Xbox 360 discs doesn't work on my Xbox One.

Discus and support Xbox 360 discs doesn't work on my Xbox One. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I wish to play some of my old Xbox 360 who are backward compatible : CoD MW3, CoD Black Ops and CoD Black Ops II. The problem is : When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Varog, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Varog
    Varog Guest

Hello,

I wish to play some of my old Xbox 360 who are backward compatible : CoD MW3, CoD Black Ops and CoD Black Ops II.

The problem is :

When I inserted the disc, they asked to download an update. So I did it. But now (and with the 3 games), it's impossible to launch them, even with the "Blu-Ray player" app ...

Any idea ?

Thank you all.

:)

Varog, Sep 6, 2019
  2. A Virtual Duck Win User

WILL YOU GUYS EVER MAKE 360 GAMES COMPATIBLE WITH THE XBOX ONE???

Apparently if it runs games it must be exactly the same, amirite?

-

WHY CAN'T I PUT MY XBOX 360 DISCS IN MY PC WHY DOESN'T IT WORK I HATE YOU MICROSOFT YOU SUCK

-

It's like putting a PS3 disc in the Xbox 360. They are two completely different systems. In fact, it's more likely that PS4 discs would work in Xbox One than 360 discs.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SPARTANANUS,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend testing the network and multiplayer connections in

the network settings
    . The multiplayer connection test will let us know if there are any issues with your console connecting to Xbox Live. In order to join the

Xbox Insider Program
    , you must download the Xbox Insider Hub and choose to join the program from there. If you never completed this process, then you are not part of the Xbox Insider Program. You won't have to submit feedback for the issue.

If the connection tests both produce good results, you can try clearing your local Xbox 360 storage. This will remove all your Xbox 360 saved data from your console, but it help clear out any corrupt data that may be hindering
    the installation. You should launch your other backwards compatible games first to make sure that your saved data is uploaded to the Xbox cloud. You will not lose your saved data that is uploaded to the Xbox cloud. We will provide steps on how to clear your
    local Xbox 360 storage. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to clear local Xbox 360 storage:

1. Remove the disc from your console.
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    3. Select System > Settings > System > and then
      Storage.
    4. Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage
    5. Select Yes to confirm.
    6. Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.
  4. Varog Win User

Hi,

Have you tried to powercycle your xbox by holding the on button for 5-10 seconds?
    Yes but it do nothing :/
  5. ET3rNi7Y GreeN Win User

I had this problem too. It doesn't have to work so try delete the game. Install the game again
  6. Varog Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We would like to have a few more details to better understand and troubleshoot this issue. Are there other backwards compatible discs that you own that are working fine?
    Is your console able to read other discs, such as DVD/Blue rays or Xbox one discs?

Was the update that you performed a system update or an app update? Please note that if you are a part of the insider program, you should

report this issue
    through the insider hub, as well as to the

insider reddit
    I didn't have any other backwards compatible discs but my Black Ops II was almost brand new (I used it almost less than 50 times on my Xbox 360)

For DVD/Blu Ray/Xbox one disc : I didn't have one and can't have one until this Week End :/

The update was an app update (for the Games on the discs)

For the insider program, how can I see if i'm in ?

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 discs doesn't work on my Xbox One. - Similar Threads - 360 discs doesn't

2. No Xbox 360 discs working on Xbox One console!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Xbox 360 discs working on Xbox One console!: When I heard the news of a reboot on the Batman Arkham series, I decided to purchase the three Xbox 360 only discs, Arkham Origins, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. But when I put he games in the...
  3. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  4. Xbox 360 disc tray noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc tray noise.: Problem: 1. Xbox makes a grinding noise after closing the tray. This noise is created whether or not a disc is in the tray. It last for 1-2 seconds. 2. “Open tray” is displayed on the screen...
  5. Xbox One S Won't Ask to Update Xbox 360 Discs that I insert

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Won't Ask to Update Xbox 360 Discs that I insert: I am trying to play some backwards compatible games like Bioshock Infinite but nothing happens when I insert the Xbox 360 game disc. Every video I have seen on this shows a dialogue box opening up...
  6. Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download: When I insert a backwards compatible 360 - disc game (Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row) in my Xbox One X no download or anything else is triggered. The disc drive did not even spin up from what I...
  7. Xbox 360 disc reading then goes straight to home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc reading then goes straight to home screen: When i put black ops 3 inside my xbox 360 it kicks me off xbox live and goes straight to my home screen game doesnt load up even off line and it doesnt say disc read error or anything just goes...
  8. Xbox 360 disc not recognized (Error 03-57-00)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc not recognized (Error 03-57-00): Hello players friends. I have a problem where my Xbox 360 does not accept any physical media (CD / DVD) games; and my games are all physical media because I don't have HD yet. Help me guys, I'm...
  9. Why does my Xbox 360 E read discs sometimes and then doesn't or freezes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E read discs sometimes and then doesn't or freezes?: Why is the Xbox doing this it will read the disc then won't or freezes and won't let you play ? I don't have the tools to take it apart any help please 7462706c-987f-44c1-81ca-1bf3595ee0fb
  10. XB1 doesn't recognise 360 discs...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 doesn't recognise 360 discs...: Hi, is this a common problem or is there a known fix for it? Any help would be most appreciated, I've a ton of back compat games bought on disc over the years, and they remain useless as my xb1...