Xbox 360 games download corrupted

Discus and support Xbox 360 games download corrupted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im sure this has been raised many many times before, so apologies if this has been resolved successfully. If so, then please direct me to the correct... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheVonce, May 10, 2019.

1. TheVonce
    TheVonce Guest

Im sure this has been raised many many times before, so apologies if this has been resolved successfully. If so, then please direct me to the correct solution.

I am quite frustrated, because I have tried all the solutions provided by the Microsoft team without any success.

I have deleted the item, cleared cache (system and marketplace) and re-downloaded at least 6 times.

I have purchased an Xbox 360 game from the Xbox Store (On Demand) and whenever I download the game, it shows up as corrupted.

From what I can tell, I am in the correct region as my store / account. What is even more confusing is that I have purchased other games from this same store, undergone updates on these games, and even downloaded "patches" for my Xbox OG games with this
    same profile... All is in order, and it has never caused any issues.

Please can someone from the Xbox Support team provide a working solution to the problem?

:)

TheVonce, May 10, 2019
  2. misfit119 Win User

Star Wars: KOTOR (on demand Xbox classic game) won't download to my 360...

So I tried to be helpful and figure out what I could since I have a surplus of systems available at my disposal.

I tried downloading the game on my Xbox One over wireless. Succeeded first try.

Tried it on my 360 over wireless. Corrupted download.

Tried it on second 360 over wireless. Corrupted download.

Tried it on third 360 over wireless. Corrupted download.

Tried it on second Xbox One over wireless. Success first try.

Tried wired on my 360's. Corrupted.

Tried various ethernet cables on my 360's. Corrupted.

Tried taking out HDD and replacing. Corrupted.

Tried clearing caches and repeating previous steps. Corrupted.

Tried kerjiggering with my internet settings and then retried all of the above. Results:

Worked first try on the One

Never worked on the 360.

My suspicion is that they borked the download package in some fashion that's preventing it from installing on the 360. I'm not quite sure how they pulled it off since I've heard no complaints about the same thing happening with Ninja Gaiden Black and other
    games they beefed up for the Xbox One BC program.
  3. HassanB Win User

the game couldnt start try downloading it game again GTA SA

Hello,

What country / region is your LIVE account registered in?

What country / region are you currently living in?

If you have a region missmatch this can cause you to get a corrupted download, if you are getting this corrupted download continuously, please delete the content that is corrupted, clear your cache, and try to download the content again. If it's being corrupted
    again, please confirm that you have an original Xbox 360 hard drive as this is an original Xbox game and can only be played on an original hard drive. 3rd party hard drives purchased from places like eBay and Amazon marketplace do not have the emulation files
    needed to play the original Xbox games on the Xbox 360.
  4. TheVonce Win User

Quick quesrion and is the cause of 99.9% of bc titles issues

Does your account regoon match your actual region and do you live.in an xbox live region if not that would.be why

For.the best experience with xbox live console.region xbox live account region.

Actual region and language.region MUST.match

Region and language independence is a xbox one feature.only not.abc feature

Account region isnt the same as console.region you must change it on xbox.com under account settings

You must.select your actual region and can only be changed every 3months

BUT if you dont live.in an xbox live.region.there is no solution we can suggest bound by forum rules

If you dont.live.in a xbox live region then changing it to.a.non supportre region wont work

And selecting.random.regions wont work

Your actual.region is the only thing that.will.work
    Thanks ngocphi.

I believe I have checked all the right spots for this test.

I may have missed some checks here. I see this come up quite often in other threads, so if you can maybe give me the detail on what and where I need to verify to check this box?

I can confirm that I bought my console in the same region I registered my profile and Xbox Live account. All my other Microsoft products are also in the same region (like Windows etc).

Lastly, I have purchased other games from the same Xbox Live account in my current region and they all worked fine

Just curious... If the game I am buying will not work in my current account/ console /profile region (ie, become corrupted on download), then surely this is something that Microsoft can detect and must notify the user about before they spend their money?
    Is there a suggestion box somewhere? :)
  5. TheVonce Win User

One more thing. Are you having this issue with your Xbox 360 console, not on Xbox One, am I right?
    100%

I am on an Xbox 360, and not an Xbox One
  6. TheVonce Win User

Hi,

In addition to what 'Tomesso' has suggested (which were all good by the way), but with the exception of formatting the hard dive, this would be a last resort I think.

