Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79%

Discus and support Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! For the past two days, I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but every time I attempt to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lnnspire, Feb 14, 2020.

1. lnnspire
    lnnspire Guest

Hi!

For the past two days, I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but every time I attempt to download both of them, they end up reaching 79% before they reset to 0%. I tried to install another game called
    Burnout, and that installed successfully without any problems. I have tried resetting both the system marketplace caches, trying different storage devices, redownloading profiles, and wiping my hard drive but nothing seems to work. I have also seen other people
    having the same problems as seen in my reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/f3dyo5/download_resets_after_79/. All of
    these factors considered, this leads me to believe that this is not faulty hardware but rather something to do with the servers that deal with these downloads on the Xbox 360. I just bought Black Ops 2 yesterday for $50 (Crazy Price for a game that came out
    in 2012) and I am disappointed that I am unable to actually play the games I have recently bought. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

:)

lnnspire, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nabil hamideh
    Nabil hamideh New Member
    ********TEMPORARY FIX FOUND********( PLEASE GIVE ME CREDIT AND SHARE EVERYWHERE)

Steps

1. Delete any corrupted game files

2.Clear the Cache on all of your storage devices and restart your xbox 360

3.Log into your account and start the download for the game you wish to install.

4.When the game download reaches the 70% mark, start an ARCADE game and play it as long as it doesn’t stop your download

5.The game will successfully pass the 79% Glitch mark as long as you play the ARCADE game until you receive a notification saying the download is completey

*Must be an ARCADE game

*If it doesn’t work at the 70% mark, then try 60 or 50.

*Use a wired connection for a faster download

Nabil hamideh, Apr 1, 2020
  3. GabrielCarvalho63536 Win User

Having the same issue, looks like it's an old bug, and its back. Hope microsoft fix this soon...
  4. lnnspire Win User

Yes, I have never changed regions. My locale is the United States and I have never changed/left the US.
  5. Jag MuirFamily Win User

I am not only having the same problem, but it is happening on 2 different machines. I can't even download Amazon Video.

I have:

Cleared memory space

Cleared all caches

Checked all cords and connections

Tried using different storage devices

Tried 2 different machines

I really can't do anything on my xbox right now except watch Netflix, since it was already installed and had no updates.

Anyone have any new ideas?
  6. Smwutches Win User

Does your account region match your physical location?

For 360 games that's typically a sign of a region issue.
  7. JacobCox1 Win User

I am not only having the same problem, but it is happening on 2 different machines. I can't even download Amazon Video.

I have:

Cleared memory space

Cleared all caches

Checked all cords and connections

Tried using different storage devices

Tried 2 different machines

I really can't do anything on my xbox right now except watch Netflix, since it was already installed and had no updates.

Anyone have any new ideas?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Game Downloads stuck at 79% - Similar Threads - 360 Game Downloads

2. Downloaded games show up as "Corrupt" on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded games show up as "Corrupt" on xbox 360: Quite a few games I downloaded on xbox 360 do not show up under "my games" and show as "corrupt" on hdd. Cleared the cache, deleted the profile, unplugged everything. Turned it back on and same...
  3. If I get xbox live for my 360 when i download apps or games will I still be able to use...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I get xbox live for my 360 when i download apps or games will I still be able to use...: If I get xbox live for my 360 when i download apps or games will I still be able to use everything I downloaded even if my xbox live expires ? * Original title: Johnmack * Moved from Bing...
  4. Game won’t download Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t download Xbox 360: Hi i bought Skate 3 on the online market and i got it the xbox enhanced version because there is backwards compatability and only have a xbox 360 so when i install it it says cannot download Skate...
  5. Can't download Game purchased in xbox store to my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download Game purchased in xbox store to my Xbox 360: Hi, I just bought Life is strange for Xbox 360 at xbox store web page, but now I can't download into my xbox. how can I do to allow it on my xbox? NOTE: I registered my Xbox at devices after my...
  6. Xbox Series X back compatible games fails to download xbox 360 profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X back compatible games fails to download xbox 360 profile: Hi Everyone I have an issue that has come up but haven't found any real fixes for. Every time I load a xbox 360 game on my Series X, I cant seem to download an xbox 360 profile. I get a popup...
  7. downloading a xbox 360 game

in XBoX on Consoles
    downloading a xbox 360 game: i cant download Jailbreak by Konami on my Xbox 360. i purchased the game a few years ago. the game isn't in the store anymore for sale. 62694812-f599-4e4d-b281-1913341b9229
  8. Cannot download profile to Xbox 360 or play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download profile to Xbox 360 or play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One 8015190A: Greetings All, I'm extremely frustrated. I currently own an Xbox 360 & an Xbox One. However I find that when I tried to sign into live on my Xbox 360 I would get this error: "Sorry, there's a...
  9. Xbox 360 game available in ONE but not downloading in 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game available in ONE but not downloading in 360: Hi everyone, I've been doing research about the topic and I'm afraid the closest issue was posted on 2018 (still unsolved). I'll try to sum it up; so this month Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (SR:...
  10. I can't download MW2 (360 game) onto my Computer

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download MW2 (360 game) onto my Computer: I have been trying to download it but it keeps saying 'Install on my devices'. I totally understand if the compatibility was an issue but I don't see a list anywhere. I have been checking the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download stuck at 70% xbox 360

2. stuck on dow loading xbox 360 gamer profile

3. download stop at 80% xbox360

4. downlod resets at 79% xbox 360,
  5. how to tix xbox 360 80% download stop,
  6. Xbox 360 download stops at 80,
  7. xbox 360 download 79,
  8. xbox 360 downloads to 79%