Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I replaced my failing xbox 360 controller I use to play games on PC, the new controller will not connect to the receiver, but the old controller that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GaSN, Jan 17, 2019.

1. GaSN
    GaSN Guest

I replaced my failing xbox 360 controller I use to play games on PC, the new controller will not connect to the receiver, but the old controller that is not working properly still will connect. I have taken the batteries out of
    the old broken controller so it won't interfere, followed all support suggestions on microsoft.com, and I tried all the possible different driver installations, and it still does not connect to the receiver.

:)

2. Mister Maka Win User

Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1 (Model: 1028) to use with XBOX 360 wireless controller

Heya LORD LWAJDI!

That particular receiver is for use with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mice. I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless controller with it. In order to connect a wireless controller you would need to purchase the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
    for PC.
  3. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Play and Charge for windows

4. WPAK Win User

connexion en bluetooth d'une manette Xbox 360 a un pc *Mod Translation: Bluetooth connection of an Xbox 360 controller has a PC*

Web translation:

bluetooth connection of an Xbox 360 controller to a pc

hello, I bought an Xbox 360 controller for my pc, the seller certified me that it will work or I can not connect to bluetooth, there is no cable for the connected I made
    the update of the Windows software, and still nothing since yesterday afternoon I ended up losing patience.
    Thanks for your help

Response:

Hi there,

in order to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a PC you will require a wireless receiver, the 360 controllers do not support bluetooth.
    Please see this link for the exact steps on how to use a 360 controller and wireless receiver on a PC:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
  5. maxen Win User

Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

Hi, you need the USB receiver to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC. But since the wireless receiver has been discontinued, the only option is to purchase a controller that can connect via Bluetooth or with a wire
    instead.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver - Similar Threads - 360 controller connection

2. Xbox 360 wireless controller blinks twice and do not connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller blinks twice and do not connect: Kontroler z 360 blyska 2 razy i nie łączy? Co zrobić [Translation - The controller from 360 flash 2 times and does not connect? What to do] e8dc6dab-034a-49e7-9a52-97743e066bd0
  3. Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???: I have attempted to plug in my Xbox 360 controller into my PC. However, the system says, "Unkown Device: Driver is Unavailable". I have 4 ports on my PC for USB and all result in the same message...
  4. Connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your mobile with a bluetooth

in XBoX on Mobile
    Connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your mobile with a bluetooth: Hey, I was wondering how exactly I'm supposed to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my Samsung Galaxy S8. 7d2a7f8f-cfa3-4426-9ea6-2050fe9ea88d
  5. Xbox 360 controller not connected on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller not connected on PC: I recently bought a xbox 360 controller. When I plugged it into my laptop, windows 10 noticed a new device. When I use game controller tester, the app found no controller. When I opened device...
  6. I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc: I have a 2 in 1 charge and play while charging power lead but I cannot get my pc to recognise that the controllers are connected. I have followed all the steps on the microsoft and xbox websites,...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10: Hello. I need some help on this issue. I have been trying to connect my controller to my Inspiron ONE2330 (which is a Windows 10 Home desktop, 64-bit, powered by DELL) and is not working. I have...
  8. Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop: I want to connect my old Xbox 360 controller to my laptop. The controller itself is wireless. I know I can purchase the wireless receiver but I want to know if I could use a controller charging...
  9. Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.: I'm attempting to connect my xbox 360 xplorer controller to my pc. When I plug it in it wont even turn on, nor is it recognized in device manager in any shape or form. Ive tried usb 2.0 and 3.0...
  10. Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...: Short version: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads redirects to Accessories | Xbox One when click the link "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" as well as some other...