Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One

Discus and support Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So as the question says, Xbox wants me to pay for a gamertag change , but I didn't use my free one. Is there a way for Xbox to refund my free gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ximuni, May 4, 2021 at 7:52 PM.

1. Ximuni
    Ximuni Guest

So as the question says, Xbox wants me to pay for a gamertag change , but I didn't use my free one. Is there a way for Xbox to refund my free gamertag change, that wasn't used?

:)

2. Smwutches Win User

The free change is only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you signed up and are changing that tag for the first time. If you previously had a tag you chose, then you technically already used your change so you would have to pay. They won't refund it.
  3. MrDerpyKitten Win User

Will there ever be another "Gamertag Clearout"

My gamertag is the result of when i tried to change my gamertag using my free gamertag change. it took ages but then i used this one. This is the gamertag that is right for me.

Also im sure the entire xbox 360 community would "love" a gamertag reset.

Note: when i mean "Love" i mean they will hate it
  4. TimidMinds Win User

Gamertag Change

After one use of the change gamertag feature for free you then have to pay 9.99 after for any further gamertag changes. But if you didn't change it try contacting xbox for support
  5. Duddits II Win User

My gamertag was changed.

Paid to change my name 7.99 . Then the change isnt acceptable so my gamertag gets changed to a random one , can i have a refund or another channge for free
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Trouble with my gamer tag

You get one free gamertag change.When you create a account you are given a random gamertag,you can change from that random tag to one of your choosing for free.

As you have already used your one time free name change any other changes must be paid for.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One - Similar Threads - 360 GamerTag Change

2. Gamertag change from Xbox 360 is glitched.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change from Xbox 360 is glitched.: I recently changed my Gamertag from an Xbox 360 and have gone through hell trying to update my Gamertag on my Xbox One, after contacting support 3 times and trying many methods I ended up paying...
  3. I changed my Xbox Gamertag on the online website, now I can’t login to my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my Xbox Gamertag on the online website, now I can’t login to my Xbox 360.: Hi, recently I changed my gamertag in the online website where you can change your gamertag. Once I changed it, my Xbox 360 does not see the change to the Xbox Live account and won’t even let me...
  4. Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006: I created a new Microsoft account and thus an auto-generated gamertag was created as well. I downloaded the Xbox profile on both my Xbox One and Xbox 360. Since I wanted to change the gamertag to...
  5. Unable to Sign into the Xbox 360 Profile on my Xbox One after changing gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Sign into the Xbox 360 Profile on my Xbox One after changing gamertag: I recently changed my gamertag after having the default one for a few years now. Switching was fine for all of the Xbox One titles I own, but when I tried to play a 360 game, it would not allow me...
  6. TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...: I was trying to update my gamertag on my old xbox and my account got charged 5 times even though i never got a name change. I just kept getting an error, but I still got charged everytime. I have...
  7. Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One: Hi all, My husband changed his gamertag on xbox one a few years back. We decided to hook up our 360 last night and came to discover that on the sign in screen, his old gamertag is still...
  8. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  9. Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??: I recently changed my Gamertag on the 360, however when I sign into the Xbox One it shows both gamertags, only shows my old gamertag when signing in. Its kinda frustrating I paid for a gamertag...
  10. Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator': Hi All, So, after getting an Xbox One S recently, I changed my gamertag because to be honest, it was silly. After I did this, I went to launch Dragon Age:Origins, and silly me, of course.......