Xbox 360 E shuts down then won't power on

Discus and support Xbox 360 E shuts down then won't power on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an Xbox 360 E that shuts down after 15 minutes of play then won't power on. This happened about a year ago and I left the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kiresh26, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Kiresh26
    Kiresh26 Guest

Hi guys,

I have an Xbox 360 E that shuts down after 15 minutes of play then won't power on.

This happened about a year ago and I left the console ever since. I tried powering it on a few weeks ago and same thing happened again.

After reading online, I opened the console and cleaned it out with some canned air and also replaced the thermal paste in the console with no avail.

I tried putting it on today and a new error popped up on the screen say the console was not properly ventilated and it shut down.

What I have noticed so far:

The power brick displays all signs of it working properly. It stays orange when the console is off and turns green when the console is on. No red lights

When I connect the power cable to the console, my wired controller flashes (the 1 and 4) but the console will not power on. This has been happening since the initial problem of it
    [Mod Removed] down.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on, I have this console for about 5 years now and really want to get it working again .

:)

Kiresh26, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 E shuts down then won't power on - Similar Threads - 360 shuts down

2. Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms: My Xbox 360 E is shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation" after a couple of minutes being on, even though both the console and the power supply are in well-ventilated spots. Fan doesn't...
  3. XBox 360 Shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 Shutting down: My console keeps shutting down by itself. I've cleaned the console and the power box and it still does it. Any solutions? 98c313a9-5ef8-44ba-bb6b-1de9c2fcf5e8
  4. Please shut down servers on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please shut down servers on 360: Please Microsoft shut down the servers on Xbox 360 nobody can play a great game backwards compatible online with all these hackers and modders ruining them. I'm sure you guys can so some magic and...
  5. Xbox 360 servers shutting down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 servers shutting down: You think the Xbox 360 servers will be gone for good? I've been playing World of Tanks on the 360 for over 3 years now. Will it be very possible for Microsoft to have their people rebuild,...
  6. Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices: It started a few days ago, playing dark souls 2 on steam, and the few fixes I found online don't seem to do anything. Anyone get this/get it fixed? 708186e0-c3c2-4335-bd9f-5fcd7c1a96e4
  7. Have we been shut down (360)? My ID is invalid evile01!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have we been shut down (360)? My ID is invalid evile01!!!: have the 360 faithfuls been kicked out the loop I've lost my ID and everything and someone please tell me what's going on. d785ae9c-0e28-4581-b685-a6f32275f43a
  8. Old xbox 360 account, email shut down long time ago, no acces to purchased item

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old xbox 360 account, email shut down long time ago, no acces to purchased item: Hello any help grateful here. Situation: I have/had a xbox 360 account with associated gamertag. My email ( a hotmail email ) was closed by me a while back - like 9 months ago. And was the email...
  9. When do you think servers for xbox 360 will shut down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When do you think servers for xbox 360 will shut down?: Hi everyone. I've got the 500GB version of the xbox 360 that includes forza horizon 2, I bought it last november and I love playing on it because there are a lot of great games for it. I still...
  10. Worried about the XBOX LIVE on Xbox 360 Shutting Down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worried about the XBOX LIVE on Xbox 360 Shutting Down.: Hello Microsoft. I was worried about the XBOX LIVE on Xbox 360 Shutting Down Next Year. Is this true? Because someone just posted that your Company is Shutting Down the XBOX LIVE on Xbox 360. If...