Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable

Discus and support Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently dug out the old 360, and have been trying to play some of my old Call of Duty games. Once I load up a game, it will consistently kick us... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoeGaddy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JoeGaddy
    JoeGaddy Guest

So I recently dug out the old 360, and have been trying to play some of my old Call of Duty games. Once I load up a game, it will consistently kick us out within 5 minutes giving an error stating that the "disk is unreadable". Told me to try wiping it off
    and restarting the console, etc. I tried this, many times, but I know it's not a disk issue. It looks great, and it allows me to boot up the game and immediately hop back on, only to be kicked off again a few minutes later. I've even tried blowing out the
    disk tray with pressurized air.

It seems to work longer on single player than splitscreen, as once a 2nd person is added we're lucky to get 1 minute in before the same error message kicks us off again. Not sure what that could mean though.

I figure it's probably a problem with the disk reader, but am pretty stumped by the fact that it seems to work fine seconds after being "unreadable." Has anyone had this issue before, and/or have any ideas that I could try to fix it?

:)

JoeGaddy, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  3. Lexbar Win User

Cant read disc after black ops 2 update

Xbox 360 Slim Halo Reach Edition. :Disk Is Unreadable / Unrecognized..." ... Plays on original 360 ...
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox 360

5. sweepingshark94 Win User

Save file is corrupt

Now I got a question if my disk is unreadable does it mean thr save is bad. And I bought it from the 360 so I don't play with a disk.
  6. iGhp-52B65143-0EE1-4 Win User

San Andreas marketplace download 'disc read error' message

Just downloaded GTA : SA Today Got halfway through intro "Disk Unreadable" Did everything "Disk Unreadable"
Thema:

1. Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable - Similar Threads - 360 Game disk

2. Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S: Hello, this may be a bit long but the issue here is quite complex and I want to make everything as clear as possible by giving all the details needed. Please, if you are a Xbox 360 expert, give...
  3. Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Xbox 360 backward compatible games from disk: Hello all, I have a new Xbox One S and I can't load any Xbox 360 disk. I have an Assassins Creed Black Flag disk which states in the box that it is Xbox One compatible, but when I insert the disk...
  4. Could disk Xbox 360 games ever get a digital lisense on your account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could disk Xbox 360 games ever get a digital lisense on your account?: Hi there, I have a load of original Xbox 360 games on disk and I'm wondering if it would ever be possible to turn that disk version into a digital version on your account? There is a system on...
  5. Will disk Xbox 360 games ever be able to offically run on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will disk Xbox 360 games ever be able to offically run on PC?: With the advent of the Xbox play anywhere feature for digital Xbox One games for Windows 10. I'm wondering if Xbox 360 games will ever be able to take advantage of Xbox play anywhere too? Or...
  6. The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive: Hello! I was installing games from game disks to my hard drive following this instruction. When I started installing Minecraft: I inserted the game disc into the disc drive; From the home hub...
  7. Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game: Recently tried to play Halo Reach on my Xbox one, when I put the disk in (it's a 360 disk obvs) it opens blu ray player then gives me error 0x91d70001. Any solutions? The disk is completely...
  8. how many xbox 360 games where released on disk? i am going for a completre xbox 360 collection.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how many xbox 360 games where released on disk? i am going for a completre xbox 360 collection.: i am on a quest to own every game and DLC disk. i am wondering how many games and DLC packs where put on disk? i am almost at 300 xbox 360 games. i just wanna know how many i have to get. i also...
  9. Second hand 360 no games load digital or disk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand 360 no games load digital or disk.: Hey guy's I am on my brothers account right now. His friend gave him a xbox 360 because he got a new one. So my brother, just got Nba 2k17 disc and black ops bundle digital. Both games when tried...
  10. Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game: When I'm in the middle of a game, my power button will start blinking and it will kick me to the dashboard. This issue has been going on since 2013. It stops for a good 3-6 months, but then starts...