Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0%

Discus and support Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I recently purchased the 360 game Risen through the marketplace, and the download was progressing along as it does. Once the download reached... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by I Like Drinkin, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0%

Hello

I recently purchased the 360 game Risen through the marketplace, and the download was progressing along as it does. Once the download reached 79%, the progress reset itself back to 0%, and started over, and continued to do this multiple times. I've tried
    the usual methods of fixing Xbox 360 issues, (cleared cache, re-download profile, etc), and still I have the same issue. I have more than enough hard drive space, so that isn't the issue, and my internet connection is fast and stable.

I've been reading similar threads on several sites regarding the same issue, and the general consensus is that this some type of region-based issue. I've never messed around with regional settings, and everything pertaining to my xbox and account is, and
    has always been, based in the USA.

At this point, I'm not sure what else I could do to get things moving along, so any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

:)

I Like Drinkin, Feb 5, 2020
  2. I Like Drinkin Win User

EDIT: I'm not quite sure what happened, but after the last failed attempt downloading (which was shortly before my recent post), I just let the download keep going, starting from 0%. It got back up to 79%, and then, out of the blue, POP! Risen downloaded.
    It hadn't done that with previous attempts, but thankfully it managed to resolve itself. Again, thanks M3tal for your reply.

I'm not sure if there's a way to close the thread or not, but if there is, please feel free to do so :)

Hello M3tal Daz3, thank you for your reply.

The link you posted was one of the many pages I had come across while looking for a solution. Thing is, I'm not getting any error messages during my download, it simply goes from 79% complete to 0% complete, and starts over as if I had just began the download.
    While the download is active, I'm not doing anything else on my console, or my laptop, so nothing should be interfering with the download.

As far as the possible solutions mentioned in that link, my console has the latest version update, my internet connection is, as I mentioned, fast and stable, and I've restarted the download, at this point, at least a dozen times, getting the same result
    each time.

I appreciate the help, but sadly I'm no closer to figuring out what in the world is going on :(

Thank you
  3. WGID Win User

Glad the game got downloaded. Xbox 360 is an old console so there are tons of bugs unfortunately.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

5. Ty1erTurt1e Win User

Sniper Elite V2

I get the same problem. Download reaches 79%, goes back down to 0%. Then will re-download back up to between 70%-80%, then drop to 0%. Then it won't download at all.
  6. Terrestraeon Win User

Fable 3 !

Same problem here: the download keeps restarting when reaching 79%. I already wasted 45GB of data and I still don't have it!

I tried:

-canceling the download, then restarting it by browsing to FableIII on Xbox Marketplace and select "Download again"

-canceling the download, then restarting it by browsing to FableIII on Xbox.com and select "Download to Xbox 360"

-canceling the download, then restarting it by browsing to "Download history" on the Xbox 360 and download again.

-canceling download, deleting the partial download on the hard drive and try again

-deleted the partial download on the hard disk without canceling the ongoing download

-cleared the system cache

-deleted everything under "System" (which includes marketplace-cache etc.)

-deleted my account on the Xbox 360 and downloaded it again

-using a different wireless network

-connecting the Xbox 360 directly to the modem by cable

-Pulled the Xbox 360's plug for 20 seconds

The problem remains, I'm out of options... please help!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0% - Similar Threads - 360 game download

2. Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79%: Hi! For the past two days, I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but every time I attempt to download both of them, they end up reaching 79%...
  3. xbox live - can't download free xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live - can't download free xbox 360 games: Hi, I'm unable to download xbox 360 games from my Gold subscription as it says 'this channel requires a billing account'. It takes me to a page to add billing information, even though I do have a...
  4. Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one: [img] when I go on the console and try to get an xbox360 game with gold it shows up this even though I'm on the console f911ff2c-a107-44fd-8367-3c7ebb77dafc
  5. Xbox 360 backwards compatible game wont play or prompt for download after putting in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 backwards compatible game wont play or prompt for download after putting in the...: My star wars game The Force Unleashed for xbox360 is listed under backwards compatible games for the xbox 1 but when I put the disc in nothing happens or shows the game under games or que as if it...
  6. Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...: Hi I have the xbox games pass ultimate - free PC and xbox games. PC games work great using xbox beta app on my win 10 pc with VPN to uk. I am trying to use express vpn on my xbox 360 to allow me...
  7. download giochi xbox 360[Translation-download games Xbox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    download giochi xbox 360[Translation-download games Xbox 360]: Salve sono giorni che provo a scaricare tekken 6 dal sito,il problema è che continua a caricarmi l'ultima schermata a vuoto senza la possibilit di confermare il download,ho provato a chiudere e...
  8. Downloaded game says unreadable disc Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded game says unreadable disc Xbox 360: I bought and downloaded borderlands 2 and i played it and it worked perfectly. But when i moved it to another storage device it got corrupted so i deleted it and everything with it like the update...
  9. 360 Compatibility games: Why don't some download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Compatibility games: Why don't some download?: Does anybody know why COD modern warfare 3 isn't downloading after u pay? I did the only way to get it and it just took the money and gave nothing in return. Now I did get a refund but other...
  10. Xbox 360 Saved games- Re-download previous Cloud Saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Saved games- Re-download previous Cloud Saves: Are there any ways at all to re-download a previous cloud save on the xbox 360, say from 24 hours ago? This happened with the game Diablo 3: Reapers of Souls edition (Xbox360) As i just had an...