Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10.

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Apologies for the (partial) rant, but I'm more than a little frustrated that the only way to get support for genuine Microsoft products purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ArtfulSoapDodger, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10.

Hi,

Apologies for the (partial) rant, but I'm more than a little frustrated that the only way to get support for genuine Microsoft products purchased directly from them, is to seek out help on the forums! :/

I have an old Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows, and a 360 controller that up until a Windows update towards the end of last year worked fine. Now my PC won't even acknowledge its insertion into a USB port - no green led, no chime from Windows, no 'unknown device' in DM, nothing.

So I purchased a new Wireless adaptor for Windows 10, which installed drivers correctly, shows in DM, and pairs with my son's XB1 controller perfectly well. The 360 controller also pairs with an old 360 console perfectly well. I cannot get the 360 controller to pair with my PC using this adaptor. I have a horrible suspicion, that after bricking my old dongle with an update, 360/XB1 wireless controllers are not compatible, despite the accessory box stating its "for use with Xbox controllers".

I've already spent £20 on a new adaptor, I sincerely hope I won't need to spend another £50 on a a controller.......

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks all for your help.

:)

ArtfulSoapDodger, Jul 21, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

About your problem, I ask you to try the solution below on your computer.

Connect your adapter to one of your computer's USB ports and then look for device manager on your PC, then look for the term other devices the adapter will be recognized as an unknown driver, click on it and then tap on update driver.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Turtle Beach headset

If somebody has the Xbox One controller wireless adaptor for the PC, maybe they can check if that works on the Xbox One? It's a long shot, but hopefully somebody can try it out and get back to you. The adaptor has a pair button on it.
  4. GmOasis Win User

Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi. my windows 10 and xbox one wireless controller are updated. same issue cant connect wirelessly and windows pairs even when my controller is turned off/not even plugged to laptop. :(
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

How to pair an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC with the new XBOX Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry, I think there has been some major confusion here. The Wireless Gaming Adaptor for Windows 10, can only be used with a Xbox One controller. It
    can not be used for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. This because the 360 controller uses a different wireless protocol.

Microsoft used to make the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming receiver, but it was discontinued many years ago. You can buy third party unofficial ones from sites such as eBay quite cheaply though.

Note that if you choose to buy an Xbox One controller instead, the latest Xbox One controllers now fully support Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.
  6. Pcdok2ren Win User

speed wheel for xbox 360

hi I bought a second hand speed wheel for o xbox 360 and it did not come with the disc to load it can I pair it with out the software download it
    What model of the steering wheel are you trying to sync up with a xbox 360?.

Are You BLIND..?

The user CLEARLY wrote it's a (Microsoft product the XBOX 360 Wireless) SPEED WHEEL. .

As far as I know that is the ONLY 'Speed Wheel' for XBOX 360) I ever heard about..

And I am ALSO angry with MUchoCost (MS) for NOT making the Windows 10 driver for this WIRELESS controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel) compatible like they do for the MS XBOX 360 original wireless controllers, that connect to Windows 10 via the EXCATLY
    SAME WIRELESS ADAPTER for PC, which makes NO SENSE..
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller not pairing with wireless adaptor for Windows 10. - Similar Threads - 360 controller pairing

2. xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working: xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working the game pad working on all games but vibration not working on games but working in (Game Controler Tester ) app on windows 10 and...
  3. xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working: the game pad working on all games but vibration not working on games but working in (Game Controler Tester ) app on windows 10 and not switch with (Xbox Accsseories ) app pleese help [img]...
  4. Xbox 360 Controller Right Trigger (RT) has very slow reaction time.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller Right Trigger (RT) has very slow reaction time.: The reaction time of the RT button in my Xbox 360 controller is unbelievably slow. Here's a demonstration of what's happening with the website https://gamepad-tester.com :...
  5. Xbox 360 Controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Controller: So when I'm playing black-ops 1/2 it'll randomly shoot without me pressing RT. I had gotten the controller around a week or 2 before this started happening, and it started whilst playing the...
  6. Controller connection on Xbox 360 without previously paired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller connection on Xbox 360 without previously paired controller: I recently decided to use my Xbox 360 again and I wanted to play a game that required a controller (obviously), but I lost my controller and I’ve given up on finding it. Is there a way for me to...
  7. remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360: Hi,i cant connect up my official headset it goes to 2 when the xbox 360 and controller stay on 1 i have tried other official earpiece and they just go to 3 or 4 but not 1 any ideas whats happening...
  8. Xbox 360 controller no longer pairs to wireless receiver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller no longer pairs to wireless receiver for windows 10: I have a wireless receiver, identical to this one here, but black. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LAAWMSW?pf_rd_p=05326fd5-c43e-4948-99b1-a65b129fdd73&pf_rd_r=R10W6GHMMMJ9M5VMT5EQ i've been...
  9. Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter: Hello! I was told I would be able to use my Xbox 360 controller with the Xbox One Adapter for Windows. Today I received it and paired my Xbox One controller successfully but the Xbox 360 won't...
  10. How to pair an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC with the new XBOX Wireless Adaptor for ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to pair an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC with the new XBOX Wireless Adaptor for ...: I contacted your online chat services and was told that these two devices could be paired together. However I have searched and not found a single piece of evidence saying they can. Here is the...