xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

Discus and support xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Camé Senil, May 15, 2022.

1. Camé Senil
    Camé Senil Guest

Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange. I've tried different power outlet in my house and still didn't work.

I have tried to take the power cord from my console, and leave it like 1 hour unplugged and then plug it back and try to hold the power button for 15 seconds. But it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know the problem? Thank you

:)

Camé Senil, May 15, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Shiftycs, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I would recommend trying to find a different power supply to test on the console so you can determine if it is in fact the power supply. You can usually find them used at video games stores such as Game Stop. Or you can try borrowing a friend's or family members power supply to test with. Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

You can try to do it like in the videos, but I'd recommend you to get the console serviced. You can try to talk with the technicians and ask them to try to backup or keep or data.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. The power supply test would be great, but since it's not possible for now for you to do it. Try to take the power cord from your console, leave it like 1 hour unplugged and then plug it back and try to hold the power button for 15 seconds. :)
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

I can't tell for sure. I'm just a user like you, I don't work for Microsoft neither I know about Xbox hardware, unfortunately.

You will need to open it to see, I'm afraid :(
  6. Camé Senil Win User

my english is not good enough to call a technician (I use a written translator) and I think that sending the console plus its repair is more expensive than buying a new Xbox 360 :(

Can you tell me if my 360 E model (the last one that looks like the one) also has this capacitor
Thema:

1. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange - Similar Threads - 360 slim turning

2. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  3. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange: Hello, so I've not used this Xbox for a very long time maybe around 6-8 months, and then I wanted to play again, so I take it out of the box and when I push the power button it didn't work, but...
  4. Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi: Xbox 360 Slim turns on but with no video. I have a 4gb Xbox 360 E/Super Slim and it was working fine. And I left it in the living room for awhile and I wanted to play some old 360 games and it...
  5. Xbox 360 slim turns off minutes after being turned on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns off minutes after being turned on.: So i turn my Xbox on to play, and before I can sign into my account the ding noise it makes when turning off happends and it just shuts down. Then if I do nothing sometimes within a couple minutes...
  6. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?: Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post. I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is, but it can still power on and play games no...
  8. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84
  9. Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!: Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have this problem, the past few months whenever I've...
  10. xbox 360 slim won´t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim won´t turn on: since yesterday i got the problem that my xbox 360 slim won´t turn on. when i touch the power button it peeps and the middle led is turning green and fans start spinning, but only for half a...