xbox 360 external hard drive

Discus and support xbox 360 external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there an external hard drive for the xbox 360 that just uses the usb port? e227e1e6-9379-4e9b-ad94-baf425b9ab70 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FabHealer4915, Aug 14, 2014.

1. xbox 360 external hard drive

Is there an external hard drive for the xbox 360 that just uses the usb port?

:)

FabHealer4915, Aug 14, 2014
  2. External Hard Drives: De-Formatting From Xbox One

I am going to tell you how to remove the formatting on a External Hard Drive from a Xbox One.

Requirements:

Xbox 360

1. Insert external hard drive into Xbox 360

2. Go into System

3. Go into Storage

4. Press 'Y' on External Hard Drive (Will be called "unformatted device")

5. Click on Format

6. The External Hard Drive will now contain the Xbox 360's formatting.

7. If you do not want the Xbox 360's formatting on the External Hard Drive, all you need to do is format the External Hard Drive on a computer. Otherwise, if you don't care that the Xbox 360's formatting is on the External Hard Drive, then ignore this step.

Hope This Helped Anyone Who Did Not Know How To Remove An Xbox One's Formatting From An External Hard Drive!

Rhys Spagnolo, Aug 14, 2014
  3. H-F Hum
    H-F Hum Guest
    Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives

H-F Hum, Aug 14, 2014
  4. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest

You are able to use a USB flash drive up to 32Gb.

Dirty Loco, Aug 15, 2014
  5. H-F Hum Win User

Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives
  6. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  7. Smwutches Win User

XBox 360 game required hard drive issue

Some games do require an Xbox hard drive due to the system files on the drives. External hard drives will not work. They require an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Please help

The Xbox 360 should be able to support external hard drives for game storage.

Is your Xbox 360 fully updated? Have you also formatted the hard drive with the Xbox 360?
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

External Hard Drive with Xbox 360

Could your friend be talking about an external hard drive with an Xbox One. You can use an external usb 3.0 hard drive with that console, but you can only use external storage upto 32gb on an xbox 360.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 external hard drive - Similar Threads - 360 external hard

2. Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd: the xbox 360 will support a 2 TB external hdd. I have seen on the internet that it will support 2 hdds. is that accurate? 54187aa2-1b26-4b2c-88c3-32ef78122e29
  3. Does an external hard drive work with xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an external hard drive work with xbox 360 e?: I just managed to get my hands on a new xbox 360 elite but all the hard drives available seem to have been modded or tampered with despite them being a microsoft brand.The usb ports seem to be...
  4. Saving Xbox 360 games on External Hard Drive than saving them on Cloud Saved.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saving Xbox 360 games on External Hard Drive than saving them on Cloud Saved.: Beside Cloud Saves, It is possible to save Xbox 360 Save games to External Hard Drive? I have Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts on Rare Replay and I don't want to use cloud saved?...
  5. Hard-drive xbox 360 / disque dur externe xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard-drive xbox 360 / disque dur externe xbox 360: i had a old xbox 360 console. I wanted to transfer my games into my new console xbox 360 slim. So, i bought a extern disc. (Seagate) configurate FAT32. I’ve been able to transfer all my games into...
  6. external Xbox 360 hard drive files being seen by my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    external Xbox 360 hard drive files being seen by my Xbox one?: can someone 0lease tell me why my games and save files I have placed on my formated external hard drive for my 360 cannot be seen by my xbox one? i had alot of content on these drives. help!...
  7. External Hard Drive for 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive for 360: Is it possible to use an External Hard Drive with a Xbox 360? as my hard drive is quite fall and if you can use an external one which type can be used and can you just sort games on there that you...
  8. Xbox 360 External Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 External Hard Drives: Hi everyone. I had a quick question about connecting an external HD to my xbox 360. I just bought the Microsoft Xbox 2Tb Game Drive from the MS Store. It's a drive that can be used for either...
  9. Using External USB Hard Drive with Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using External USB Hard Drive with Xbox 360: Hi everyone, Recently, I bought a GDrive Mobile USB 1TB external hard drive to back up my Mac. I was excited when I realized that external hard drives / USBs also worked with the Xbox 360,...
  10. Xbox 360 External Hard drive expansion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 External Hard drive expansion: I have a 200GB hard drive that I've been using for about 5 years on my xbox. Back then it only let you format 30GB of it. But I saw that they removed that restriction earlier this year. How do I...