XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10

Discus and support XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired xbox 360 USB controller, I plug it in to my windows 10 machine (ive tried different USB ports) and it doesnt work in any games. I found... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulBappoo, Aug 15, 2022.

1. PaulBappoo
    PaulBappoo Guest

I have a wired xbox 360 USB controller, I plug it in to my windows 10 machine (ive tried different USB ports) and it doesnt work in any games.

I found that it was appearing as a USB input Device under Human Interface Devices in the device manager. I tried updating the drivers but that didnt help.

My win 10 is fully up to date and other usb devices work fine in the same USB port.

The controller lights up when plugged in.

I'm feeling that windows is recognising it as a device but not an xbox 360 controller, but I really dont know what I should be expecting to see. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

:)

PaulBappoo, Aug 15, 2022
  2. RahulPatel854 Win User

Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  4. SilentParasite Win User

Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?

I am not 100% sure about your controller but you can get a 360 controller to work, here is the link if you need it.

Xbox 360 controller on windows 10

Hope this helps.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

Xbox 360 controls do not have a compatibility with windows computers. it is better to use a cboc one control that has a bluetooth connection.
    Yes they do. Any controller that has that uses Xinput will work on Windows 10 that includes Xbox 360 controllers.
  6. denis97g Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless controller not working on Windows 10

Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 360 Controller working

2. How do I get the Xbox 360 wired controller to work on windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the Xbox 360 wired controller to work on windows 11?: I am attempting to play some older games on my system and would like to use the xbox 360 controller with them. However, I am encountering an error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)...
  3. Xbox 360 controller won't work after starting a game PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't work after starting a game PC: I had this controller for a long while, untill recently a few weeks ago i started having this issue. Everytime i start a game, the controller won't budge at all or it will stop working after a...
  4. Xbox 360 Controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Controller not working: Hi there, I have been trying to connect my X-Box controller (by cable) for days without success... Even though the controller is properly showing up in the device manager and as a device in...
  5. X-box 360 controler (wired) flashing and not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-box 360 controler (wired) flashing and not working: Hey, my brother recently gifted me a x-box 360 controller. It worken for some time, but after a month it suddently stopped. When I plug the controller into my computer, it flashes once on player...
  6. Xbox 360 Controller Drivers Not Working As Intended

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Controller Drivers Not Working As Intended: Hello, My 360 controller is not recognized by my PC when its plugged in. When viewing my controller's driver under device managers it says that it is not working properly specifically that it...
  7. New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?: Hello, My new Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with my Xbox 360 S! I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that are on the Xbox and Microsoft websites but still cannot get it...
  8. Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.: I have an Xbox 360 controller connected by USB to a Windows 10 PC. Edition Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1237 The controller shows up in Device Manager and appears to be working...
  9. Xbox 360 controller not working on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working on Windows 10: I want to connect an Xbox 360 controller to my Windows 10 PC via the USB cable. I have updated the driver via device manager, disabled and enabled the driver via device manager and uninstalled and...
  10. Wired Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox 360 controller not working: Hy, recently i got myself a xbox 360 s at a yard sale. After booting it up and trying the wired controller that i got with it i ran in to some problems: -i can't use the wired controller i got...