Xbox 360 controller not connected on PC

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller not connected on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought a xbox 360 controller. When I plugged it into my laptop, windows 10 noticed a new device. When I use game controller tester, the app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kinginbush, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Kinginbush
    Kinginbush Guest

I recently bought a xbox 360 controller.

When I plugged it into my laptop, windows 10 noticed a new device. When I use game controller tester, the app found no controller.

When I opened device manager, there was no unknown device like in the tutorials online.

When I pressed the button between the start button and the back button on the controller, a red light appeared at number 1.

When I opened game controllers, there was an USB Gamepad not xbox 360 controller. Then I open properties and tested the buttons, they all worked.

I tried playing minesweeper with it but nothing happened.

Can anyone tell me if this controller is real or fake? If it is real, please help me getting to play games.

Thank you very much.

:)

Kinginbush, Feb 3, 2019
  2. RobinNewton2007 Win User

Xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers for pc and xbox one controller drivers for pc windows 10

And its my xbox one controller i want to connect to pc not xbox 360 controller
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  4. gds1972 Win User

xbox one controller on pc

Hi

I don't think it is possible to use the Xbox 360 wireless receiver with an Xbox One controller. If your PC has Bluetooth then it is possible to connect some Xbox One controllers to a PC this way.
  5. XBF Paul M Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  6. mangomatt75 Win User

How to connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to PC

can i use a phone with bluetooth connected to my PC or Console & be able to connect & use my wireless Xbox 360 controller on my PC
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller not connected on PC - Similar Threads - 360 controller connected

2. Connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your mobile with a bluetooth

in XBoX on Mobile
    Connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your mobile with a bluetooth: Hey, I was wondering how exactly I'm supposed to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my Samsung Galaxy S8. 7d2a7f8f-cfa3-4426-9ea6-2050fe9ea88d
  3. I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc: I have a 2 in 1 charge and play while charging power lead but I cannot get my pc to recognise that the controllers are connected. I have followed all the steps on the microsoft and xbox websites,...
  4. Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver: I replaced my failing xbox 360 controller I use to play games on PC, the new controller will not connect to the receiver, but the old controller that is not working properly still will connect. I...
  5. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10: Hello. I need some help on this issue. I have been trying to connect my controller to my Inspiron ONE2330 (which is a Windows 10 Home desktop, 64-bit, powered by DELL) and is not working. I have...
  6. Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop: I want to connect my old Xbox 360 controller to my laptop. The controller itself is wireless. I know I can purchase the wireless receiver but I want to know if I could use a controller charging...
  7. Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Guitar hero xbox 360 xplorer controller won't power on when connected to pc.: I'm attempting to connect my xbox 360 xplorer controller to my pc. When I plug it in it wont even turn on, nor is it recognized in device manager in any shape or form. Ive tried usb 2.0 and 3.0...
  8. Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers ...: Short version: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads redirects to Accessories | Xbox One when click the link "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" as well as some other...
  9. is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?

in XBoX on Windows
    is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?: so ive been looking for a way to connect my xbox 360 guitar controller to my pc so i can use it, but on accident i bought the xbox one wireless receiver, are they compatible? i really hope so....
  10. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84