Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79%

Discus and support Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! For the past two days, I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but every time I attempt to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lnnspire, Feb 14, 2020.

1. lnnspire
    lnnspire Guest

Hi!

For the past two days, I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but every time I attempt to download both of them, they end up reaching 79% before they reset to 0%. I tried to install another game called
    Burnout, and that installed successfully without any problems. I have tried resetting both the system marketplace caches, trying different storage devices, redownloading profiles, and wiping my hard drive but nothing seems to work. I have also seen other people
    having the same problems as seen in my reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/f3dyo5/download_resets_after_79/. All of
    these factors considered, this leads me to believe that this is not faulty hardware but rather something to do with the servers that deal with these downloads on the Xbox 360. I just bought Black Ops 2 yesterday for $50 (Crazy Price for a game that came out
    in 2012) and I am disappointed that I am unable to actually play the games I have recently bought. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

:)

lnnspire, Feb 14, 2020
  2. lnnspire Win User

Yes, I have never changed regions. My locale is the United States and I have never changed/left the US.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Does your account region match your physical location?

For 360 games that's typically a sign of a region issue.
  4. risa2000 Win User

Halo: Reach demo download gets interrupted every time

I am having similar issue with downloading Halo: Reach Demo. After downloading 79% percent the message appears "Can't download Halo: Reach Demo" and download is terminated. If I restart it (by choosing "Download again") it seems to continue with the download
    from 78% and at 79% it quits again.

I have tried to add it to the queue from web interface and from console, it has the same effect. I have also deleted the downloaded content on xbox and redownloaded from scratch and again got stuck at 79%.

Interesting point is that web (and xbox) shows that the demo has 1.74 GB and when I was deleting the local downloaded content (which was supposed to be 79% of the data) the xbox showed me 1.8 GB allocated on local hard drive.

So I wonder if there could be some mismatch between the data sizes and that is why it is always cut at the same place.
  5. Naujay Win User

Can't download free gold GRID 2

hey I'm having the same issues as well with downloading from xbox 360 or through the website, after about 79% the download will stop and when i go to storage the game file will be listed as corrupted and not playable. Any help here will be appreciated
  6. THE HEISENB3RG Win User

Day One Update

HOW ABOUT A ANSWER ON THE PROBLEM OF THE UPDATE STUCK AT 79% Mister Fizzle?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79% - Similar Threads - 360 Game Downloads

2. I can't download my Xbox/360 games through Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download my Xbox/360 games through Xbox Live Gold: Whenever I try to download a Xbox/360 game it just give me an error saying that my account can't make this kind of purchase. Is there any way I could resolve this issue?...
  3. Xbox 360 game download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game download: Hi. If i have purchased and downloaded minecraft on my xbox at home could i play it on a differant xbox 360 if i log into it with my details? thank you in advace. pp...
  4. Juegos no se descargan en XBox 360[Games are not downloaded in XBox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Juegos no se descargan en XBox 360[Games are not downloaded in XBox 360]: Hola buen dia, he comprado Online un par de Juegos para Xbox 360 y ninguno de los 2 se descargan, estos fueron Call of Duty Black Ops III y el de Modern Warfare 3 ambos se estan descargando y al...
  5. Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0%: Hello I recently purchased the 360 game Risen through the marketplace, and the download was progressing along as it does. Once the download reached 79%, the progress reset itself back to 0%, and...
  6. xbox live - can't download free xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live - can't download free xbox 360 games: Hi, I'm unable to download xbox 360 games from my Gold subscription as it says 'this channel requires a billing account'. It takes me to a page to add billing information, even though I do have a...
  7. Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one: [img] when I go on the console and try to get an xbox360 game with gold it shows up this even though I'm on the console f911ff2c-a107-44fd-8367-3c7ebb77dafc
  8. Xbox 360 backwards compatible game wont play or prompt for download after putting in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 backwards compatible game wont play or prompt for download after putting in the...: My star wars game The Force Unleashed for xbox360 is listed under backwards compatible games for the xbox 1 but when I put the disc in nothing happens or shows the game under games or que as if it...
  9. Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...: Hi I have the xbox games pass ultimate - free PC and xbox games. PC games work great using xbox beta app on my win 10 pc with VPN to uk. I am trying to use express vpn on my xbox 360 to allow me...
  10. download giochi xbox 360[Translation-download games Xbox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    download giochi xbox 360[Translation-download games Xbox 360]: Salve sono giorni che provo a scaricare tekken 6 dal sito,il problema è che continua a caricarmi l'ultima schermata a vuoto senza la possibilit di confermare il download,ho provato a chiudere e...