xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video

Discus and support xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my 360 is about 4-5 years old ( don't quote me on that. I'm horrible with time) I mainly played Minecraft on it and mostly played it in my basement. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jeremiahmayo, Sep 28, 2019.

1. jeremiahmayo
    jeremiahmayo Guest

my 360 is about 4-5 years old ( don't quote me on that. I'm horrible with time) I mainly played Minecraft on it and mostly played it in my basement. I have since moved, didn't play it for a year, and I tried to move it from the living room to my brother's
    bedroom. a few of the contacts (those thin strips of copper) inside my HDMI port got bent or just broke in half. now when I connect to my tv, the Xbox power button does the normal light pattern that it does when it's connected to a tv/monitor, the controllers
    connect to the Xbox, and I can navigate through the Xbox menus, except the tv shows no signal and puts out no audio. I'm broke, I don't have an AV cord, and the Xbox is my dad's, so I need solutions that don't involve paying for anything, sending it to anyone
    for repairs, but do involve repairs that you do yourself.

Thanks

:)

jeremiahmayo, Sep 28, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there jeremiahmayo,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Xbox forums for this issue with your 360. If your HDMI port on the console is no longer working or broken, then the console would need to be repaired. Sadly, we no longer perform repairs on the Xbox 360 consoles.

I'd also like to remind you of the
    Xbox Forums Guidelines
    regarding talk about self repair:

22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the 'Terms Of Use'. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or
    'chipping' your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate.
    This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.

As such, we'll be locking the thread at this time. If you have any other questions, concerns or issues in future, please feel free to come back and post on the forums as we'd be glad to help.

Thanks again for posting and happy gaming.
  3. Unreal Warfare Win User

Speaker Solution NEEDED!

Looks like it has an audio out. If you plug the Xbox One up to it via HDMI (unlike DVI, HDMI carries audio signals as well as video signals) you can use the audio out to plug it up to an amplifier or a set of PC speakers, etc.

If it doesn't have an audio out port then sell it and buy a monitor with an audio out port.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI Cable Trouble ...

Analog and HDMI video cannot be output at the same time. The only AV port device that fits in the console when an HDMI cable is attached is the HDMI AV kit audio adapter. That adapter's no longer needed as the 360 S has an optical out port.

If conventional left/right analog audio is required, use a digital to analog audio converter.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works fine.

Hi, if you swap the hdmi connections over on the tv so the xbox 360 uses input 1 and the xbox one uses input 2 do you then get audio from the xbox 360 and not the xbox one ?

Some hdmi inputs only accept the video signal and not the audio which would explain why you only get audio from whichever device is connected to the hdmi port on the tv which accepts both video and audio.
  6. i Souperb Win User

Audio problems on DVDs played through Xbox

Thema:

1. xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video - Similar Threads - 360 busted hdmi

2. Can't redeem 360 GWG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem 360 GWG: Hi there, been unable to redeem any of the Xbox 360 games with gold for the past two months. I can login just fine on the website, clicking on the download button works as well, the issue is after...
  3. Problems redeem the game with gold xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems redeem the game with gold xbox 360: I have trouble redeeming ninja gaiden 3 kings. The same thing happened with Ghost Recon 2 advanced warfighter. When I go to the store from xbox it tells me Sorry, but on the site the last step is...
  4. xbox 360 storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 storage space: Hello My xbox 360 is asking me to update. When I throw it she tells me that there is not enough free space in the storage space. So I will try to see if I can make room on the storage space....
  5. Timer on XBox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Timer on XBox 360: There is a timer on my XBox 360, and i cant get it off. What do i do to get it off my XBox 360? a5cd18a5-7cd5-4a2e-9590-8a85a6048166
  6. Games with Gold -on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold -on Xbox 360: Games with Gold on 360 Does anyone know why Tekken Tag 2 didn't show as the 2nd 360 free game for me mine show Ms Splosion Man it’s happened a few months back where I got The Maw on 4 separate...
  7. xbox 360 arcade games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 arcade games: Hey guys, back in the day I downloaded some awsome arcade games like turtles, but when I look in the shop now they are gone.. I still paid for them though I heard you could download them if you...
  8. Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought new 360, initial update deleted all my saved data on thumb drive: Hi, I just replaced my old 360 with a slim. It was wearing out and had no wifi anyway. I transferred my files from old hard drive onto thumb drive. Plugged it into new 360. Everything was there....
  9. Disney Plus app not showing for Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney Plus app not showing for Xbox 360.: I already subscribed for Disney Plus. I have just seen Xbox One listed for the app. I have Xbox 360, why isn't Xbox 360 listed for getting the app? If I could afford a Xbox one I would get one. I...
  10. SERVICE ALERT!! Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    SERVICE ALERT!! Xbox 360: I have this problem since last year I tried everything and could not solve someone can help me? 0a3e1ef4-2b54-4a2c-8fd3-98ff4da7faa9