Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one

Discus and support Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just want to know if sombody who has alot of 360 games installed on their xbox one have been updating the same 360 games 6 or 7 times now, I've had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BatmanDCKnight, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one

I just want to know if sombody who has alot of 360 games installed on their xbox one have been updating the same 360 games 6 or 7 times now, I've had around five 360 games update everyday for about a month now, is anyone else experiencing this or is there
    something wrong with my console?

:)

BatmanDCKnight, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Koods Win User

I believe Major Nelson tweeted something about this the other day, it's nothing to be concerned about just housekeeping on those games.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Knight

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you currently experiencing difficulties with multiple Xbox 360 games updating on your Xbox One.

The updates that you are experiencing are most likely enhancements for these Xbox 360 titles. However if they have been occurring for frequently then not, then it could be something else entirely.

I would first like to recommend performing a
    power cycle
    on your console and see if this helps resolve the problem. This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 just recently received a firmware update, so the updates you were receiving could have something to do with this.

Alternatively, if you are still seeing this, a soft
    factory reset
    might instead be the way to go. You can follow these simple steps to perform this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
      • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
        Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
        Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
        Reset and keep my games & apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
        Cancel
        button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I would implore your to use the Reset and keep my games & apps option, as this will reduce the amount of time it takes to get back to gaming.

Please, keep in mind, that this will remove all your account on your console as well as Home Xbox associations, so have the emails and passwords of the account you want to recover beforehand!

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. Fos Win User

It's normal. Those are updates for the emulator, not the game itself.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Minecraft Xbox 360 Update

So Minecraft on your Xbox 360 has not got the latest update. If the game needs an update, the Xbox 360 will check for one before the game starts and will ask you to update it or automatically do it (depending on your setting) if there is one available.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 games are larger on Xbox One.

Hi,

Xbox 360 backwards compatible games have been reverse engineered and converted to the play on the Xbox One platform. This is why, even if you own an Xbox 360 game on disc that is on the BC list, the Xbox One prompts you to download an update. In the case
    of Xbox 360 disc games, the 'update' is the game. Due to the conversion, the download size of the game will be slightly different compared that on a 360 console. This normal.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one - Similar Threads - 360 Games redundantly

2. Transfer 360 Games to xBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer 360 Games to xBox One: I recently purchased the Xbox One S and I had a 360. Tbere were a couple games I purchased for my daughters, Minecraft, Goat Simulator. They are not showing up on my new console. Do I have to do...
  3. GAME PASS no XBOX 360[GAME PASS on XBOX 360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME PASS no XBOX 360[GAME PASS on XBOX 360]: Boa Tarde, meu filho ganhou um xbox 360. Nos últimos dias adquiri uma conta XBOX GAME PASS. Toda vez que vou baixar o jogo no site para ele istalar o jogo no meu XBOX 360, ele informa o seguinte...
  4. Unable to claim Games With Gold that are Xbox 360 or older

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to claim Games With Gold that are Xbox 360 or older: I am a current xbox live gold member, and have been trying to claim the game Saints Row 2, as it is this months game with gold. When I try to claim this game on my xbox one, it says “This purchace...
  5. xbox 360 games original copies wont play on PC windows 10 for free why???

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 games original copies wont play on PC windows 10 for free why???: why does original xbox360 games hard copies play on pc format when the format is windows 10?????? 4d9c8312-f0af-4a77-ad5c-3b8af27ffde4
  6. En los juegos de xbox game pass no se reconoce mi control de xbox 360 -[Translation - In...

in XBoX on Windows
    En los juegos de xbox game pass no se reconoce mi control de xbox 360 -[Translation - In...: Buenas, ayer adquirí una licencia de 3 meses de xbox game pass y me di cuenta que en ningún juego funciona mi mando wireless de xbox 360. El tema es que con otros juegos y con otras plataformas...
  7. Xbox 360, video games, recording

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360, video games, recording: What's the best and easiest way to record gameplay on the Xbox 360? What are the best devices to use, if any? Where do i get them? How much do they cost? Cheaper alternatives? Also - if i also...
  8. comprar un juego de xbox 360 para xbox one[buy an xbox 360 game for xbox one]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    comprar un juego de xbox 360 para xbox one[buy an xbox 360 game for xbox one]: hola. quiero comprar un juego de xbox 360 retrocompatible. Tengo una xbox one pero no puedo hacer la compra. Tengo todos mis datos de compra en xbox pero cuando entro para hacer la compra me dice...
  9. i wanted to redeem a 360 game on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    i wanted to redeem a 360 game on 360: so i wanted to buy a fallout new vegas for the xbox 360 and put it on my xbox 360, so went to the microsoft store and purchased it (the reason i didn't just buy it on the 360 itself was because...
  10. Can't buy a game on the Xbox 360 Marketplace online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy a game on the Xbox 360 Marketplace online: I've been wanting to get Left for Dead 2 again since it's backwards compatible and I realized I could buy it digitally online via the Xbox 360 marketplace. However, when I go to purchase the game...