xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video

Discus and support xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my 360 is about 4-5 years old ( don't quote me on that. I'm horrible with time) I mainly played Minecraft on it and mostly played it in my basement. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jeremiahmayo, Sep 28, 2019.

1. jeremiahmayo
    jeremiahmayo Guest

my 360 is about 4-5 years old ( don't quote me on that. I'm horrible with time) I mainly played Minecraft on it and mostly played it in my basement. I have since moved, didn't play it for a year, and I tried to move it from the living room to my brother's
    bedroom. a few of the contacts (those thin strips of copper) inside my HDMI port got bent or just broke in half. now when I connect to my tv, the Xbox power button does the normal light pattern that it does when it's connected to a tv/monitor, the controllers
    connect to the Xbox, and I can navigate through the Xbox menus, except the tv shows no signal and puts out no audio. I'm broke, I don't have an AV cord, and the Xbox is my dad's, so I need solutions that don't involve paying for anything, sending it to anyone
    for repairs, but do involve repairs that you do yourself.

Thanks

:)

jeremiahmayo, Sep 28, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there jeremiahmayo,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Xbox forums for this issue with your 360. If your HDMI port on the console is no longer working or broken, then the console would need to be repaired. Sadly, we no longer perform repairs on the Xbox 360 consoles.

I'd also like to remind you of the
    Xbox Forums Guidelines
    regarding talk about self repair:

22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the 'Terms Of Use'. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or
    'chipping' your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate.
    This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.

As such, we'll be locking the thread at this time. If you have any other questions, concerns or issues in future, please feel free to come back and post on the forums as we'd be glad to help.

Thanks again for posting and happy gaming.
  3. Unreal Warfare Win User

Speaker Solution NEEDED!

Looks like it has an audio out. If you plug the Xbox One up to it via HDMI (unlike DVI, HDMI carries audio signals as well as video signals) you can use the audio out to plug it up to an amplifier or a set of PC speakers, etc.

If it doesn't have an audio out port then sell it and buy a monitor with an audio out port.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI Cable Trouble ...

Analog and HDMI video cannot be output at the same time. The only AV port device that fits in the console when an HDMI cable is attached is the HDMI AV kit audio adapter. That adapter's no longer needed as the 360 S has an optical out port.

If conventional left/right analog audio is required, use a digital to analog audio converter.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works fine.

Hi, if you swap the hdmi connections over on the tv so the xbox 360 uses input 1 and the xbox one uses input 2 do you then get audio from the xbox 360 and not the xbox one ?

Some hdmi inputs only accept the video signal and not the audio which would explain why you only get audio from whichever device is connected to the hdmi port on the tv which accepts both video and audio.
  6. i Souperb Win User

Audio problems on DVDs played through Xbox

Thema:

1. xbox 360, busted hdmi port, plays like normal but has no audio or video - Similar Threads - 360 busted hdmi

2. Ayuda para sacar un logro de gears 1 (xbox 360)logro en serio[Translation-Help to take a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ayuda para sacar un logro de gears 1 (xbox 360)logro en serio[Translation-Help to take a...: El requisito para el logro es matar 10000 entonces me an dicho q solo se pueden sacar en zona de guerra y ejecucion entonces la pregunta es porque si tengo 11000 kills en ejecucion a un no me lo...
  3. Jogos da franquia star Wars não inicia no Xbox 360[Translation-Star Wars franchise games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jogos da franquia star Wars não inicia no Xbox 360[Translation-Star Wars franchise games...: Boa tarde estou tendo problemas com todos os jogos da franquia Star Wars nenhum inicia, pede pra refazer o download mas nada resolve, alguma ajuda Obrigado [Translation-Good afternoon I'm having...
  4. Xbox 360, COD Modern Warfare 2 map packs don't show as purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360, COD Modern Warfare 2 map packs don't show as purchased: Long time xbox 360/one, one x owner. I recently pulled my Fat Falcon 360 out of the closet to set up in different room than my one x. The console has been wiped, and set up as new, including...
  5. Vibration on wireless speed wheel Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vibration on wireless speed wheel Xbox 360.: Hello. My wireless steering wheel has no vibration. I tested it with nfs undercover. The item works very well but vibration is missing. I've updated the console and put vibration on menu ( game...
  6. Issues with Xbox 360 connecting to my mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Xbox 360 connecting to my mobile hotspot: My xbox 360 e console has the built in network adapter already and I have been using my hotspot for months with no issues. Now all of a sudden it tells me it can’t connect. It gives me the options...
  7. Can't login into my account when I play Xbox 360 games in Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't login into my account when I play Xbox 360 games in Xbox one: I changed my gamer tag in Xbox one recently so in order to play backwards compatible games I have to download my profile again. The problem is that my password its too long and I can't log in to...
  8. how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

in XboX Networking Hardware
    how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc: how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc Unfortunately, Windows Media Center was removed from Windows 10, and you will not be able to connect your XBox...
  9. Have done everything but factory reset my Xbox 360 and still can't get starwars...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have done everything but factory reset my Xbox 360 and still can't get starwars...: Still can't get original starwars battlefront to launch after downloading from live gold for my Xbox 360 done everything but factory reset and it's getting upsetting...
  10. Senha família resetar como faz Xbox 360[Translation-Family password reset as xbox 360 does]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Senha família resetar como faz Xbox 360[Translation-Family password reset as xbox 360 does]: Meu filho fez a senha família do Xbox 360 e eu não consigo mais acessar meus jogos pede a senha ninguém sabe a senha do console família Alguém pode me ajudar * Moved from MSN [Translation-My son...