1. Delete the game you downloaded that is always showing as corrupt.

2. Go to the marketplace and download some Xbox 360 demo's. Doesn't matter what you choose to download, just make sure they download fully. One or two should be fine.

3. Re-download your game you purchased again. Does it work now?

If that doesn't work, you can attempt to download a game directly to an external storage device. The best option would be to use a suitable USB Flash drive. The drive must have at least 16GB to be sure enough free space is available.

1. Insert your Flash drive into the console and format it for Xbox 360 Storage.

2. Go to the marketplace and download something again, doesn't matter what, you're not going to complete the download anyway.

3. While the first item is still downloading, add your game to the download queue.

4. Bring up the mini guide, go to downloads. Go down to the game your having issues with which should be second this queue. Press A to select it and select 'Change storage device'.

5. Cancel the first download. Now your game will be downloaded directly to the USB Flash drive.

6. When the download completes, test your game. Does it work now?

If it works off the USB storage, but not your hard drive, it suggests your hard drive is on the way out and needs replacement.

Let us know how you get on.
    Thanks a lot for this option as well.

I believe my HDD is still fine, because I can still download updates, demos and play games on the HDD. Will continue to download a few more demos to double check, and then resort to using a USB.

Quick question... if I download the game onto USB, would it be possible to bring it back onto my HDD from the USB without having to download it again?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 games download corrupted - Similar Threads - 360 games download

2. Problem z pobieraniem gry na xbox 360[Problem with downloading the game on xbox 360]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem z pobieraniem gry na xbox 360[Problem with downloading the game on xbox 360]: Witam Zakupiłam Assasin's Creed III lecz nie mogę pobrać jej na xbox 360 , pobieranie zatrzymuje się z komunikatem "Nie można pobrać Assasin's Creed III". Próbowałam zalecane sposoby takie jak...
  3. I can´t download the game for xbox 360 this month

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can´t download the game for xbox 360 this month: I download Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, but I can´t complete the download. I´ve tried many times. It shows errors when it finishs. My console is a Xbox 360...
  4. Xbox 360 TC Ghost Recon AW 2 free game won’t let me confirm the download on Gold.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 TC Ghost Recon AW 2 free game won’t let me confirm the download on Gold.: I click “See Price” and when I get to Confirm Purchase, it says “This purchase channel requires a billing account. Please add a valid payment instrument...” I click Change Payment Options because...
  5. как скачать игры на xbox one x если они куплены на xbox 360? [How to download games on Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    как скачать игры на xbox one x если они куплены на xbox 360? [How to download games on Xbox...: Как перенести игры с xbox 360 на xbox one x? [Translation - How do I transfer games from Xbox 360 to Xbox One x?] febf86f2-fd99-46e7-9408-1d42bdaa620d
  6. How do I get games I downloaded online from xbox 360 to xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get games I downloaded online from xbox 360 to xbox one: I got minecraft xbox 360 and I have no idea how to get it on xbox one, or if its even possible 156eb9cb-48b1-41a5-8145-e18e002915bd
  7. New Games with Gold not playing after downloading on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Games with Gold not playing after downloading on Xbox 360: I have recently and repeatedly tried to download April 2019's first free Games with Gold game Star Wars Battlefront II but after downloading and pressing "play now", I keep getting: "Game Error...
  8. Can't download free Xbox 360 Gold games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't download free Xbox 360 Gold games: Like the title says, I've been unable to successfully download any of the free Xbox 360 games for the last month and a half. For some reason, this problem has only involved the Star Wars games....
  9. i can download games with gold but i can't play them on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can download games with gold but i can't play them on xbox 360: i bought a 30 days suscripcion to xbox live gold few days ago, when i downloaded the game a message appears saying that is not available. I don't now what to do and it's seems this doesn't have...
  10. Problema em baixar jogos do Live Gold pro Xbox 360 [Translate] Problem in downloading games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema em baixar jogos do Live Gold pro Xbox 360 [Translate] Problem in downloading games...: Boa noite Estou com problema em baixar e executar os jogos que baixo no Live Gold. Assim que eu termino de baixar o jogo tento executa-lo o jogo sem dar erro. O que eu faço? [Translate by Mod]...