Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable

Discus and support Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a genuine Microsoft micro USB cable for my HD DVD drive? I could just get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by motaboy, Mar 17, 2014.

1. motaboy
    motaboy Guest

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a genuine Microsoft micro USB cable for my HD DVD drive? I could just get a cheap replacement but would like to get my hands on a genuine one for my collection, plus I like the look
    and feel of the genuine Microsoft cable with the soft rubber and rounded curves as apposed to the hard plastic, square edged el cheapo ones.

Cheers!

TommyDarko.

:)

motaboy, Mar 17, 2014
  2. niner4life9
    niner4life9 Guest
    What is the following worth to a potential buyer?

1. Elite Xbox 360 (120GB hard drive) (The first Elite bundle with no built in Wi-Fi)
    2. Kinect
    3. HD DVD player
    4. Controller (Thumbstick pads are a little worn down as I did use it)
    5. Official Xbox 360 Chatpad
    6. Official Xbox 360 Media Remote (For use with HD DVD player) (Full size remote)
    7. The original Xbox 360 camera
    8. The first official Microsoft wireless headset (with charging cable)
    9. Two official Xbox 360 wired headsets (Both headsets work perfectly but one is missing the padding around the ear.)
    10. Five Faceplates (1 White, 1 Blue, 1 American Flag, 2 Black)

The console and accessories are in awesome shape (single owner, adult owned, smoke free home). Everything works. The 360 has been updated to the latest version. The controller comes with a rechargeable battery pack and cord (Doesn't hold charge for very long but still works). All cables are included.

The Console, Kinect, and HD DVD player all come with their original boxes and papers. Do you think this is worth say $250.

niner4life9, Mar 17, 2014
  3. External Seagate 2TB Game Drive for Xbox 360 gets Device not allowed error

I have an xbox 360 that was running off a 8GB USB thumb drive with NO internal drive.

I just purchased an seagate 2TB external usb game drive for xbox which is compatible with both the xbox one and xbox 360. When I started a game it asks where I want to store the game and I chose the external 2TB drive. I get the error “Device not allowed”.
    “The game only permits installing HD content on the Xbox 360 Hard Drive”. I bought a genuine Xbox USB external drive was expecting it to work seamlessly.

SnobbyOrc179266, Mar 17, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Since Microsoft no lonfer supports that device, its going to be very hard to find an official cable for it. You could try eBay.

x24hrs2livex, Mar 17, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Since Microsoft no lonfer supports that device, its going to be very hard to find an official cable for it. You could try eBay.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Is it possible?

[quote user="Psychonaut Soul"]is there a way i could link my laptop to my 360 to use it as an external cd/dvd drive[/quote]No, though if you had the HD DVD add-on you could use that. It's just a standard HD DVD drive with a SATA to USB adapter inside the
    casing.
  7. voteDC Win User

"Xbox Surface". New Xbox-brand Tablet

[quote user="LostKauz"]

but the absence of a DVD Drive means no Retail Disc. That is unless there will be a method to Instal Games somehow to the Storage Device on board?[/quote]Use a USB DVD drive to install things from disc.

I use the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive to install stuff onto my netbook.
  8. voteDC Win User

120G HDD was fine, now won't recognize

The disc of the transfer kit isn't needed any longer as the transfer software is built into the 360's dashboard. Forgive the question but are you sure that the cable you were using is a genuine Microsoft one?

-

From what you've posted it sounds as if your 120gb hard drive has been reformatted as a USB drive, which is why it'll work when connected to the cable. Sorry to say but if it has been reformatted as a USB device then there is no way to return it to a normal
    360 hard drive.
  9. Naxo021207 Win User

xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable - Similar Threads - 360 DVD Drive

2. cambiar lector dvd xbox 360 slim como le hago [Translation - change xbox 360 slim dvd...

in XBoX on Consoles
    cambiar lector dvd xbox 360 slim como le hago [Translation - change xbox 360 slim dvd...: buenas tardes necesito cambiar el lector de mi xbox 360 slim por otro nuevo que necesito hacer [Translation - good afternoon I need to change the reader of my xbox 360 slim for another new one...
  3. Dvd menu set to wrong language on XBOX 360 ...is there any way to change it once...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dvd menu set to wrong language on XBOX 360 ...is there any way to change it once...: To be clear, this is not about verbal language playback settings. This is referring to the DVD menu (Play, Scene Selection, Bonus Materials, etc). Kids put a new dvd in and didn't choose english,...
  4. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0
  5. Xbox one S dvd layer movie and 360 won't read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S dvd layer movie and 360 won't read: Hi, since the last november update, my xbox one S not recognize anymore dvd movie or 360 retro compatible disc. I have not problem with bluray disc for movie and games....
  6. XBOX 360 REGION ENCODING ACTIVATED ON HD DVD IN RECENT UPDATE???

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 REGION ENCODING ACTIVATED ON HD DVD IN RECENT UPDATE???: Is anybody else having a problem that their HD DVDs no longer play on their console if they are not UK/USA region? I had various HD DVDs from Spain, and other European countries and they do not...
  7. My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive: Hi, My Xbox 360 ne longer recognizes my DVD drive. When I insert a disc. a multilingual message pops up saying the drive is not recognized. It used to work. I have a number of DVD games loaded...
  8. Xbox 360 disc and dvd wont play in Xbox one disc drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 disc and dvd wont play in Xbox one disc drive.: Xbox 360 disc and DVD wont play in Xbox one disc drive but Xbox one game disc do work. I've tried the disc in my old 360 and they work perfectly so I know it ain't the disc. Also the digital...
  9. Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?: just pulled mine out of a cupboard and tried to get it to work with an Xbox 360 slim running latest update and can’t seem to get the Xbox to recognise the external drive? Do they still support...
  10. my 360 drive died and i do have a HD-DVD drive, is there a way to still play my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 360 drive died and i do have a HD-DVD drive, is there a way to still play my games?: I was wondering if there is a possibility that i can use my HD-DVD drive to play my (more than 100) original games without having to buy a new console because the economic crisis still is in full...