Xbox 360 Hard Disk Drive - Installing Need for Speed Rivals

Discus and support Xbox 360 Hard Disk Drive - Installing Need for Speed Rivals in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there - I hope someone can help. We bought our son Need for Speed Rivals not realising it needs Hard Drive installation, and so to curb his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blueboyjonny, Feb 13, 2014.

1. blueboyjonny
    blueboyjonny Guest

Hi there - I hope someone can help.

We bought our son Need for Speed Rivals not realising it needs Hard Drive installation, and so to curb his disappointment we bought (admittedly) a second hand 250GB hard drive as we can't afford new.

The drive arrived today and we firstly tried to copy profiles and games from Arcade to the hard drive, but they all failed apart from some save games that came up with exclamation marks next to them.

Next we tried to install Need for Speed. The screen comes up and and says "Install HD content to Hard Drive?" press A to continue or X to quit. So we press A, nothing seems to happen and then the game screen goes back to the above. An endless circle.

I also noticed tonight upon start up, after pressing power, the Xbox takes ages (3-4 minutes) to get past the Xbox splash screen. And when it does eventually get to the login screen it takes ages as well.

Any advice please? Is it a faulty hard drive and should I have not bought a second hand one?

Thanks

Jon

:)

blueboyjonny, Feb 13, 2014
  2. Chevtech96
    Chevtech96 Guest
    need for speed rivals won't load

I'm trying to load need for speed rivals it says hard drive required and won't let me go any further. It requires 1.6gb of space, I have a 4gb xbox 360 and cleared out 1.7gb

to load it but it keeps coming up " Device not allowed, the game only permits installing HD content on the xbox 360 hard drive". Does anyone have any ideas?

Chevtech96, Feb 13, 2014
  3. H-F Hum
    H-F Hum Guest
    Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives

H-F Hum, Feb 13, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Where did you purchase the drive from? It is possible that it could be either a faulty drive or 3rd party drive.

onyxishere, Feb 13, 2014
  5. H-F Hum Win User

Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

need for speed rivals

I got this from EA games support page

"Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360
    Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles. "

Here's the link https://help.ea.com/uk/article/need-for-speed-rivals-xbox-360-installation-information
  7. onyxishere Win User

Where did you purchase the drive from? It is possible that it could be either a faulty drive or 3rd party drive.
  8. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Unable to load need for speed rivals

Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360
    Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles.
  9. Vision Verrify Win User

need for speed rivals won't load

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Hard Disk Drive - Installing Need for Speed Rivals - Similar Threads - 360 Hard Disk

2. need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games: need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games????!!! e42cd924-b184-47fe-825d-cddd75f27301
  3. Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't set up like new device after formatting hard drive?: Normally when your format your hard drive and memory unit it allows you to set-up your xbox 360 like a new xbox 360.... but mine just said it was done and returned to the storage menu in the...
  4. Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd: the xbox 360 will support a 2 TB external hdd. I have seen on the internet that it will support 2 hdds. is that accurate? 54187aa2-1b26-4b2c-88c3-32ef78122e29
  5. The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive: Hello! I was installing games from game disks to my hard drive following this instruction. When I started installing Minecraft: I inserted the game disc into the disc drive; From the home hub...
  6. Xbox 360 install Minecraft on Hard Disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 install Minecraft on Hard Disk: Hi, i would like to know why isn't possible to install X360 Minecraft form DVD to Hard Disk. Every time the disc is read, with rumor and heat generated by the console. There isn't the option to...
  7. Can Disks 2-4 of Wolfenstein TNO be installed to the 360 Hard Disk?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Disks 2-4 of Wolfenstein TNO be installed to the 360 Hard Disk?: Disk 1 gets installed to the HDD automatically, but there doesn't seem to be a way to install the subsequent disks. Is there a way to install disks 2-4 to the HDD? Thanks!...
  8. xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate: So long story short: My xboxfat recently died, so I saved the hard disk (60GB HHD) for the transfer to my new slim. I even bought online the transfer cable, but the slim doesn't begin the...
  9. Xbox 360 doesnt save in hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 doesnt save in hard disk: Hi, I have a Xbox 360 with Jasper motherboard, I was very busy in last months and my Xbox were turn off, I turned on today and an updated was request, but I can't update, an error appeared with...
  10. Hard Disk "Xbox 360 E"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Disk "Xbox 360 E": Hi. I want to know if the hard disk of "Xbox 360 E" is the same of "Xbox 360 Slim". Thanks 2c31dabd-395b-42fc-ad2b-c3d23d027693