XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center

Discus and support XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center Hi, recently i was checking out the media center settings on my xbox360, and out of curiostiy i started the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrTre, May 3, 2014.

1. MrTre
    MrTre Guest

Hi,

recently i was checking out the media center settings on my xbox360, and out of curiostiy i started the configuration of windows media center. But i never completed it, becaus i do not have a media center. Now, everytime i turn my xbox360 on, the first thing
    he askes me is to complete the media center configuration.

How do i turn this off? Couldnt find anything about it on the internet of in the settings pane of my xbox360.

:)

MrTre, May 3, 2014
  2. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    xbox360italy, May 3, 2014
  3. PB7
    PB7 Guest
    Connect the Xbox 360 to Windows Media Center

By pairing the Xbox 360 with Windows Media Center you can stream movies, music, pictures, and media. Connecting the 360 with your Windows Media Center is actually very easy see below. Official site directions

NOTE: If you were previously using your Xbox 360 with a Windows Media Center XP Based PC, you will need to remove the existing connection.

To remove an existing xp account
    • [1]On the Windows XP Media Center PC
      [2]Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Media Center, and then click Media Center Extender Manager.
      [3]Select your Xbox 360 and click Properties.
      [4]Click Remove.
      [5]Click Yes to confirm removal.
    On the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC

1. Click Start, Windows Media Center.
    2. Select Task, Settings.
    3. Select Extender.
    4. Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.
    5. Select Uninstall.
    On Xbox 360

1. On Xbox 360, go to My Xbox and then System Settings, then select Computers.
    2. Select Windows Media Center, and then press the A button.
    3. Select Disconnect.
    4. Press the B button until you return back to the System Settings.
    If you didn't have to remove a previous connection start here.

STEP 1
    1. Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360
    2. Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center. Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.
    STEP 2
    Add Extender
    1. At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.
    2. Select Tasks, Add Extender.
    3. When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.
    4. Complete the Extender setup.

4. MrTre
    MrTre Guest

i found the ''error": under startup options was media center listed as the startup preference. When changing it back to xbox dashboard, it was all fine again XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center :)

MrTre, May 3, 2014
  5. xbox360italy Win User

issues with W.Media Player

6. GMAN990 Win User

Vipre Firewall blocking Xbox from streaming music

7. onyxishere Win User

Media center setup

8. onyxishere Win User

Xbox doesn't see PC - Please help!!

9. DigitalAssassin Win User

Be gone XBOX 360 and hello XBOX ONE...HA HA !

Thema:

1. XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center - Similar Threads - 360 Windows Media

2. opening and connecting windows media center on my X-box 360 console

in XBoX Accessibility
    opening and connecting windows media center on my X-box 360 console: how do I open and connect windows media center onto my X box 360 console? af351eab-c58b-4780-bd9c-106619133601
  3. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360 Hi, I am unable to start the PC software configuration on my Windows 10 for Xbox 360. The Xbox is giving a key that...
  4. Windows 10 and xbox 360 media centre

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 and xbox 360 media centre: Hi For many years I've been using Windows Media Centre with my Xbox 360. From Vista then Windows 7 then Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre I looked at play to on Windows 8.1 first. It was a pain...
  5. Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to stream video's from windows 8.1 PC to Xbox 360 without windows media center: I've been trying to get my windows 8.1 PC to stream video's to my Xbox 360 and Im finding the only way possible is with Windows Media Center. This was not included with my PC when I bought it...
  6. Windows Media Center Rage (xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Media Center Rage (xbox 360): basically it was working great until about a month ago, now it refuses to connect to my 360 and i have tried re connecting the extender and it keeps coming up with configuration error, i have...
  7. No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?: Hi everyone! So I am getting sick and tired connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv. I've been trying to connect my laptop to the 360 via media servers and it's not working, nor can I download...
  8. Need Set-up help for 360 + Windows Media Center + Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Set-up help for 360 + Windows Media Center + Windows 10 laptop: I would like some help on setting up so my 360 and Windows 10 laptop can play together via WMC, went to xbox.com/pcsetup and clicked on the Setup button but nothing happened...any suggestions??...
  9. Xbox 360 as Windows Media Extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 as Windows Media Extender: Is this still a viable option? I want to "cut the cord" and was looking into building an HTPC. As far as sharing this content with at least 2 other TV's, it appears that used Xbox 360's might be...
  10. Windows Media Center freezes on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Media Center freezes on Xbox 360: Please help. For a couple of days now, when I turn on WMC on my xbox 360, I go to recorded tv and when I try to select a show to wach, WMC freezes. I can not move. I can push the center button...