Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one

Discus and support Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just want to know if sombody who has alot of 360 games installed on their xbox one have been updating the same 360 games 6 or 7 times now, I've had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BatmanDCKnight, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one

I just want to know if sombody who has alot of 360 games installed on their xbox one have been updating the same 360 games 6 or 7 times now, I've had around five 360 games update everyday for about a month now, is anyone else experiencing this or is there
    something wrong with my console?

:)

BatmanDCKnight, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Koods Win User

I believe Major Nelson tweeted something about this the other day, it's nothing to be concerned about just housekeeping on those games.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Knight

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you currently experiencing difficulties with multiple Xbox 360 games updating on your Xbox One.

The updates that you are experiencing are most likely enhancements for these Xbox 360 titles. However if they have been occurring for frequently then not, then it could be something else entirely.

I would first like to recommend performing a
    power cycle
    on your console and see if this helps resolve the problem. This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 just recently received a firmware update, so the updates you were receiving could have something to do with this.

Alternatively, if you are still seeing this, a soft
    factory reset
    might instead be the way to go. You can follow these simple steps to perform this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
      • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
        Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
        Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
        Reset and keep my games & apps
        and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
        Cancel
        button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I would implore your to use the Reset and keep my games & apps option, as this will reduce the amount of time it takes to get back to gaming.

Please, keep in mind, that this will remove all your account on your console as well as Home Xbox associations, so have the emails and passwords of the account you want to recover beforehand!

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. Fos Win User

It's normal. Those are updates for the emulator, not the game itself.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Minecraft Xbox 360 Update

So Minecraft on your Xbox 360 has not got the latest update. If the game needs an update, the Xbox 360 will check for one before the game starts and will ask you to update it or automatically do it (depending on your setting) if there is one available.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 games are larger on Xbox One.

Hi,

Xbox 360 backwards compatible games have been reverse engineered and converted to the play on the Xbox One platform. This is why, even if you own an Xbox 360 game on disc that is on the BC list, the Xbox One prompts you to download an update. In the case
    of Xbox 360 disc games, the 'update' is the game. Due to the conversion, the download size of the game will be slightly different compared that on a 360 console. This normal.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Games redundantly updating on xbox one - Similar Threads - 360 Games redundantly

2. Comprar juegos de Xbox 360 [Translation - Buy Xbox 360 games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comprar juegos de Xbox 360 [Translation - Buy Xbox 360 games]: Hola, tengo un problema, hay descuentos con gold de algunos juegos del xbox 360 que quisiera comprar, al momento de intentarlo me pide una tarjeta de crédito o débito, el problema es que yo no...
  3. No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one: Hey there! I've been trying to get " Tekken tag tournament 2", since it's free on gold now. Thing is, after I select it and click see price, then I click continue, there are no payment options...
  4. Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One does not recognize my 3D tv when I try to play old 360 3D game, but will play DVD...: My Xbox 360 died, so I bought a new Xbox One. It plays the old 360 games in normal mode, but when I try to switch on the 3D mode, it says it has detected that my tv is NOT a 3D tv, and will not...
  5. Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360: got a 250 GB hard drive 360 slim the Sphinx game downloaded and played the first time now its having problems cost 14 dollars having issues with it now wont download at all tried everything...
  6. Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile: I got my younger cousin on my xbox account using the kid profile thing where he has his own profile but its linked to my xbox live when he tries to play some of the 360 games I have his profile...
  7. Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with games and hard disk on Xbox 360 S: Hello, this may be a bit long but the issue here is quite complex and I want to make everything as clear as possible by giving all the details needed. Please, if you are a Xbox 360 expert, give...
  8. Can not play XBOX classic games on my XBOX 360!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not play XBOX classic games on my XBOX 360!?: Hi everyone, my problem is that I can not play my xbox classic (original) games on my XBOX 360. I know you can play some titles on the XBOX ONE but the librarý which is accepted by the XBOX 360...
  9. Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold: I have an old xbox 360 and Fifa 11. I just signed up for Xbox Live Gold so that I could play online but when I try to connect it says the EA servers are down. Is this a connection error or is this...
  10. Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360: So I came across a problem while trying to play Conker: Live and Reloaded on my Xbox 360. It all Started when I got it and put it in only to find that I didn’t have an Xbox 360 hard drive so I got...