Xbox 360 E not connecting wireless wifi

Discus and support Xbox 360 E not connecting wireless wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox 360 e wont connect to wireless internet but will with wired. It stops at network and says failed. 4ed32a17-bd62-46d5-8999-90ec00c14c7f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BotsRedbots, Nov 24, 2021.

1. BotsRedbots
    BotsRedbots Guest

my xbox 360 e wont connect to wireless internet but will with wired. It stops at network and says failed.

:)

BotsRedbots, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Tarnend Win User

connecting xbox 360 to internet

the first version of the xbox 360 needed a wireless adapter, but the S and e models included wifi so those models should be able to connect via wifi just fine
  3. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Wired Network.

Select Configure Network.

On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults. This resets the console's network settings only.

Restart your console, restart your internet devices and try again.

If the problem persists, check if you can connect the console wirelessly to another wifi network. Share your phone's internet as a hotspot and try connecting your console to that network.
  4. InphaseCoot2 Win User

error status report

is there any way you can help me connect to xbox live on the new 360 with wireless wifi? I can't seem to connect
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

how can i connect to the wireless in my xbox 360 ? i tried everything and didnt work

6. CrazyIvan316 Win User

wifi adapter

Im pretty sure that you cant use the old wifi adaptors with the xbox 360 slim because the internal wifi connection utilizes wifi-N, the newer standard of wireless connections and may not properly interface with the xbox 360 slim.

As for getting a better signal.... i dont think it really makes a difference, most issues regarding that usually are environmental issues surrounding the 360 and nearby access point or the router. For instance having thick walls, microwaves, other computers
    running wireless, etc.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 E not connecting wireless wifi - Similar Threads - 360 connecting wireless

2. New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?: Hello, My new Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with my Xbox 360 S! I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that are on the Xbox and Microsoft websites but still cannot get it...
  3. 360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.: Hello. I have connected to the internet a lot on this 360 in the past, and now it doesn't connect to the internet. I do the test but it ends right at the start, and says its unable to connect to...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver shuts down my pc when connected: Hi, a month ago i experienced a error, i was playing with my xbox 360 gamepad connected to my laptop since i dont use my xbox anymore, i was playing and it disconnected, when i reconnected my...
  5. Xbox 360 E cant connect wireless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E cant connect wireless: I have a xbox 360 E console model 1538. Im trying to connect to a wireless network but it says i can only connect to an ethernet connection. Supposedly the Xbox 360 E console has a built in...
  6. Can I connect my Xbox 360 wireless controller to a pc through a cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox 360 wireless controller to a pc through a cable?: The title says everything. I have several of them laying around, but the wireless plug for the PC is about 1 time and a half the price of a xbox one controller where I live. Can I connect my...
  7. Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360...: Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360 controller? Great. I ordered a cheaper one that does the same thing. Thanks so much....
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.: So My Xbox 360 Slim Just Disconnected me from the WiFi and I tried to Reconnect but it said, something like To be able to connect to the wireless network I need the Adabtor...etc. Although Ik the...
  9. Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10: A few months back I used my Zettaguard wireless receiver and connected my wireless Xbox 360 controller to my PC perfectly. I played my Steam games with it and it worked fine. I recently updated my...
  10. Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect wireless Xbox 360 controller to Win10 after fresh install: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 after formatting my hard drives. Prior to this I had a Xbox360 controller connected to my PC with the wireless Xbox receiver. After the Windows 10...