Xbox 360 Elite won't connect via HDMI when my 20gb HDD is connected

Discus and support Xbox 360 Elite won't connect via HDMI when my 20gb HDD is connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, please bare with me as this is my first post! Basically, when I come to visit my mum, I'll bring my HDD with me and use it with my little... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x Negriii x, Jan 22, 2014.

1. x Negriii x
    x Negriii x Guest

Hi all, please bare with me as this is my first post!

Basically, when I come to visit my mum, I'll bring my HDD with me and use it with my little brother's xbox360 elite via HDMI and it has worked perfectly in the past... until today.

It is a quite weird in the sense that I can get the HDMI connection to work with the xbox when my HDD is NOT connected (although this is no use as I need the HDD to access my games such as Minecraft), but as soon as I connect my HDD to the xbox, it will
    NOT load up on the LG TV.

I''ve tried numerous HDMI cables, even a gold plated one provided with the SKY+HD box and I have also tried changing the HDMI ports. As well as this I have tried the Y + RT trick to no avail Xbox 360 Elite won't connect via HDMI when my 20gb HDD is connected :( and I have also changed the output to 480p (the LG TV is 1080p
    Full HD) but this did not work either.

I have also tried the component cables but again I have the same problem... they will work so long as the hard drive is not connected which means that my problem lies with the HDD but seeing as I use my HDD on my own TV at home via HDMI, I can't see where
    the problem is!

Anyone got any suggestions? Been trying to troubleshoot for a day now and I'm still no further Xbox 360 Elite won't connect via HDMI when my 20gb HDD is connected :(

:)

x Negriii x, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Chris388
    Chris388 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim - HDMI video & Component video.. can it work?

Hi there,

Currently have a 24" monitor (Asus K242HL) and my xbox 360 slim.

The monitor does not have any sound output, so the typical hdmi connection to my xbox only provides clear video...

After searching it up and finding numerous threats about connecting both a hdmi and component cable, i went along with it..

Scenario:

When the hdmi is connected as normal, video works. As soon as i plug the component cable in also, to output sound onto my speaker, the monitor loses signal and the xbox just starts an iterative loop of restarting.

So im unable to achieve sound & have video .. with the component cable connected to the xbox and no hdmi, the sound output does infact work on my speaker.

How am i able to have the two cables function side by side, are there any settings i have to tweak within the xbox 360 to get this to function?

Chris388, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Haesito
    Haesito Guest
    2 TV's and one xbone, not connected TV is starting when xbox start with controller

Hi All,

Situation: I have 2 Samsung TV's and one xbox in my livingroom.

First TV: Connected with Internet via cable and xbox hdmi.

second TV: connect via hdmi to PC, nothing else.

Xbox: connect to TV 1.

Now my Question, why is my second tv starting when I start the xbox via the button the controller?

TV was connected in the past with the xbone.

But I still dont get it.

Thanks

Daniel

Haesito, Jan 22, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Elite won't connect via HDMI when my 20gb HDD is connected - Similar Threads - 360 Elite won't

2. 200-240V/203W PSU on an Xbox 360 Elite. What'll do? Burn or work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    200-240V/203W PSU on an Xbox 360 Elite. What'll do? Burn or work?: [img] And before you say anything: No, this is not third-party, this one is actually original from Microsoft. I am actually wondering if this PSU, having more voltage (203W as you can see),...
  3. xbox 360 elite wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 elite wont power on.: i have a problem with my xbox 360 e console. i didnt used it almost a month ago. but i wanted to use it and it wont turn on. i tried with a controller, i tried everything. could somebody help...
  4. ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...: ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on the hard drive and can i play those games without the disc a1b0e158-a8b9-4093-9c1d-9d53aaae1e44
  5. HOLA 4 no reproduce mi xbox 360 ELITE Disk problem or SOFTWARE

in XBoX on Consoles
    HOLA 4 no reproduce mi xbox 360 ELITE Disk problem or SOFTWARE: I see that may be a software error or update Xbox 360 discs are relatively new, many people from Latin American have this problem the console loads the disk but does not play it HALO 4. What's...
  6. Xbox 360 Elite Screen Goes Black

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Elite Screen Goes Black: Hey everyone, I have a 360 Elite S version and this problem just started yesterday. I turn on Xbox and the dashboard loads fine. As soon as I try to play any app, the screen goes black. If I load...
  7. Xbox One elite not playing 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One elite not playing 360 games: I have a xbox one elite thats not playing xbox 360 games. Ive fone hard resets andbi have even wrwe ad far to replacing the hard drive. It still wont play the games. It only play xbox one games....
  8. Xbox 360 elite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 elite: Lo encendí y perdió la imagen, lo reinicie y la luz se le torno de inmediato roja y ya no encendió, no da imagen ni nada. [Translation - I turned it on and lost the image, I restarted it and the...
  9. XBOX 360 Original Elite 120Gb Won't load past startup screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Original Elite 120Gb Won't load past startup screen.: So, I start my Xbox and, of course, the logo screen appears. I get all excited as I watch the little white snake thing chase its own tail. Thinking about the hoardes of demons i might slay, or the...
  10. 360 Elite won't complete boot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Elite won't complete boot.: I recently got a new monitor for my desk, an Acer s230HL. Since it only has VGA-in I bought an HDMI-to-VGA adapter that hooks into my Xbox's HDMI port and has a VGA-f end that matches with a VGA...