Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed

Discus and support Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed Remove any device not being used from router 608fcb8a-c5e7-46f6-8cf5-abc09dc03dad Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by jacobantel14, Apr 24, 2019.

1. jacobantel14
    jacobantel14 Guest

Remove any device not being used from router

:)

jacobantel14, Apr 24, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

I would say it's unlikely, but not completely out of the question. The max theoretical speed of 2.4GHz wifi is 240Mbs which is far above the numbers you quoted, but in comparison to what you're getting on 5GHz, which has a theoretical max speed of 1300Mbs,
    the speed difference could explain the discrepency, but not wholly the cause for the discrepency.

The hardware for the Xbox 360 was designed over a decade ago, and the last 360 model (360 E) was implemented 6 years ago, so the NIC could be an older, and thus likely, slower model, which would be the discrepency. The 360 wifi is 802.11 b/g/n, while the
    Xbox One is 802.11 n, so might want to see what connection it's using on your router? 802.11 b or g will be slower than n. I don't remember the speed differences between the two off the top of my head, though.
  3. jacobantel14 Win User

Sorry for my word i put but if someone that has at&t uverse and same problem let me know its weird because its just my xbox 360 not my pc or xbox one could it do with 5ghz and it should use 2.4 ghz not 5ghz??
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

This page here has some steps on troubleshooting slow download speeds. It's not going to solve all the
    problems you might have with your networking, but it will only help. There are a number of factors that can cause varying network speeds between devices. The NIC itself, it's speeds, drivers, ect, wireless connection (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) can vary speeds as
    well, so because other devices have a higher speed, doesn't mean something is inherently wrong with the device.

Let us know if you have any questions or have some speifics in the process that might change any troubleshooting, and we'll be happy to help.
  5. meresidesoldier Win User

Remove any device not being used from router
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Jacob!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums regarding your network speeds. You can always troubleshoot your network by following the steps on the link below.

You can also look into port forwarding your console to see if this helps. Follow the steps provided to you on the following support page to port forward.

If the issue persists and you continue to experience slow speeds then it is possible that this is on the Internet Service Providers side.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed - Similar Threads - 360 bought slow

2. Just bought Psychonauts on the XBOX 360. Can't launch it at all without an error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Psychonauts on the XBOX 360. Can't launch it at all without an error.: I bought the game Psychonauts from the xbox 360 store. I've heard good things about it and wanted to play it myself. Ive tried updating my xbox, burning an update to a cd and putting it in, but...
  3. Is it possible to transfer the DLC I bought from the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer the DLC I bought from the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to my...: I bought a ton of skin packs, texture packs, and mash-up packs on the Xbox 360 edition of the game. Is there any way I can transfer the DLC to the Switch version of the game?...
  4. Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded: So, the title pretty much says it all. I bought a game as online download, but it is not being downloaded. I restarted the console. It is connected to the internet. Nothing. And BTW, where is the...
  5. Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...: What can i do to reset the code??? 973ced9b-b99b-4505-94da-748192adee9c
  6. bought the game pes 2019....is it for xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought the game pes 2019....is it for xbox 360: bought the game pes 2019....is it for xbox 360 e19899b3-abbd-41eb-8960-045c0a5d128c
  7. I bought Castlevania:SOTN years ago on 360. XBoxOne says I do not own it and have to rebuy it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Castlevania:SOTN years ago on 360. XBoxOne says I do not own it and have to rebuy it.: As the subject says, I can play Symphony of the Night at any time on my xbox360 whether it is connected to internet or not as I bought it years ago, but when I try to find it on my XBoxOne it says...
  8. I bought Minecraft:Xbox 360 Edition but I want it on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft:Xbox 360 Edition but I want it on PC: Hi, I recently realised that some years ago I bought Minecraft:Xbox 360 Edition on my console. After a few years I bought a better computer and I would like my game on PC. It isn't in my locker...
  9. Kupiłem zablokowaną konsolę Xbox 360. PROSZĘ O POMOC! (I bought a locked Xbox 360 console....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kupiłem zablokowaną konsolę Xbox 360. PROSZĘ O POMOC! (I bought a locked Xbox 360 console....: Witam. Kilka miesięcy temu zakupiłem przerobioną konsolę xbox 360 ponieważ kosztowała niewiele i miała fajne gry. Zakupiłem ją od osoby prywatnej. Nie było problemu. Grałem w gry i się cieszyłem....
  10. On my twice account i bought a terraria on xbox 360 and i dont have it on xbox one why?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my twice account i bought a terraria on xbox 360 and i dont have it on xbox one why?...: im smart person so i dont post my phone number etc. feafbcab-8070-4404-8c34-7bb35d8d92b3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 slow download