 360 slim the Sphinx game downloaded and played the first time now its having problems cost 14 dollars having issues with it now wont download at all tried everything...
  6. Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360: So I came across a problem while trying to play Conker: Live and Reloaded on my Xbox 360. It all Started when I got it and put it in only to find that I didn’t have an Xbox 360 hard drive so I got...
  7. downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded xbox original game won't play on my xbox 360: I downloaded crash bandicoot xbox original game on my xbox 360 it won't start and keep getting a message to download again which i've done 3 times and it still won't work can anyone help...
  8. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?: why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system...
  9. Original Xbox game won't run on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won't run on my Xbox 360: Hello. Another day, another problem. I bought an original Xbox game Project Zero which is said to be compatible with Xbox 360 (it is listed on the official Xbox website). However, when I put the...
  10. Xbox 360 not letting original Xbox game update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 not letting original Xbox game update: So I bought an original Xbox game not too long ago and it says I need to update it in order to support it but its just stuck with a loading screen for an update and nothing is happening. What do I...