Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error

Discus and support Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What happened: we went on holiday for a week, leaving all gadgets at home unplugged from the mains electricity. When we got back, the Xbox 360 could no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GarethHarper, Jun 3, 2019.

1. GarethHarper
    GarethHarper Guest

What happened: we went on holiday for a week, leaving all gadgets at home unplugged from the mains electricity. When we got back, the Xbox 360 could no longer log on to Xbox Live. All our other gadgets can connect to the internet as normal using a mix
    of wired and wireless connections.

The router is a Zyxel VMG1312-B10D.

The Xbox 360 error messages are as follows.

When selecting an account to log on to Xbox Live, the Xbox 360 responds with:

Your console can't connect to Xbox Live.

8015190E

I then tried testing the Xbox live connection using the Xbox 360.

This reports that the Xbox 360 can connect to the home network, but "can't connect to internet".

Suggestion 1 says MTU error and recommends unplugging the router/modem from the power for 5 minutes. Suggestion 2 says MTU error: visit www.xbox.com/mtu-help for more help.

I tried both suggestions. www.xbox.com/mtu-help doesn't exist any more. I found several recommendations on-line that say Xbox Live requires an MTU set between 1364 minimum and 1492 maximum. I checked my router: it had MTU set to 1458.

I looked for help on-line including using the troubleshooting guide here <https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/connection-error-solution> and followed recommendations to do these things:

1) Turn on Universal PnP - I had already done this when we got the Xbox 360, and UPnP was still turned on when I checked.

Specifically, the router settings for: UPnP and UPnP NAT-T are both enabled. It says that "UPnP NAT-T only works when NAT is enable" (yes, "enable" not "enabled").

When I look at the UPnP setting on my router, it reports an Xbox at IP address
    [mod removed personal information] with a connection: external port and internal port 3074, protocol UDP.

2) Try a wired home network connection: I plugged the Xbox 360 into the home Ethernet and told the Xbox 360 to use it.

3) Reset the Xbox 360 network settings using Network settings: Restore To Factory Defaults.

4) Clear the Xbox 360 cache.

5) Set manual firewall rules to open up the ports listed here:

<https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live>

6) Set NAT to do port mapping like this using the appropriate IP address (192.168.1.233 in this case):

: Start : End : Map
    Description : Protocol : port : port : port

Xbox 360 TCP 53 53 53
    Xbox 360 UDP 53 53 53
    Xbox 360 UDP 88 88 88
    Xbox 360 TCP 3074 3074 3074
    Xbox 360 UDP 3074 3074 3074

7) Put the Xbox 360's IP in the DMZ of my router.

I tried all the above suggestions, and after making the last changes powered off the router/modem and Xbox 360 both. I left the router/modem for the recommended five minutes, then plugged in and powered up the Xbox 360 again. The Xbox 360 still can't
    connect to the Internet.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

:)

GarethHarper, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error - Similar Threads - 360 can't connect

2. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to internet.: Recently we had a problem where our Xbox 360 could no longer log on to XBox live. The problem has come back. I'd appreciate suggestions on what I might try to get things working properly. The...
  3. Can't Connect To Online On "360" Through Backwards Compatibility On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect To Online On "360" Through Backwards Compatibility On Xbox One: Hey there, I'm online on Xbox One, able to download games no problem. When I go to play Banjo Kazooie it wouldn't connect online. I was getting the 80151901 error...
  4. XBOX 360 can't connect to xboxlive.com anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 can't connect to xboxlive.com anymore: Hello to all, started having trouble with an update first with the following error code: Error xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2746 I've ressettet everything, formatted the hard drive, but the problem...
  5. Can't Connect Xbox 360 to AT&T Hotspot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Connect Xbox 360 to AT&T Hotspot: We have been connecting our Xbox to the Internet using AT&T Hotspot on our phones for over a year. Yesterday out of nowhere, we can't connect now. Network connection test fails between hotspot and...
  6. Can't connect to Xbox live after update on 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to Xbox live after update on 360: It says there are no issues with Xbox service online but on my Xbox 360 it's connected to internet but won't connect to services. I just switched on and updated and now no connection. My Xbox one...
  7. My son can't connect to the XBox 360 since he enabled 2-factor authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the XBox 360 since he enabled 2-factor authentication: After my suggestion, my son enabled two-factor authentication on his Live account. Now, he undusted the Xbox 360 and wanted to connect. Because it does not support two-factor authentication, he...
  8. My Xbox 360 can't connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to live: My Xbox 360 slim that I owned for 6+ years keeps asking me to update. I try to update it but it displays a status code. "4476-0000-3080-0505-8007-0070" I have tried to format my internal storage...
  9. Can't connect to Live on Xbox 360 through Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Live on Xbox 360 through Xbox one: I can play multiplayer games and go on live on the Xbox one itself fine. However, I can't connect to xbox live on the 360 through my xbox one. I sign in offline and when I press the "connect to...
  10. [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one: I've seen lots of variants of this question but haven't had success with the answers I've found so far. I'm trying to play Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox one. I had some trouble getting a profile...