XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Discus and support XBOX 360 HDD Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I just bought an authentic (official) XBOX 360 320GB HDD for my XBOX 360 Slim. However, it is not detected by my XBOX when I go to "storage". Only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SBS2803M, Sep 19, 2020.

1. SBS2803M
    SBS2803M Guest

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Hi! I just bought an authentic (official) XBOX 360 320GB HDD for my XBOX 360 Slim.

However, it is not detected by my XBOX when I go to "storage". Only my pre-installed 3GB memory unit shows up.

When I insert the HDD into the XBOX while it is turned on, my XBOX restarts, but the HDD still doesn't show up.

I need ways to solve it.

There are some things that I think may be the issue:

- My memory unit only has 162MB free out of 3GB

- I don't have an XBOX Live acc, only offline accounts

Please let me know if there any ways to solve it as rebooting the XBOX does nothing for me. Thank you so much

:)

SBS2803M, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Hi,

Without testing another known working drive to see if it works, then there is no other way to know.

If another known working drive does not work on your console, but works on another machine then your console has a fault. Microsoft doesn't fix Xbox 360 consoles anymore so my advice would be to seek out a console repair shop or an online console repair
    service.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Hi,

1. Did this hard drive ever work or was it DOA (Dead on Arrival)?
    2. Why have you tried to connect it while the console is turn on? Is this how you originally attempted to install it?
    3. How do you know your drive is an official MS hard drive?
    4. Was it new or second hand?

Xbox 360 hard drives are not like USB hard drives, you should never attempt to insert a drive while the machine is on. If this is what you did, you may have damaged the drive beyond repair now. if the drive is not detected then there is nothing you can do.
    These drives are not meant to be repaired by the user.

Just so you know, with the exception of a few later games on the 360, most 360 games can be installed and run either from a USB Flash drive or an external USB hard drive. The console supports external drives up to 2TB.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Oh I see! Thank you so much. So it's a problem with the port itself and not like the software?
    Certainly sounds like it yeah.
  5. SBS2803M Win User

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Hi,

Without testing another known working drive to see if it works, then there is no other way to know.

If another known working drive does not work on your console, but works on another machine then your console has a fault. Microsoft doesn't fix Xbox 360 consoles anymore so my advice would be to seek out a console repair shop or an online console repair
    service.
    Oh I see! Thank you so much. So it's a problem with the port itself and not like the software?
  6. SBS2803M Win User

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

Hi,

1. Did this hard drive ever work or was it DOA (Dead on Arrival)?
    2. Why have you tried to connect it while the console is turn on? Is this how you originally attempted to install it?
    3. How do you know your drive is an official MS hard drive?
    4. Was it new or second hand?

Xbox 360 hard drives are not like USB hard drives, you should never attempt to insert a drive while the machine is on. If this is what you did, you may have damaged the drive beyond repair now. if the drive is not detected then there is nothing you can do.
    These drives are not meant to be repaired by the user.

Just so you know, with the exception of a few later games on the 360, most 360 games can be installed and run either from a USB Flash drive or an external USB hard drive. The console supports external drives up to 2TB.
    Hey there

1. My seller had tested it on his console before and after he gave it to me; it worked for him.

2. I originally installed it while it was turned off, and it was still undetected. I gave back the same hard drive to the seller for him to test it, and it was working for his console; so he gave it back to me.

3. My seller says that it is, but I'm unsure. It probably is because it works for his console.

4. It is new.

The drive was still working for him after I had attempted to insert it while it was on. So sorry I knew it was a mistake but I was desperate. However the HDD still works for him so that means there is likely a problem with my console, but I don't know how to
    solve it.
Thema:

XBOX 360 HDD Issues

1. XBOX 360 HDD Issues - Similar Threads - 360 HDD Issues

2. XBOX 360 External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 External HDD: Hi! I want to use my 4TB external HDD for my XBOX 360 Slim. It is connected via a USB 2.0 port which the XBOX has. However, it is not formatted to Fat32 (XBOX uses it). I have some important...
  3. Changed my Xbox 360, new Xbox 360 won't allow me to access the DLC I have on the HDD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my Xbox 360, new Xbox 360 won't allow me to access the DLC I have on the HDD: As the title says, I've recently purchased a 360 (old one died due to NAND corruption after an update) and I plugged my old 250 GB HDD into it. On that hard drive there are various addons for...
  4. Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  5. External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD data transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One S: How do I transfer the 496GB of external hard drive game data from my Xbox 360 to my new Xbox One S? When I plug in the drive the Xbox One S wants to format the drive and erase my data or call it a...
  6. Play Xbox 360 Games From External HDD?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play Xbox 360 Games From External HDD?: I have a copy of NCAA Football 14 I would like to start playing again. Instead of playing it off the disc from my 4 GB Xbox 360S I would prefer to install it to a hard drive and play it from...
  7. Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play backward's compatable games on 360 with a brand new hdd: I recently bought an HDD for my XBOX 360 slim. It arrived today. I installed this using the method mentioned on this site as well as multiple hundreds of YouTube videos. Really, it isn't rocket...
  8. My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...: My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives? Basically, I would like to be able to power down my 360, change the...
  9. Copy Xbox 360 HDD to a second 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Copy Xbox 360 HDD to a second 360: I just picked up another 360 for use in the bedroom in addition to the 360 & One in other rooms. I know I can just transfer from one HDD to another but can I just copy my HDD content to a second...
  10. 1TB external HDD on Xbox 360 issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    1TB external HDD on Xbox 360 issues: I have a 1tb external HDD, I plugged it into my Xbox and the Xbox 360 won't even see it. I have formatted into ExFAT and FAT32 and it still won't recognise, and yet the PC has no issues and...