XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc

Discus and support XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Downloaded a game but when I start playing it, a Game Error appears and states "This disc is unreadable". Clean it and restart. - I bought then... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pepe12CD, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Pepe12CD
    Pepe12CD Guest

Downloaded a game but when I start playing it, a Game Error appears and states "This disc is unreadable". Clean it and restart. - I bought then downloaded the game. I don't need a disc right?

:)

Pepe12CD, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Pepe12CD Win User

Hi,

I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I have an Xbox 360 which I purchase in 2017 that has a hard drive with 207 GB free
  3. Pepe12CD Win User

Thanks! Problem solved:)
  4. Koods Win User

If you're trying to play it on an Xbox One then it will look for the medium which it was installed from - so while it downloads a digital version it still looks for verification on the disc first, if this is the situation I'd recommend uninstalling it
    then reinstalling.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Probably a few bad sectors on the hard drive, which means it will likely need a replacement soon.

Try:

• Delete the game.
    • Download something else, doesn't matter what you choose, but a few large demo's from the Xbox Store if you can find them should be good enough.
    • When the demo's have downloaded, re-download your MW2 game again. Do not delete the demo's before starting the MW2 download. If there is something wrong with the hard drive, your game will now be located on a different part of the hard drive. Once MW2 has
      installed you can remove the demo's.

If the above works great, however it would also indicate that the hard drive in your Xbox 360 is failing and needs a replacement.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Can you please tell us what game you have purchased please? Is this on an Xbox 360 console?

As for the "This disc is unreadable" error, this is not to be taken literally. This is an issue reading content, but the reason the console gives a disc error is due in no small part to the Xbox 360 Operating system being rather limited.

The 360 was never programmed with specific error messages for problems reading content downloaded/installed to hard drives or storage devices. When it encounters an issue it displays the only error message it can, the aforementioned "This disc is unreadable"
    error.

Please tell us:

What game you've purchased.

What storage device your console has.

How old your console is.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc - Similar Threads - 360 digital game

2. Request to Relist some Xbox 360 Digital Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request to Relist some Xbox 360 Digital Games: Hi I want to complete my xbox 360 digital library, but some games are delisted from xbox store 007: Quantum of Solace Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Blur Driver San Francisco El Shaddai:...
  3. Xbox 360 digitally purchased games list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 digitally purchased games list: Is there any way to see every digital Xbox 360 game purchase that was made by my account? Okay, I bought some Xbox 360's second hand recently and I want to download some of the digital Xbox 360...
  4. Xbox 360 disc games on Xbox One S All Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc games on Xbox One S All Digital: So I bought the Xbox One S All digital and I thought I would be able to play my old xbox 360 games on it but the backwards compatible games that I own on disc don't seem to register with my...
  5. I cant download some digital games to my XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant download some digital games to my XBOX 360: Long ago i bought three digital games in the xbox store on my XBox 360 system. They where Gears of War 3, Assassins Creed Black Flag and Call of Duty Black ops. When trying to download them now,...
  6. Not letting me digitally install 360 games

in XboX Insiders
    Not letting me digitally install 360 games: So i was gonna buy a game on xbox one x (sonic generations to be exact) it only said "see the price" so i was confused but i clicked it anyways and it says "Sonic generations features xbox one...
  7. Anyone having problems with Call of Duty: MW2- Xbox 360 (digital game) on Xbox one X?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having problems with Call of Duty: MW2- Xbox 360 (digital game) on Xbox one X?: I'm trying to play Spec-Ops, multiplayer online, and campaign. But it won't let me start the game properly. There's a weird static sound, game gets stuck when opening multiplayer modes, and...
  8. Digital Xbox 360 game not downloading at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Xbox 360 game not downloading at all.: First of all, this is not a "hard drive error" or a "usb drive error" i tried both none work at all. So I got a code for forza horizon for the 360 on eBay and it worked but whenever i download...
  9. No incia juego digital BLACK xbox 360[BLACK xbox 360 digital game does not start]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No incia juego digital BLACK xbox 360[BLACK xbox 360 digital game does not start]: Hola buenas noches comunidad les comento compre el juego BLACK para XBOX 360 por microsoft store , lo descargue cm 7 veces por que no me inicia ni me sale el logo del juego , cuando lo abro me...
  10. I can’t buy Xbox 360 digital game, because I have a wrong country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t buy Xbox 360 digital game, because I have a wrong country: Hi, everybody! I need your help. When we moved Estonia to Australia, then we started to play Xbox 360. When we started to play free game called Kinect party for 10 minutes, the game asks to buy...